+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franklin's TV Guide Online Interview

Franklin's TV Guide Online Interview

One of the few and rare interviews with our favorite sommelier Franklin!

On Tuesday, Bravo hosted a screening party for the finale episode of Boy Meets Boy. At Here Lounge a popular West Hollywood gay bar partygoers gossiped like mad about the all-male dating show. The biggest question: Is James really hot for his chosen one, Wes? Or was this reality TV romance over before it even began? More dish on that sketchy scenario tomorrow. Today, TV Guide Online concerns itself with Franklin, the curly-tressed straight imposter who played gay all the way to the final two. Guarded and very politically correct, the 23-year-old wine steward claims no sour grapes about losing out on the $25,000 prize. So why did he do this show? Read on...

TV Guide Online: Some of the straights were clearly in this for cash and TV exposure. But you seemed like a really good guy. Why stoop to such deception?
    Franklin: It was really to help educate Middle America, which I came from. Six months after I moved here from Wisconsin, I was integrated into this show. When I really heard the theme and what Bravo was trying to do, I understood it was something I believe in wholeheartedly. Coming from Wisconsin, which is smack dab in Middle America, you have a lot of ignorance that's tough to get around. If I could be just a part of [helping] that... So there was never a monetary gain in my mind, ever.

TVGO: Uh huh. And you're not hoping this will lead to an acting career? That's why good looking guys move to L.A., after all...
    Franklin: I'm not an actor. I do wine. I'm a sommelier.

TVGO: So this Boy Meets Boy fame won't mean a career change for you?
    Franklin: (Sheepish) I don't know, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not sure.

TVGO: Speaking of acting, you appeared very jealous at one point, when James kissed another guy. Was that just part of the game?
    Franklin: It was a shock. It wasn't acting. When James and Darren kissed, that was a shock. Because of what Andra had told me about the person that James is, and what Darren had told me about James. There were conflicting stories going on. I was just surprised. James caught me off guard, that's all.

TVGO: It was obviously dishonest to encourage James's romantic interest in you. Did you fear hurting his feelings?
    Franklin: I assumed I would be going home right from the beginning. I wasn't there with high hopes of finding love. Later, I started to understand, "There could be an interest here." And I became emotionally involved and emotionally drained halfway through the shooting of the show. Of course, I was worried and I was very concerned that I was going to hurt someone, and I did not want to hurt James, let alone the other guys.

TVGO: So did you hurt James in the end?
    Franklin: The show as a whole was definitely a shocker. That [straight plot twist] is a lot to put on someone, especially a kind person like him. It would be a mind screw!

TVGO: Now that you're "out" as a heterosexual, we've gotta ask: Do you have a girlfriend off-screen?
    Franklin: Um, I don't want to divulge. It's really my personal life.

Any Thoughts?

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

Rab
    Well if he doesn't want to reply a simple yes or no to the question I'm going to assume he's either a closet gay or bisexual. Come on, at least let all the single women in the country know you're available or not. _

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Well if he doesn't want to reply a simple yes or no to the question I'm going to assume he's either a closet gay or bisexual. Come on, at least let all the single women in the country know you're available or not. _
    Hey! I was thinking the same thing...I didn't think he was a prude, haha. I think that there is a very good possibility that he could be bisexual, and that going on the show was a way for him to "test the waters" so to speak. If he was really looking for a relationship, I think he would've at least said he was available!

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

Rab
    Oh well I never liked the guy anyways. That ugly hybrid of a fro and mullet has gotta go (just like in episode 4 where the guys in the van make fun of his big hair).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Oh well I never liked the guy anyways. That ugly hybrid of a fro and mullet has gotta go (just like in episode 4 where the guys in the van make fun of his big hair).
    rofl! fro and mullet...! I still think he was quite beautiful, but the narcissistic/clueless side of him was a little bit of a turnoff for me... I think he was just really young and has a bit of growing up to do. Like wine, he'll probably get better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    rofl! fro and mullet...! I still think he was quite beautiful, but the narcissistic/clueless side of him was a little bit of a turnoff for me... I think he was just really young and has a bit of growing up to do. Like wine, he'll probably get better with age.
    Yeah -- like all that wine of his ;-) Actually, it did make me wonder why James was so hung up on the two young 'uns Wes and Franklin. Both seem like such puppies. Then again, they say you pick guys that make you feel good about yourself. It really can't hurt one's (nearing middle age) ego to be fawned over by the young and nubile.

FORT Regular
    Man, you folks just don't understand the plight of the curly-haired! I thought his hair looked fine, albeit a little messy when he wakes up. So is mine and every other naturally curly person....

Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    Man, you folks just don't understand the plight of the curly-haired! I thought his hair looked fine, albeit a little messy when he wakes up. So is mine and every other naturally curly person....
    As a fellow curly-haired I can sympathize. Actually, Franklin's hair was pretty sexy all messed up (better than Sean's I'd say). One downer, though, is that with Sean and Franklin out of the running, all the gay guys had remarkably similar "do"s (compare, esp, Matt, James and Wes).

FORT Regular
    TVGO: Now that you're "out" as a heterosexual, we've gotta ask: Do you have a girlfriend off-screen?

Any Thoughts?

FRANKLIN'S GAY !!! KEN

Quote Originally Posted by realKen

Any Thoughts?

FRANKLIN'S GAY !!! KEN
    Point well-taken, esp. after Sean's closing V.O about running back to his girlfriend. The funny part is that during his "I'm Sorry" speech I believe Frankin said that "every word" to James had been true "except for gender" (correct me if I heard wrong) -- well, what about that comming-out BS at the spa?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast