+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy Meets Boy Final Thought

todd226

Boy Meets Boy Final Thought

Well i'ts over, what do you think the future holds for James and Wes?

Hopefully they will introduce another series of Boy Meets Boy soon. I know they will be doing update interviews with some of the mates in a couple weeks. Matt was one of the canidates for leading man... I wonder how different things would have been if he had been choosen?

Anyone have any e-mail addresses or what not for James or any of the other mates?

I'm not certain of their future. Wes seems to be too much to handle for James, IMO.

Girl Meets Girl should be next. I think I read that in an article somewhere.

I can't wait to read (or watch/hear) the follow-up interviews. It should be posted on the official Bravo site soon.

And it's true, Matt was considered (or originally interviewed) to be the leading man (I posted about it in his thread). Matt doesn't know if the other mates were considered, but at least he was... yet in the end James and Andra were picked. What if James was one of the 15 guys, and Matt was the leading guy? There'd be no Andra, and since Matt's the leading guy, Matt's best friend is 'Kim', so it'd be "Matt and Kim" instead of "James and Andra".

But Matt probably would have failed as a leading man and picked a straight guy, IMO, 'cause he admitted to liking Dan a lot.

As for email addresses, Dan's got one on his website, and the other guys that post in Matt's yahoo group have an email account.

todd226

Question about Matt

Does anyone have the web address to Matt's page on Yahoo???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    I'm not certain of their future. Wes seems to be too much to handle for James, IMO.

Girl Meets Girl should be next. I think I read that in an article somewhere.

I can't wait to read (or watch/hear) the follow-up interviews. It should be posted on the official Bravo site soon.

And it's true, Matt was considered (or originally interviewed) to be the leading man (I posted about it in his thread). Matt doesn't know if the other mates were considered, but at least he was... yet in the end James and Andra were picked. What if James was one of the 15 guys, and Matt was the leading guy? There'd be no Andra, and since Matt's the leading guy, Matt's best friend is 'Kim', so it'd be "Matt and Kim" instead of "James and Andra".

But Matt probably would have failed as a leading man and picked a straight guy, IMO, 'cause he admitted to liking Dan a lot.

As for email addresses, Dan's got one on his website, and the other guys that post in Matt's yahoo group have an email account.

todd226
    I'm wondering if anyone has Matt's web address for his page on yahoo.

Rab
    Todd, please check the Matthew thread. If it's his site it would've been a good guess to see if there's any info in the thread dedicated to him.

I'm thinking...James and Wes are gonna make it together for a good, long while. Judging from what we saw on the show, it's really unclear how much James and Wes learned about each other and all the little details that make a relationship work and vice versa. On the show, they did seem to click, and shared a lot of common opinions concerning relationships and other things as well. Wes may at times seem as if he's too much for James, but I think this relationship will last for a while.

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie
    what's the time delay here? i assume that taping has been over for a while, right? anyone know how long it's been?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sakana
    what's the time delay here? i assume that taping has been over for a while, right? anyone know how long it's been?
    The show was taped in May.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddick_Rulez
    I'm thinking...James and Wes are gonna make it together for a good, long while. Judging from what we saw on the show, it's really unclear how much James and Wes learned about each other and all the little details that make a relationship work and vice versa. On the show, they did seem to click, and shared a lot of common opinions concerning relationships and other things as well. Wes may at times seem as if he's too much for James, but I think this relationship will last for a while.
    The link below goes to so far the first article (in the Advocate) I've seen with Wes being interviewed (as well as James) -- two separate phone interviews:

http://www.advocate.com/html/stories...oymeetsboy.asp

Really funny bit of info Wes gave, about their other adventures on that last date they had together. They got pulled over by the police in their sweet little horse buggy?! And other craziness -- no wonder they (esp Wes) reacted to the flames fiasco with so much glee. It was just the cherry on top to a very FULL date. If you think about it, this was really a long full-conversation date -- the other two had 'activities' that would shut them up a little, or have third parties in the room (the balloon man, and the massage men). They had a little tension in the car, a little thoughtful talk on the cliff, a light banter session in the buggy, and sweet moments of candlelight (and flames) at dinner. Not to mention they had braved the mountain AND sung a duet AND had breakfast in bed AND caroused by the pool?!?!?

It just goes to show, when these two get together, stuff happens.... and I'm glad James found value in that... He tends to be very careful and selective, and sometimes says 'no' in his mind to things that may not necessarily be bad for him. I'm glad in the end, he liked the zaniness and went with Wes as the choice....

FORT Regular
    My final thoughts/ramblings:
    • James was much too boring.
    • The show was too constrained. As if someone was trying to kill the stereotype that gays are only interested in sex. Except they got carried away with the point and ended up beating a dead horse. Straight romance reality shows aren't this restrained, so why should gay one's be?
    • 5 shows and James doesn't kiss anyone until the very end. Yawn.
    • James didn't even attemp to hold hands on any of the dates. Hello???? This is a show about dating? Is this guy alive?
    • The reason that Franklin being straight was so obvious was because he kept thinking throughout the series: "This dude is so boring, even if I was gay he couldn't give me a rise." Franklin couldn't even get himself to act interested in James.
    • Both Mr. Boring and his friend Andra were overly serious. It seemed that they were looking for a cure for cancer rather than a boyfriend for James.
    • James was totally full of himself. Throughout the series, it seemed like he considered himself to be the prize for the other guys. I so much wanted Franklin to be one of the gay guys, because he was the most interesting, most intelligent guy on the show who didn't lower himself to kiss James' ass. James never gave any of the guys the same respect that he demanded of them. If they asked him 20 questions everyday, I'm sure he would have been offended.
    • Finally, you know something must be wrong when straight guys acting as gay guys are more interesting than the real gay guys. Even QAF has proven this.
    Last edited by Too Much Coffee; 09-06-2003 at 07:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast