+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Lunch With Andra

My Lunch With Andra

Just thought I'd share...

About 3 weeks ago, my partner and I were in California on some personal business, and we were fortunate enough to have lunch with Andra. Though I was a bit nervous as we waited for her to arrive, I have to say that she immediately put me at ease once she got there and we started talking. At the risk of sounding star struck, I want to say that she is very personable and very attractive. After talking to her for just a few minutes, I could tell just how much she cared about James and was truly looking out for him during the whole process of the show. The two of them have a very close and very special friendship, and that was evident in the way she talked about him during our conversation.

Because of contractual obligations, there were a lot of things that Andra couldn't tell me and that we couldn't discuss. However, she did share a couple of items with me that I found interesting, and I hope Andra doesn't mind me sharing with you. First of all, Andra was not on the premises during James' final selection. Secondly, I asked Andra if (in general) she disagreed with any of James' selections at any point during the week. She said that she would have made the same decisions at each point in the game that James did if she were in his shoes. I asked Andra about James's revealing the "twist" to her, and she said that, as with any reality show, editing plays a large part in how participants are portrayed to the viewing audience. However, she assured me that her reaction was very genuine and honest, and that the experience of doing the show only strengthened her relationship with James. She maintains a good relationship with several of the guys (as you can tell from her own posts), and it sounds as if there are no existing "hard feelings" between any of the guys who were eliminated and James or Andra.

Though we were only able to spend about an hour together (Andra did have to get back to work), I really enjoyed the time I spent talking to Andra. She is a great person who was put in an awkward position and (in my opinion) came through it with flying colors. I look forward to keeping in touch with her long after the show is over.

What a great thing, Lobes! Thanks for sharing the story!

That was a great story Lobeck! I am so jealous right now, but I am really glad that you got to meet Andra face to face. She really seems like a wonderful lady, and I'm glad that she is open to meeting and talking with fans of the show.

Lobeck, Thank you for that great story.
    I've switched favorite cast members many times during BMB. But in the end, Andra has emerged as my favorite and you've helped to confirm my feelings. Keep it up!
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

+ Reply to Thread