+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something Suspicious

DFE
    FORT Newbie

Something Suspicious

As I read through the posts and follow all of the various arguments, I am forced to draw one single conclusion. It is easy to be suspicious. Each of the three remaining Mates has done or said things that other people feel is conclusive proof that they are either gay or straight. What is truly interesting is that two of these guys are gay and so the conclusions people are drawing from their observations are wrong. In the end this show may be more about human nature's ability to manufacture suspicious behavior out of thin air then the reliability of anyone's "Gaydar". A lesson to keep in mind in these times of increasing encroachments on everyone’s civil liberties. Personally, I would find it delicious if at the end a final twist was revealed and all three were actually Gay. I don't hold out much hope for that end, but it certainly would have spoke volumes.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    ...What is truly interesting is that two of these guys are gay and so the conclusions people are drawing from their observations are wrong. In the end this show may be more about human nature's ability to manufacture suspicious behavior out of thin air then the reliability of anyone's "Gaydar". A lesson to keep in mind in these times of increasing encroachments on everyone’s civil liberties. Personally, I would find it delicious if at the end a final twist was revealed and all three were actually Gay. I don't hold out much hope for that end, but it certainly would have spoke volumes.
    yes exactly. Which is why i'm enjoying watching this show so much, despite the obvious cruelty to James. From the beginning, we know, and we are guessing left and right. It's mostly this game to us, the viewers, which is so intriguing. The fact that so many brilliant and crazy theories can come out of one simple dating show...!

The way the mind works is amazing this way. You can go along, comfortable and satisfied in things and the people around you. Then, one thing happens, one clue, one rumour, and suddenly, everything can be seen through the lens of suspicion. It reminds me of the stories we see on some of the news shows (like Dateline), where they chronicle a story of an FBI man who was fingered as a spy -- he takes a polygraph, and passes without problems. The irony is that then it turns out that the FBI is doubly suspicious of him/her for actually passing the polygraph!

Your 'delicious' twist on the twist idea is definitely one that's entered my mind. Bravo is going to do a 'reality tv' documentary about the behind-the-scenes stuff of reality shows (contestants saying 'it was a set-up', 'i was famous for 4 minutes'). It would be interesting to see if Bravo has the guts to do something like that -- kind of a play a joke on the reality tv viewership now that it's such a phenomenon and so popular.

FORT Fan
    Youll be able to enjoy more of these twists when FOx premieres its new show where a woman goes out with several guys and needs to figure out which are straight and gay...

Whats next? Figure out which is a natural woman or was made that way by surgeons? Hello Fox? UPN? FX? COMEDY CENTRAL?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    Youll be able to enjoy more of these twists when FOx premieres its new show where a woman goes out with several guys and needs to figure out which are straight and gay...

Whats next? Figure out which is a natural woman or was made that way by surgeons? Hello Fox? UPN? FX? COMEDY CENTRAL?

This is the first reality show (let alone date show) I've seen. If anyone has seen the precursors to BMB (maybe Joe MIllionare, the Bachelorette (Bachelor?), etc.) how does this compare. I had assumed that other than the straight-gay twist (particularly in hiding it from James 'till the near end) this show would be relatively tame and straightforward. Whaddya think?

+ Reply to Thread