+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finalists on the Today Show

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Christopher Lowell is married? To a woman?

Yes. Can you believe that! I asked my parents, who are staunch Christians, the exact same question. What's crazy is they're the ones who told me.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    In the spirit of the show, I think it's been a helluva lot more fun to watch the show without trying to 'cheat' too much (though I've been tempted). They're real people, and word gets out, but a big portion of the fun is making your own guesses from the way the people behave and what they say/don't say. Like Poot says. By not cheating, you do yourself the biggest favor, b/c then you have to really challenge yourself to not fall into stereotypes and really look at each person individually -- whether you're gay or straight watching this.
    Let's face it, without the "twist", this message board would be pretty friggin' boring?

What would we chat about? Franklin's beautiful blues? Brian's receding hairline? Wes's verbal diahrea?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    That is simply frightening. That poor child!!!

No one, gay or straight, wants to claim Christopher Lowell as a member.

LMAO! smatt is crazy.

FORT Fan
    Let's face it, without the "twist", this message board would be pretty friggin' boring?

What would we chat about? Franklin's beautiful blues? Brian's receding hairline? Wes's verbal diahrea?
    as much as I hate to buy into the obviously producer-plotted viewer-enticing twist, I probably wouldn't have as much personal reaction to the show (aside from who's good looking and who I wouldn't kick out of bed!) without it. Now, there are tangents upon tangents to discuss. And when the show ends, it'll be interesting to see how we all fare...

Though there are enough fanatics out here that we COULD probably fill a forum with talk of baby blues and so on... !

ant
    FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    as much as I hate to buy into the obviously producer-plotted viewer-enticing twist, I probably wouldn't have as much personal reaction to the show (aside from who's good looking and who I wouldn't kick out of bed!) without it. Now, there are tangents upon tangents to discuss. And when the show ends, it'll be interesting to see how we all fare...

Though there are enough fanatics out here that we COULD probably fill a forum with talk of baby blues and so on... !
    fare snare i say. i just hope it's not too dramatic 2nite. everybody's anticipating the unknown (t'was on the plane, the radio, tv and howard stern himself--well robin anyways)
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    fare snare i say. i just hope it's not too dramatic 2nite. everybody's anticipating the unknown (t'was on the plane, the radio, tv and howard stern himself--well robin anyways)
    these guys are all so easy-going or smooth, that I'd be surprised if it got too dramatic ... probably not dramatic enough for the producers, that they won't do a little magical editing to keep the tension high for us.

I guess it was the "little show that could" -- I didn't really realize how much press coverage it's gotten...

I cant!!! ROFL, thanks for the mid-afternoon pick-me-up!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot
    LMAO! smatt is crazy.
    >

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by janos50
    All the people who are convinced Brian is straight should provide resonable explanations for the following facts.

The Newsweek article previewing Boy Meets Boy states that "one of the gay mates fell for a straight mate causing the straight mate to go to the producers and tell them he couldn't take it anymore. And the gay mate was devestated when he found out the truth.

Anthony
    Sounds a bit melodramatic to me. I can't imagine that the straight guys didn't realize that since they were pretending to be gay that some of the other guys might show interest in them. If one of the Mates was being bothered by one of the other Mates, I won't think they would have to actually "break his cover" to interceed. Unwanted attention can be just as offensive to gay guy. Plus, Dan hardly seems like someone who would be easily bothered, considering his antics during the Line Dancing lesson with the instuctor which were so over the edge that James expressed disgust at his behavior, not to mention his shower show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    Sounds a bit melodramatic to me. I can't imagine that the straight guys didn't realize that since they were pretending to be gay that some of the other guys might show interest in them. If one of the Mates was being bothered by one of the other Mates, I won't think they would have to actually "break his cover" to interceed. Unwanted attention can be just as offensive to gay guy. Plus, Dan hardly seems like someone who would be easily bothered, considering his antics during the Line Dancing lesson with the instuctor which were so over the edge that James expressed disgust at his behavior, not to mention his shower show.
    According to the article, he didn't complain about the attention, he went to the producers because, since he couldn't tell him the truth, he felt bad about leading the guy on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast