+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jada

Smack her and send her to jail, toss the key in the trash..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This is a hard one. If it had been any other teen (Someone not on Brat Camp.) most people would say it was a horrible accident. Maybe even feel sorry for the teen. She does after all have to live with the fact that she did this. Thank God no one was killed.

It is very stupid of her to say she's being edited unfairly. Cmon Jada. We all heard you say how easy it is for you to manipulate your parents because they're "suckers".

FORT Regular
    In order for their to be THAT much footage, the way that they are portraying her must at least be PARTLY true. I don't think they're piecing together one word at a time to make her out like that, and I think she forgets that we have not seen the whole show yet, she may turn around completely at the end of the series and have the audience as a whole feeling differently about her.

FORT Fan
    Jada Jada Jada. Reminds me so much of myself about 2 months ago.. Something about that article is telling me she actually did change. It's not that hard to do once you realize how wrong it all is.. And i think thats what SageWalk did for her. I did all the things she did plus more.. and it's not a fun life, but it's stage that most teens have to go through. I definatley don't discord that type of lifestyle.. but i blame it on the crowd she's with. I'm almost positive she didn't take it upon herself to be that way. And I know that the whole speedboat incident was an accident. Sure she should have had someone elese in the boat with her, but no one was killed and thats the point of view people should be appraising.

granted no one was killed, but Jada must learn there are either consequences or rewards to any actions, and she along with many other millions must realize this, before you do something stupid.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

As a mom of grown kids and as a high school teacher with over 15 years teaching experience, I can honestly say that the: "stage that most teens have to go through" is not correct.

Although teenage years are difficult to navigate, moving form childhood to adulthood, most teens do not behave the way these teens behave. My husband (also a teacher) teaches in a school for these kinds of kids. They have been removed from the normal classroom setting because of self-destructive, defiant behavior that keeps teachers from teaching and other students from learning. They are a small percentage of the "normal" teen student population and yet take up 80% of the teachers energy trying to keep classes on track.

Honestly, these kids on Brat camp are not "just normal teens going through normal stuff." There are extraordinary circumstances that have lead them here.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

FORT Regular
    My teenage years are not very far behind me and I must say that myself and my large group of friends NEVER behaved even remotely like these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcina
    My teenage years are not very far behind me and I must say that myself and my large group of friends NEVER behaved even remotely like these kids.
    My teen years are way behind me, people I knew never acted like this, nor did quite a few teens I've known over the years. For the majority I would say that 99.9% of young people are very good, level headed , solid people. Jada is just a spoiled, gets her way all the time, and overreacts when she doesn't. I think her parents should go to PRAT camp. (that would be my interpretation of BRAT camp for parents)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    As a mom of grown kids and as a high school teacher with over 15 years teaching experience, I can honestly say that the: "stage that most teens have to go through" is not correct.

Although teenage years are difficult to navigate, moving form childhood to adulthood, most teens do not behave the way these teens behave. My husband (also a teacher) teaches in a school for these kinds of kids. They have been removed from the normal classroom setting because of self-destructive, defiant behavior that keeps teachers from teaching and other students from learning. They are a small percentage of the "normal" teen student population and yet take up 80% of the teachers energy trying to keep classes on track.

Honestly, these kids on Brat camp are not "just normal teens going through normal stuff." There are extraordinary circumstances that have lead them here.
    Absolutely. At my daughter's high school, they have something the kids call "The Box". It seems to be a badge that the "bad" kids wear proudly. They literally take the short bus, go in later, come home earlier, and sit in one room all day. These are like the 19 and 20 year olds who are still in high school, kids "like that", the James Deans and Fonzies of our day, and kick that up about 60 notches. But it's in a regular high school. A VERY good high school, with many Bloustein Distinguished Scholars. Normal teens, even the privileged ones in our school district, don't "have" to go through that stage.

My daughter has learned pretty quick what's acceptable and what's not, although she's always tried to test me. She thinks she's crafty, but I'm slicker and you can't BS a BS-er, if you know what I mean. She's shocked at how much I know (that includes her myspace.com page!! Parents: all teens are into this now! Take heed!) Jada has been able to get over on her parents and it's just sad. They took her word for everything.

I cry at least once every episode of this show, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    My teen years are way behind me, people I knew never acted like this, nor did quite a few teens I've known over the years. For the majority I would say that 99.9% of young people are very good, level headed , solid people. Jada is just a spoiled, gets her way all the time, and overreacts when she doesn't. I think her parents should go to PRAT camp. (that would be my interpretation of BRAT camp for parents)

I agree, Jada needs to be smacked around a little bit. I never remember myself or my siblings acting like this. Good show though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast