+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lauren

Lauren

17, Davis, CA.

Lauren was a straight "A" student who excelled in everything, until her father suddenly passed away when she was 11.
    Unable to deal with the grief, Lauren turned to drugs and admits to smoking pot every day and doing whatever it takes to get her fix.
    Lauren's mother sent her to SageWalk hoping that her daughter would face up to her father's death and quit drugs.

This is a sad story.
    I hope she can get the help she needs to deal with her father's death.
    Sounbds like she is a good kid who went off the rails.
    Hopefully they can steer her back in the right direction.

I agree, Fluff. Out of all the bios, this is the only kid I feel sorry for. I can't even imagine having to deal with my dad's death at 11.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I really hope this can help her.

She doesn't seem bad at all, just depressed. Just because you do drugs doesnt mean you're bad, you're just trying to find a way to escape your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    This is a sad story.
    I hope she can get the help she needs to deal with her father's death.
    Sounbds like she is a good kid who went off the rails.
    Hopefully they can steer her back in the right direction.
    We had moved into a house a year earlier and then my father died and left us 3 kids. Mom had to go on welfare for 6 mths (never told us) and then got a job. This was long ago (60's)and our ages were 13 (twins) and 15.
    Did we turn to drugs and all the bad stuff. Hell no, we helped each other and did the best we could to make life easier for mom as she was left to support us. We cleaned the house, took care of the yard, made dinners and found whatever work we could to keep us all afloat and we all turned out ok.
    Kids today have no sense of responsiblity and blame everyone else but themselves when life deals them a blow. I shudder to think these kids are the adults of tomorrow.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    This girl is a crack up.. I love her sense of humor. Not to mention, she seems to be the only one with a "level-head". Every time there is an issue, she seems to be the only kid who talks reason (besides the counselors).
    I was feeling bad for her when that lil prickhead was being a jerk to her, but..she turned it all around and successfully held her head high.

She's gonna be totally OK after this show..I have no doubt about it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

"Death" unfortunately is a part of life we all have to deal with - I have to agree with Jacki on the majority of this issue (I work at a jail and get sick of the "it's not my fault" syndrome all the inmates have). Unfortunately, parents these days (and this is no offense to anyone) do not spend alot of time with their kids and basically give them anything they want. Kids in sports are handed trophies just for "participating" rather than learning what it's like to lose - some kid sports programs don't even keep scores!!!! We're raising a generation of lazy, "that's not my fault" people!!!

I just hope that Lauren received some kind of grief counseling when her father died (she may still need it). If Mom has not seen to this - then Mom should be the one at camp!

FORT Fan
    I am really rooting for this kid. She has so much on the ball and has a lot to offer. She is smart and shows real leadership potential. I sure this camp helps her to get through whatever it is she needs to get through...so that she can go on to have a happy and productive life.

Lauren is the most interesting person on this show so far and by far the least scary. Her asides in front of the camera are very entertaining and spot-on in their analysis. I worry that she is a little too smart and will be using intellectualization and rationalization as defense mechanisms instead of dealing with her actual problems. I fear she will come along the least out of all of the "brats" who have much further to progress. Hopefully she can open up a little about herself more in the future episodes and turn her life around. She seems like a really good person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast