+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Was this planned?

FORT Newbie

Was this planned?

While watching tonight's episode, I could not help but think part of this has been planned by the show's producers. This explains the "disclaimer" showing after every episode that "The producers have consulted with the leading man with regards to his choice, but he has made the final decision on his own." What does that MEAN?

I know they've editted the hell out of these episodes to tell the story that they want to. Would Bravo actually air this series if James picked the straight one? Would they risk alienating that many people? Not to mention the possibility of a lawsuit from James for breach of contract. Here's my thoughts...

I think the producers told James which of the final three was straight. That way they "consult" about his choice, but he "makes the final decision" on his own. He did make the final decision, but it was only between two people.... not three.

I just can't think that the big Network Executives would take the chance that James would pick the straight guy. Especially after all of the "rigging" people have commented on to ensure the last round had at least one straight guy. It seems too risky, and has the possibility to really upset too much of their audience if James were to pick the straight guy... Anyone agree?

FORT Newbie
    Well, next week Bravo is running a week-long series called "The Reality of Reality Shows" or something like that. Maybe the lies behind "Boy Meets Boy" will be exposed for the world to see!!
    Naaahhhh.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDemon
    While watching tonight's episode, I could not help but think part of this has been planned by the show's producers. This explains the "disclaimer" showing after every episode that "The producers have consulted with the leading man with regards to his choice, but he has made the final decision on his own." What does that MEAN?

I know they've editted the hell out of these episodes to tell the story that they want to. Would Bravo actually air this series if James picked the straight one? Would they risk alienating that many people? Not to mention the possibility of a lawsuit from James for breach of contract. Here's my thoughts...

I think the producers told James which of the final three was straight. That way they "consult" about his choice, but he "makes the final decision" on his own. He did make the final decision, but it was only between two people.... not three.

I just can't think that the big Network Executives would take the chance that James would pick the straight guy. Especially after all of the "rigging" people have commented on to ensure the last round had at least one straight guy. It seems too risky, and has the possibility to really upset too much of their audience if James were to pick the straight guy... Anyone agree?
    I disagree. Either way, Bravo would get want they set out for, ratings. Not all reality shows end "happily", so why would this one be any different. As far as James suing, I'm sure there's a clause in the contract that indemnifies the the shows producers.

+ Reply to Thread