+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter to the producers

FORT Newbie

Letter to the producers

In my letter to the BMB producers (and I hope all you write one too, I haven't met one gay person happy with the way this show was done), I will point out how we were denied the opportunity to hear the voices of the gay guys in the end. There was all this recap of the straight guys and why they participated, but the reaction of the gay guys like Robb, Mark and Jason were completely left out. How did they feel about being bumped for straight men? Did they figure any of the guys out themselves? What about Jason getting kicked out of the military and was this sacrifice worth it?

If they really wanted an examination of the S vs. G thing and not an exploitive, patronizing straight thing, then the gay people's voices should have been heard.

I also want to know what happened to Wes and James after, and Franklin. The NBC interview should have been on Wednesday morning after the final episode, not on the day of -to sell the show and draw more viewers.

Let's face it, these guys don't know how to do reality shows: They tipped their hand in a lot of ways, they had a lousy host who was missing most of the time (and totally gone in the last ep.), they did a lousy hour long revelation which was stretched out way too long in the last episode, and they left out so many details-like rules, and they edited out all the negative stuff they didn't want us to see like James & Aundra's complete reactions to the twist!

FORT Regular
    I am a gay man who is 100% fine with the show. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH IT WHATSOEVER. I do not think the producers or NBC/Bravo is evil. I don't hate Franklin or ANY of the other straight guys. I loved it, I thought it was fun, enjoyed it immensely, and thought it was very positive.

FORT Newbie
    Well Diva there's only so much you can do within 1 hour's time. I mean, I think some people are forgetting that the show was meant for entertainment purposes first and foremost. The whole gay getting along with straight thing was not the bigger picture. The straight guys were after the money, but instead they got a lesson in the end. I understand what you're saying because I partially felt the same way at first, but I hope we could just appreciate that we're on national tv at last. We want to encourage Bravo to do this again pretty soon!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Matson
    I am a gay man who is 100% fine with the show. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM WITH IT WHATSOEVER. I do not think the producers or NBC/Bravo is evil. I don't hate Franklin or ANY of the other straight guys. I loved it, I thought it was fun, enjoyed it immensely, and thought it was very positive.
    I have to agree with Matson. I'm a gay man who had no problem with the show. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed every minute of it.

FORT Newbie
    Hey, I'm one of those gay guys that enjoyed the show. But let's not fool ourselves, this is entertainment not reality. Shows like this are edited and crafted to create illusions. We see what the producers want us to see. Shows like these are all about contructed reality. Who knows what these guys are really like? Who knows what subtle and not so subtle directing went on to lead James to his choice. Still, as entertainment I found it enjoyable and I'm grateful to Bravo for its groundbreaking efforts.

Hey all you gay men! As a lesbian, I watched every episode....and I loved it. Even if I got frustrated when I didn't know the answers to all the questions.

It's TeeVee people........................ ........

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Hey all you gay men! As a lesbian, I watched every episode....and I loved it. Even if I got frustrated when I didn't know the answers to all the questions.

It's TeeVee people........................ ........
    That's right it IS TV but you'd be surprised how many gay men out there have gone off the deep end calling the show's producers EVIL, calling Franklin a sh*thead (no kidding) and saying how "wrong" and "cruel" the twist was. A writer actually called BMB a "gay bashing frozen in time". What utter B.S.

FORT Newbie
    That's right it IS TV but you'd be surprised how many gay men out there have gone off the deep end calling the show's producers EVIL, calling Franklin a sh*thead (no kidding) and saying how "wrong" and "cruel" the twist was. A writer actually called BMB a "gay bashing frozen in time". What utter B.S.
    Again, Matson, I totally agree!

FORT Regular
    You said it. I think it's ridiculous. You don't see people getting this wacky over For Love or Money, for instance. I think some people are overstating the attraction of the cash prize. I mean, I wouldn't turn down 25G, but for goodness sakes, it's 1M and 2M on FLOM, and nobody is getting 1/100th this upset about what Erin did to Rob.

I also think there is a widespread lack of understanding that Franklin couldn't bail out during the process. A lot of hate is being directed at him over the other straight men because he made it to the end. Some think he should have stepped out or something. He was under contract, folks! On the Yahoo BMB board, one person said "blame the producers" and another countered with "but the producers wouldn't have been able to do the show without the men." Well, that's spurious logic. The men wouldn't be going around posing as gay if the producers hadn't thought up the idea in the first place.

It is odd to me that everyone watched the show till the end THEN had a hissy fit!

Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    It is odd to me that everyone watched the show till the end THEN had a hissy fit!
    I had my hissy fit after episode 2 once I realized just how freakin' many straight guys were in the mix. Once I got over that, I felt better.

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast