+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Franklin is Gay and Brian is Straight

FORT Regular

I think Franklin is Gay and Brian is Straight

I re-watched the first episode today. Fanklin said "I look at the women, I look at the men..." "No, am I really?" I think he's gay.

Brian said "I am most definitely..." I think the end of that sentence is "Straight". He was saying it with such a dead serious expression on his face.

When the mates were sitting around discussing who was the most masculine or feminine, they said Franklin was the most masculine and someone chimed in and said "No, I've seen him 'nelly out' around the pool." Well we haven't, and that's becuase the producers have chosen not to show us that, for good reason.

Sean left Franklin a note, saying "You'll be okay, have faith", I think at some point Franklin confided in Sean that he really likes James, and that is what Sean was referring to.

Franklin told James his mother didn't know he was there and I think Franklin is one of these guys the everyone just assumes and has always assumed was straight, but he's really gay and he chose this show as a way of publicly coming out.

These are just me feelings, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Matson; 09-01-2003 at 03:24 PM.

FORT Fan
    Interesting comments -thought that too and it made me confused based on what Ive thought re/: the elimination groupings... Theres a chance youre right although it would be a big shock given the way they groups the eliminations and what appears to be an attempt by producers to manipulate outcome and ensure that straight boy is left in final 3 ; otherwise they dont have a show based on their original concept... If you were right, it would be the same thing ABC did with THE BACHELOR (I didnt watch it but have heard and read enuf about it) where they edited in such a way where they didnt show Trista and Ryans chemistry but made it seem like it was obviously Charlie - then everyone was shocked when she didnt pick him even though almost everyone predicted it was 100 percent Charlie... Trista even said in interviews that it was all editing that made it look like Ryan wasnt in the running - yet you have to think she kept him around for so long and she wasnt getting 25 grand or a million...

So theres a chance that youre right but it would be a surprise... If it is as urprise then good because it w*ould break more stereotypes than they have so far... Maybe this show has been an eye opener for straight people but I havent been too s hocked about who's gay and who's straight.. Ive wanted them to show a feminine guy whos straight and a really masculine guy whos gay.. but I havent really been shocked by any of the revelations and the straight guys have all seemed to be trying too hard to fit in and act what they perceive to be gay....Theyve also been t he ones who tend to talk more about the show in terms of a 'competition' in their interviews...

Wes and Brian def seem the gay ones - They both work or have worked in gay organizations - and Brian even talked about having a crush on Dan - seems like too much 'acting' if he were the str8 guy

But I guess we'll find out Tues nite - until them it would seem to be Franklin as the str8 guy if nothing else because in the first elimination there was one group of 4 that has already been revealed to have had 3 straights ----- so it would only make sense that they would have grouped all 4 together so they ensure a straight guy to the end... Thats prob part of the reason also that it says producers consulted with James about elminations - they also may h ave consulted with him about the order he eliminated people to create more drama for the cameras without changing who he picked..

FORT Regular
    I think people have taken that elimination grouping theory that someone made up and have just run away with it. People are just buying it left and right. I'm not placing too much weight on it.

As for Brian working as a bartender at Here Lounge in L.A., remember, there are lots of staight men that work as shirtless bartenders in gay bars becuase they make good tips!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Matson
    I think people have taken that elimination grouping theory that someone made up and have just run away with it. People are just buying it left and right. I'm not placing too much weight on it.

As for Brian working as a bartender at Here Lounge in L.A., remember, there are lots of staight men that work as shirtless bartenders in gay bars becuase they make good tips!
    Not just a theory, it's a fact that the producers have been grouping the mates up in certain ways as to come to the end with one straight guy. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to 1. make James pick from 'groups' prechosen by the producers, and 2. consult him regarding his preferences prior to the selection. The question is, which theory was right?

The question that's still in the air is whether they had one 'put the straight men in one group every selection' theory, or they changed the way they grouped the gay/straight ratio at each selection time according to the gay/straight ratio AND closely listening to what James says his perferences are.

For me the thing I'll look forward to most is not who picks who or who turns out to be gay (well, ok, I'm pretty psyched about finding that out!), but also how they are all going to react to each other in light of the new info that'll be revealed. I hope it doesn't turn too ugly! They all do seem like really decent people, just forced into a situation where they had to be part of a game with deceit preprogrammed into it.

FORT Newbie
    I think Franklin is Gay. He has done more natutral gay things, not the Sterotype. He put his hand across the table so that it might be taken the other night. He held his had up to his mouth the other night when surprised. Bryan could be straight ,but I don't think so. He did say (when I came out of the closet, NO gay say when I came out of the close, It's when I came out. He has those gay eyes and smile. Wes is the one he will pick. If you remember the sceen where James was told about the str8 one, well remember his tone of his voice. The same tone of James voice you hear when he hands the guy (whom ever he pick at the last ) is the same. SO what I'm saying is he picks the striaght guy and its WES. I hope that no gay man really acts like that. I know I dont and none of my friends.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    Not just a theory, it's a fact
    It's a *theory* and not a fact, at this point, that that the producers purposely grouped two straight guys together (Sean and Franklin) to ensure that there would be one straight guy left in the final three.

FORT Fan
    It's a *theory* and not a fact, at this point, that that the producers purposely grouped two straight guys together (Sean and Franklin) to ensure that there would be one straight guy left in the final three.
    yes, it's one theory that they grouped two straight guys together. I read your post to mean that you didn't buy that the producers were messing about with the group combos at all.

There are a number of other selection-group theories floating around -- one which says that to avoid the obviousness of having one group always have only straight guys in it, they left one gay guy with the mostly straight group....thus pointing away from Franklin as the straight one.

I would hope that the producers would think us viewers as having enough common sense to be suspicious of an all-straight grouping, if that's what they did. Which makes me want to NOT believe in the all-straight group theory, like yourself.

FORT Newbie

Brian

Well if Brian is straight, give him my number!! He is hot!!

I re-watched the first episode today. Fanklin said "I look at the women, I look at the men..." "No, am I really?" I think he's gay.

Brian said "I am most definitely..." I think the end of that sentence is "Straight". He was saying it with such a dead serious expression on his face.

When the mates were sitting around discussing who was the most masculine or feminine, they said Franklin was the most masculine and someone chimed in and said "No, I've seen him 'nelly out' around the pool." Well we haven't, and that's becuase the producers have chosen not to show us that, for good reason.

Sean left Franklin a note, saying "You'll be okay, have faith", I think at some point Franklin confided in Sean that he really likes James, and that is what Sean was referring to.

Franklin told James his mother didn't know he was there and I think Franklin is one of these guys the everyone just assumes and has always assumed was straight, but he's really gay and he chose this show as a way of publicly coming out.

These are just me feelings, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    i thought that someone on the board knew brian and knew he was gay

Why would anyone want to come out on national TV?

-------

These are just me feelings, I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast