+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for BMB2

FORT Newbie

Idea for BMB2

I had a thought for a possible new twist if BRAVO or the producers want to come up with BMB2. I was wondering what the readers of this thread would think about this concept. I haven't really thought this completely through, but here goes:

Start with 16 people again, ALL of them GAY this time (no straight people), but the twist is: no one knows who the "bachelor" is.

In essence, the show would be a series of dates amongst the mates, and since no one knows who the real bachelor is, the tendency of the mates is just to find someone whom they would click with. They could only hope that the person they're clicking with is actually the bachelor.

I was thinking that in the beginning, all 16 participants would pick a paper from a bucket revealing their role: half would be "pickers," and half "pickees". The "pickers" will have a number on their papers, and they each will pick their dates according to the order of their papers.

At the end of the day, each participant will write down their top 3 favorites among all the mates. These choices will be secretly shown to the bachelor -- this way, the bachelor would know who is attracted to whom. He then will eliminate a pair of mates at the end of each day, until only 2 pairs are left (him included).

Did that make sense? I'm not sure I explained it very well. I think this twist is much better, and there is no "cruelty" involved.

What do you all think?

Love it!

We can speculate so much about whether the alpha dog phenomena will crop up? or if it will turn into a group hug? and will there be the person who get's left out like on Valentine's Day... so much potential for FORT intrigue!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by josh0926
    ...At the end of the day, each participant will write down their top 3 favorites among all the mates. These choices will be secretly shown to the bachelor -- this way, the bachelor would know who is attracted to whom. He then will eliminate a pair of mates at the end of each day, until only 2 pairs are left (him included)....What do you all think?
    josh, that's actually a really fun idea. Does the Bachelor have any criteria with which to pick? Does he have to pick people who don't like him? Or can he pick according to his own faves? As time goes on, people would change their minds about who they like, right? so it's possible that someone who didn't pick the bachelor the first time around can be 'won over' by the bachelor if the bachelor really likes him....or....am I getting confused?

Very creative! Why not pitch it?

I had a thought for a possible new twist if BRAVO or the producers want to come up with BMB2. I was wondering what the readers of this thread would think about this concept. I haven't really thought this completely through, but here goes:

Start with 16 people again, ALL of them GAY this time (no straight people), but the twist is: no one knows who the "bachelor" is.

In essence, the show would be a series of dates amongst the mates, and since no one knows who the real bachelor is, the tendency of the mates is just to find someone whom they would click with. They could only hope that the person they're clicking with is actually the bachelor.

I was thinking that in the beginning, all 16 participants would pick a paper from a bucket revealing their role: half would be "pickers," and half "pickees". The "pickers" will have a number on their papers, and they each will pick their dates according to the order of their papers.

At the end of the day, each participant will write down their top 3 favorites among all the mates. These choices will be secretly shown to the bachelor -- this way, the bachelor would know who is attracted to whom. He then will eliminate a pair of mates at the end of each day, until only 2 pairs are left (him included).

Did that make sense? I'm not sure I explained it very well. I think this twist is much better, and there is no "cruelty" involved.

What do you all think?

the show would be a series of dates amongst the mates, and since no one knows who the real bachelor is, the tendency of the mates is just to find someone whom they would click with. They could only hope that the person they're clicking with is actually the bachelor.
    The bachelor's in the mix of suitors? If the bachelor is among the mix of suitors, isn't it possible he might get eliminated?

How would elimination ceremonies go? Will the producers manipulate the guys into trying not to eliminate the actual bachelor? And would the bachelor just give his choices to a spokesperson for him, and say who gets eliminated?

This is a great idea, BTW.
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 09-04-2003 at 11:09 PM.
    ... and for the last time, I'm not Matthew from BMB (the guy in my avatar).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    The bachelor's in the mix of suitors? If the bachelor is among the mix of suitors, isn't it possible he might get eliminated?

How would elimination ceremonies go? Will the producers manipulate the guys into trying not to eliminate the actual bachelor? And would the bachelor just give his choices to a spokesperson for him, and say who gets eliminated?

This is a great idea, BTW.
    from reading the pitch, I think the only person who does any elimination is the anonymous bachelor. He has the votes from each of the other pickers, to see who likes who, and can base his elimination on that. The others don't know who the bachelor is, so I guess the eliminated names would have to be read out by the host or something...?

Josh0926, you are so smart! I think that is a super idea.

FORT Newbie
    but the twist is: no one knows who the "bachelor" is.
    This begs the question: Would we, should we, know who the "bachelor" is?

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by holdenseven
    This begs the question: Would we, should we, know who the "bachelor" is?

Since they chose not to tell the audience who was straight or gay until they were eliminated, I think the audience should not know who the "bachelor" is.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    Since they chose not to tell the audience who was straight or gay until they were eliminated, I think the audience should not know who the "bachelor" is.

I think it might be too confusing for the viewer not to know who the lead character to be following was. We had ALL of the secrets from the beginning in BMB, except for who the str8 ones were. We just watched the twists unfold from the sidelines.

This sounds like a fantastic idea - especially if it had the kind of great group dynamic that BMB seemed to create.

I would definitely watch. Are you listening, Bravo????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast