+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Yes.

Wes totally captured James' attention ever since that whole 'rescue' in the rock climbing group date. It all started from there. I just knew they had the greatest connection out of all the mates, because of that group date.
    Hey you...we have the same user pic! Haha...I was trying to get another picture for my avatar, but it wouldn't work! It's the one picture of Matt on the Yahoo album with him sticking his tongue out, hehe...

Well anyways...it did seem as if Wes' part in helping James on the rock climbing date played a HUGE part in forming their connection, although at the time, I didn't find it to be such a big deal. But I know now that this is probably where there were the first few signs of a connection for the two of them, and it really took off when they had that one on one after the karaoke.

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie
    oh my god... everything turned out how i wanted it to be! SOO...SOOOO glad James picked Wes. they seem SO right for each other and they bonded so well with that romanatic dinner .. and the whole romantic theme with candles liten. i almost cried! best luck to the both of them!

oh man.. seeing Dan's face and body.. hear his voice once more.. just made me want him to come back lol

hope gay shows keep on comin, they're interesting lol... anybody gonna watch "couplings" on NBC ? i know i will

Well, you can just record the episodes and watch them over and over again so you don't forget about it.

This was a good show throughout the course of its air time, and I had fun watching it. I hope you did too, 'cause the discussions, etc. for this show will start to cease as weeks and weeks pass by, as it stays in the 'archives' section of FORT. The whole "Who's gay/straight??" conversations is what I'll miss most, hehe.

Unless they make another season off of BMB (like a Girl Meets Girl), we won't forget about the series entirely.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Matson
    It's okay, me too. Now we know how girls feel when they fall in love with guys or have boyfriends only to learn later that they are really gay.

It sucks.

P.S. I'm not really *depressed* just very disappointed

Good point Matson.

I'm depressed AND disappointed.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sunynaples
    Shut out by the gay guys and down graded to cooking staff are two diffrent ways of dealing with the straight guys

I think we can all agree that any guy willing to go on a show to convince a gay guy he could be gay, is pretty open minded. No homophobic man would subject himself to this. I truly think the producer's got the straight men with the idea that they were trying to break stereotypes. They also threw in a 25K bonus if they won, but again, no homophobic hetero man would do this show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    ant said: "indeed there is a ton, but i'm partail and quick - lol. i check matt's responses ie. matt_boy_meets_boy."

ah right, thanks ant. Wow, I was reading a Franklin thread over there, and some people are *really* angry at him. Some article someone quoted described the show as a "gay bashing." Woah.

It seems maybe it's not straight America who's not ready for this show, but gay America?
    GREAT POINT...though I'm gay and ready for it, and frankly, I didn't find it that offensive.

Reality shows featuring straight America have been bombarded with twists, however fair or unfair. Joe Millionaire was a prime example of blatant deception. I don't think it was any worse than this.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    I think we can all agree that any guy willing to go on a show to convince a gay guy he could be gay, is pretty open minded. No homophobic man would subject himself to this. I truly think the producer's got the straight men with the idea that they were trying to break stereotypes. They also threw in a 25K bonus if they won, but again, no homophobic hetero man would do this show.
    Yeah, i don't think any of the straight guys really thought they'd get picked at the end out of all the 15. It was only a week afterall, and the experience was probably something they felt was important enough. And once in it, they all had many moments of wanting to crawl out of their skin from the guilt of lying. If they weren't open minded already, this experience has probably made it even more so!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DNBursky
    Many things were missing in the last show. Instead of hearing how the straight housemates were affected by the show, why not show more actual footage of the interactions between the guys, especially when it was revealed that some of the housemates were straight.

I don't know when it was revealed to James and Andra that some of the housemates were straight. Did he assume that because one of the mates at the end was straight that others were also? Dani only said one of the housemates was straight, at that was at the end.

I would love to have seen the mates told, as well as more actual footage.

I also don't know at that point if Franklin was actually fully upset. He did go through the whole week and could have backed away at times. He probably comprehends it better now that he's seen the show on air. I wonder if James actually talks to Franklin.

David
    I would assume that the straight guys were contractually obligated to complete the show, or at the very least, not reveal the straight twist. If Franklin, or any of the "mates" had done so, the show wouldn't have worked.

FORT Fan
    I would assume that the straight guys were contractually obligated to complete the show, or at the very least, not reveal the straight twist. If Franklin, or any of the "mates" had done so, the show wouldn't have worked.
    yup. but also, like he said he was scared all day -- I think he grew more and more tense/scared as the week passed. by the time he really wanted to hit it and run, he was probably too paralyzed to say anything. Too many people he cared about getting hurt, too many things he would upset and jeopardize. It would have been selfish to tell James the last day (given that he didn't know that James knew already), since it would affect James's meeting with the person he chose. I think he was hoping that he wouldn't be picked and somehow crawl away without too much bloodshed.

On Hiatus
    I think we can all agree that any guy willing to go on a show to convince a gay guy he could be gay, is pretty open minded. No homophobic man would subject himself to this. I truly think the producer's got the straight men with the idea that they were trying to break stereotypes.
    Y'know, I hadn't watched this show at all until last night, so I was pretty lost as to concept and how the game went and all...but...

I have to say, I was impressed with most of the straight guys. I know some VERY open-minded straight men, many of whom are good friends with plenty of gay men, who would NEVER go on a show like this. It was heartening to see that, in a world where I got gay-bashed just for having a best friend who was gay, that there are sensitive men out there who don't give a damn about sexual preference.

I don't know how I'd have felt about the twist if I were a gay man playing the show. Betrayed, perhaps. But I hope they understand, in the end, that these men weren't there to make them look bad, or feel bad...

I dunno. It made me think about a lot of things from both sides of the fence (even though I'm a straight female-I like to think about "what if I was in this person's shoes" sorta things.) I realized some things about gay culture I hadn't thought about even though for a while I was as knowledgable as any gay man.

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the show all the way through, but I'm certainly glad I watched it last night. I'm still thinking about it and will probably continue to do so for a while.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

+ Reply to Thread