+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul is "straight"?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddick_Rulez
    Wow...Paul looks hot in that picture! Geez...and James picked Michael over Paul cuz he was ultimately a lil more attractive?? Me don't think so...hehe
    yup, he's adorable! but perhaps the frightened baby deer look on Paul's face may have given off strange vibes...

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddick_Rulez
    Wow...Paul looks hot in that picture! Geez...and James picked Michael over Paul cuz he was ultimately a lil more attractive?? Me don't think so...hehe
    No, James picked Michael over Paul b/c he had a better job and was able to support himself. If you'd remember episode 2 he could be seen in the pool shirtless (well no duh no one swims with their shirt on lol).

Foody: OMG LOL a frightened deer look. That made me let out a laugh.
    Last edited by Rab; 09-07-2003 at 01:59 AM.

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MT SAV
    Does anyone else wonder if Paul is telling the truth (or knows the truth) about his sexual orientation. I watched the final episode for the 2nd time and I noticed an excerpt of the exit interview with Paul.

Paul said, "I don't think anyone has any idea that I'm straight. I wouldn't believe it if any guy had never told me that he had never wondered if he was gay. But I would say that the thought has crossed my mind, and I have been pretty sure of myself then and there."

I'm gay, but I know many straight male friends who have NEVER wondered if he was gay. That fact that Paul was wondering makes me wonder if Paul has a reason to wonder. (You can quote me on that!)

I've met a few sexaully ambiguous men who have "decided" they are straight but I have reason to believe that their decision was motivated by social pressure, and not by sexual orientation. Frankly, I don't think anyone just "decides" their sexual orientation, unless they truly fall in that nebulous bi-sexual middle.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

I find it interesting that many people keep looking for hidden clues that would indicate that the straight Mates must be gay or bi underneath, even if they don't admit it to them selves. The undercurrent here seems to be the idea that a real straight man would not be willing or at the very least comfortable with being in physical situations with gay man, even though they aren't neccissaryly sexual in nature. I've know men who are very comfortable with who they are, know they don't want to go to bed with another man, but yet don't have any hangups about it. They don't think it is yucky, they just don't find it compelling. They're able to be physically affectionate with another man in a non-sexual way or perhaps might even be willing to experiment a bit with a close gay friend, but its more a curiosity thing then a compelling desire. I just think we are all to hung up on labels. Its like everyone has to be neatly put into one group or another. People are people. You know, you may love chocolate ice cream, but just because you tasted your friends vanilla ice cream doesn't mean you' d sworn off the chocolate for good.

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    If I know I'm bisexual, who else's business is it to judge that orientation as being invalid? When gays have disdain for bisexuals, it's exactly like straights looking down on gays. Almost worse, because gay people should know how it feels and try and extend tolerance.
    From my own experience, it seems that many lesbians think that bisexual women are either just playing around with being gay and when they get bored they will go back to their straight life so it risky to get involved with them or else they are never going to be monogomous with another women but will insist on having a male lover as well so they can be fufilled. I can understand that view point because the simple fact is that as long as it is more difficult to have a relationship with someone of the same sex then someone of the opposite sex, most bi-sexuals are going to tend to seek out a perment relationship with someone of the opposite sex because it just makes life easier.

This subject is a bit hard for me talk about, because of my life and the decisions I've made. In my heart I know that I'm bisexual, but for are pratical purposes it is meaningless and like most bisexuals, I'm invisible to society. I married 13 years ago to a man I adore and I'm totally monogomous and would never suggest that I should take up with a women as well any more then I would suggest I should get involved with another man. So unless my married state changes at some point, I'm for all intents and purposes just another straight women living the American Dream. Nobody in my present circle accept my husband knows. And its not like I have any reason to tell any one, and certainly won't fell comfortable doing so. But yet it is who I am, and how I see the world. I fundamentally don't get how someone could be disgusted or not interested in someone physically, just because of the sex of the body they wear.

[QUOTE=DFE]

This subject is a bit hard for me talk about, because of my life and the decisions I've made. In my heart I know that I'm bisexual, but for are pratical purposes it is meaningless and like most bisexuals, I'm invisible to society. QUOTE]

Not alone. Been married almost 14 years under similar circumstances. Married my wife at 22 when I had little dating experience and a big fear of being alone. In retrospect, my first sexual experiances were with my best friend and I'd had my fair share of crushes on straight and gay guys.. . . so, I suppose, BMB really has another audience, those with a compelling need to live vicariously.

FORT Regular
    DFE and Kermit, you're right on.

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Kermit]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFE

This subject is a bit hard for me talk about, because of my life and the decisions I've made. In my heart I know that I'm bisexual, but for are pratical purposes it is meaningless and like most bisexuals, I'm invisible to society. QUOTE]

Not alone. Been married almost 14 years under similar circumstances. Married my wife at 22 when I had little dating experience and a big fear of being alone. In retrospect, my first sexual experiances were with my best friend and I'd had my fair share of crushes on straight and gay guys.. . . so, I suppose, BMB really has another audience, those with a compelling need to live vicariously.

Thanks Kermit. I know it mustn't be easy being green

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123