+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy Meet Boy, 9/2/03: Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire

In all fairness, although I got pretty worked up over the twist, James
    getting the $25K was a nice consolation prize. That did make up some
    for the deviousness of the producers. . KEN
    [/QUOTE]

Actually, what does anyone know about the producers? I've heard some assume that they are all/mostly straight while others have asserted (suggested?) that there was a significant gay contingent amongst the the producers.

Someone (I can't recall where) said that the producers changed the tone by making it less "game show" like. Wonder if that was the rationale behind removing Dani from the last episode -- a good move in any regards.

Damn -- I miss this thing already. What the hell am I gonna do Tueday night! Maybe BMB2 is not a whole new show -- MAYBE they can bring back James, etc., for a go-round with an all gay cast. Maybe James and Wes could simply host (I'd nominate Brian and/or Robb for leading man/men).

Kermit, don't forget there are reruns and supposedly follow up interviews, so keep your eyes open and VCR set!

Hey, Lobeck, will you be doing any more writing on FORT this year?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit

Damn -- I miss this thing already. What the hell am I gonna do Tueday night!
    I know, I feel like I'm missing something....

I DID have a dream last night, however, where my friends and I were meeting up to go see a gay romantic comedy (one that was like starring big names, though I can't remember if it was Patrick Dempsey or Guy Pearce and Ed Norton, don't know why!). I was so sad when I woke up!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Kermit, don't forget there are reruns and supposedly follow up interviews, so keep your eyes open and VCR set!

No doubt the reruns and interviews will be watched and re-watched (scrutinized, deconstructed, etc.). But what I want is another STORY to follow, not just retrospective. Stories are alive and "reality stories" even more so. Do wonder if any BMB segments will be on the "Reality of Reality TV" shows Bravo(?) is hyping nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

Lobeck will be recapping and interviewing for American Idol 3 in January.

Until then, I don't think he's on the list for anything.

Thanks John.

FORT Regular
    Damn -- I miss this thing already. What the hell am I gonna do Tueday night! Maybe BMB2 is not a whole new show -- MAYBE they can bring back James, etc., for a go-round with an all gay cast. Maybe James and Wes could simply host (I'd nominate Brian and/or Robb for leading man/men).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I miss it, too. I actually tuned in for the finale of For Love or Money 2.
    I thought that was scripted, and it made me think BMB was scripted, too,
    'cause they were similar in appearance. I was also a little envious because
    the budget for 4LOM2 was so much bigger than BMB's. It's understandable,
    though. We are a small percentage of the population.

KEN

Quote Originally Posted by realKen
    Damn -- I miss this thing already. What the hell am I gonna do Tueday night! Maybe BMB2 is not a whole new show -- MAYBE they can bring back James, etc., for a go-round with an all gay cast. Maybe James and Wes could simply host (I'd nominate Brian and/or Robb for leading man/men).

Yeah, I miss it, too. I actually tuned in for the finale of For Love or Money 2.
    I thought that was scripted, and it made me think BMB was scripted, too,
    'cause they were similar in appearance. I was also a little envious because
    the budget for 4LOM2 was so much bigger than BMB's. It's understandable,
    though. We are a small percentage of the population.

KEN
    [/QUOTE]

Nah, I think they scimped because it was new (I'm guessing 4LOM2 is several generations out from its predecessors). Regardless, I bet they could have an exceptionally cool show with even less than was spent on BMB . .. ya don't need the horses, the "hands-on" dance coach or the balloon ride (ok, maybe a fire is a requirement). . . . but you could do much with dates at coffee houses and field trips to the park (ok, maybe some booze is a requirement too) .. . but you get the idea. I'm thinking BMB meets, $40 a day (food channel) meets independent film channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit
    .. . . . but you could do much with dates at coffee houses and field trips to the park (ok, maybe some booze is a requirement too) .. . but you get the idea. I'm thinking BMB meets, $40 a day (food channel) meets independent film channel.

I did like those trips though. Will some network please give homosexuals a dating show for them without any twists or lack of respect. I don't watch those other shows. I've seen the MTV dismissed and the competitors really lack basic respect and, IMO, morals.

Maybe Lolasdad might be interested in suggesting a test study for a gay dating show without straight people or gays in committed relationships thrown in. As much as I disagreed and didn't like that twist, I still like and continue to watch Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Lobeck will be recapping and interviewing for American Idol 3 in January.

Until then, I don't think he's on the list for anything.
    Um, I'll be providing a "shadow" for Survivor: Pearl Islands as well...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12