+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were James...who would you choose?

FORT Newbie

If you were James...who would you choose?

If the final three were all gay and I were James, I would choose Brian. Brian gives off that I'm out of my league with you vibe and seems sincere. On top of it all, he comes across as an all around nice guy and cute to boot. James mentioned that his last 3 relationships ended because of infidelity. James is looking for a longterm commitment and Brian seems ready for that. Initially, I was leaning towards Franklin, who is drop dead good looking, well spoken and cultured, until his one on one with James and his explaination for leaving his previous relationship. "I needed to be anyplace but there"...wanted to go to Alaska, but ended up in California. While age isn't everything in a relationship, I feel it would be a factor in a relationship with him. Franklin comes across as mature and stable, but at 23 he's got a lot of living to do before he settles down. He just doesn't seem ready to put down roots. Wes is a ton of fun, but I see him as filling a role similar to Andra. I just don't feel a romantic connection with what I've seen these past weeks. Wes and Franklin both have their strong points, but in a longterm relationship, I would choose Brian.

I can't wait to find out which one is straight. Personally, Franklin seems too good to be true, while Wes seems to be acting a part. I could be all wrong, just my opinion.

So, who would you choose and do you think Bravo might tag along on James' trip to New Zealand as a follow up to Boy Meets Boy?

FORT Fan
    I think after spending so little time with these guys for a week and a half and knowing that many of them would be playing to the camera, it wouldnt really make a difference because you dont really get to know people that much.... Plus I wouldnt sweat it because after the show was over Id be able to see if there were a connection with any of the guys I didnt pick - esp other than other dating shows, most of th ese guys all live in the same couple of cities in CA

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    It's a hard call, because if I was picking for James, none of these guys would have been in the final round. I like Franklin the best, but it seems likely that he is the straight one, plus I think he is a bit young for James. Brian seems kind of vacant most of the time and straight or gay, I don't think he is very interested in James. Wes is a bit much and probably has an agenda beyond James, but if he gay, I'm not sure that his agenda actually precludes romance with James. It's probably just a nice bonus to him. I am fairly certain that Wes is gay because when those candles went off and they jumped backed in fear, his physical response was totally in character. Unless is calculating enought to realise it was coming and planning for it, I think his response was genuine and proved that his mannerism were natural and not effected. I would think Wes would be his best choice. It won't be long term relationship but they will probably have great fun on the trip.

FORT Newbie
    It seemed that James was thinking too much in terms of a long-term relationship, which he shouldn't have expected to judge in such a short time. If I could have whispered in James's ear, I would have told him:

Keep your eyes on the prize. Visualize the trip to New Zealand, and imagine spending a lot of time with this person, on tour buses, waiting in lines, seeing different places (think Lord of the Rings scenery). Who do you think you could spend that much time with, without driving each other crazy? Who do you best imagine returning to the hotel room with after a touristy day and having those quiet (and not so quiet) moments together? Now imagine that the tour director tells you, "Sorry, there was a mixup, you and your date will have to take the two-hour ride to the next stop in separate buses." For which date do you think that a forced separation would really be the most disappointing?

It's a lot easier to focus on the concrete than the abstract. Oh, and for me? Well, if I were 20 years younger, my pick would be Wes (who would probably find me a little dull). I think if James went by this criterion, he would pick Brian, whom he has described as fun to be with.

I think he probably *will* pick Wes, but I think that's mostly because he thought Franklin was the straight guy. But I think long-term, Franklin would be a better choice for him (presuming, naturally, that I'm correct in thinking Brian is the straight guy). I think in the long-term, Wes is a little too outgoing for James and that Franklin would have been a better fit in that regard.

But I guess we'll see.

FORT Regular
    Franklin.

FORT Newbie
    I agree about all 3 of the guys. But I think Brian is just shy and more feminine than some of the other guys, like Franklin for example. I think he probably was the guy in high school who had a lot of girl friends and got picked on by guys. But if you notice in the limo with the group and many other times, he makes jokes and has a great sense of humor!! I would pick him!!

Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    It's a hard call, because if I was picking for James, none of these guys would have been in the final round. I like Franklin the best, but it seems likely that he is the straight one, plus I think he is a bit young for James. Brian seems kind of vacant most of the time and straight or gay, I don't think he is very interested in James. Wes is a bit much and probably has an agenda beyond James, but if he gay, I'm not sure that his agenda actually precludes romance with James. It's probably just a nice bonus to him. I am fairly certain that Wes is gay because when those candles went off and they jumped backed in fear, his physical response was totally in character. Unless is calculating enought to realise it was coming and planning for it, I think his response was genuine and proved that his mannerism were natural and not effected. I would think Wes would be his best choice. It won't be long term relationship but they will probably have great fun on the trip.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    none of em id turn dan gay!

Ste
    FORT Newbie
    I would pick Wes for James. I think Brian is a bit too quiet, and Franklin is straight (I think). Wes is very different from James and they could give a lot to one another. I think James could give Wes stability and security (which I think he needs) and I think Wes could get James to stop playing so safe and open up some. I think James needs some of the corners rounded off his "square" personality, and Wes is just the one to do it!

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste
    I would pick Wes for James. I think Brian is a bit too quiet, and Franklin is straight (I think). Wes is very different from James and they could give a lot to one another. I think James could give Wes stability and security (which I think he needs) and I think Wes could get James to stop playing so safe and open up some. I think James needs some of the corners rounded off his "square" personality, and Wes is just the one to do it!

My feelings exactly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast