+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lauren

I think this girl has so far to go in life I really hope this does something for her. She is so funny, refreshing and interesting. Lauren I hope you go far in life.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular
    I like Lauren, she's really take charge - aggressive but not in the same way that Frank is, that's what I've found. She seems intent on what she does, which may be a downfall if she were to get into any extremely destructive behaviour.

I feel bad for this girl,I can't imagine what it it would be like to lose a parent,and especially at her tender age.I don't think she is bad,she is just severely depressed and hasn't had an outlet for her depression.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

The smartest one in the bunch I think. If any of them have a good shot at getting help I think she has. She showed leadership skills and is very bright. Of course she is the oldest one of the brats.

Gosh -- My wife and I were more than a little teary eyed last night. It's amazing to see the pain in that poor kid. I really hope this show helps!!! She seams like such a natural leader, I have no doubts she has a ton to offer if she wasn't stoned 24/7 at home.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 37.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

I was tearing up too last night. I really hope she can build on the realization that she's just been using the drugs and alcohol to numb the pain and deal with her father's death finally. I agree with everyone that she has enormous promise. When she said they buried her father on Christmas Eve, I thought ouch.

We're all in the same boat! Last nights episode in general had me weepy, but Lauren's situation especially. The fact that she acknowledged that her drinking and drug use is a numbing agent is really a big step.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I wish that they would have given her one of those beads too....

My mom was crying! I was getting teary eyed too! She's a really great leader. How she encouraged Nick when he was trying to read was really nice.

Okay, I'll ask in here. Does anyone know the song that was playing while Lauren was remembering her dad? Some of the words were Can I hold on tight to the memory of you and I? I'd like to find out the artist and title of the song. It was so beautiful. I have to admit I sobbed like a baby last night. As I posted in another thread, I lost my own dad 16 years ago and while I'm not a teen, I know what it's like. I still have a hard time when the anniversary rolls around. The anniversary just passed on the 11th. I can so relate to what Lauren is going through.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast