+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finalists on the Today Show

FORT Newbie
    Based on the Today show interview, I'm going with Franklin as the straight guy. He was very quiet - not chiming in about the progress gays are making in society. Wes was his usual "on" self and even Brian was more chatty than Franklin.

And by the way, the makeup artist really went overboard. The guys looked like painted dolls!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    but that was pretty much it. He looked REAL good. This boy is almost too goodlooking! it hurts...my......eyes......!!! I wouldn't be surprised if someone asked him to model for something.
    I SO know what you mean! And I was just thinking the same exact thing about him being a model.

lol @ decotodd

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot
    I SO know what you mean! And I was just thinking the same exact thing about him being a model.

lol @ decotodd

Let's all just agree. FRANKLIN IS HOT!

Then other guys are good looking, but can't compete in the looks dept.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    Let's all just agree. FRANKLIN IS HOT!

Then other guys are good looking, but can't compete in the looks dept.
    and he's not even my type.... i can understand why James has hung onto him til the almost end.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by decotodd
    Based on the Today show interview, I'm going with Franklin as the straight guy. He was very quiet - not chiming in about the progress gays are making in society. Wes was his usual "on" self and even Brian was more chatty than Franklin.

And by the way, the makeup artist really went overboard. The guys looked like painted dolls!
    I read it the complete opposite way. I thought Brian seemed as uncomfortable as ever. His only statement about giving "gay culture a voice" seemed very Sean-gay revolution-like.

Wes simply irritates me more an more. I don't think there has ever been a man in the history of the planet who likes the sound of his own voice more. Someone slap him NOW!!!

And that sweet, comforting, rub of Brian's leg by Franklin...would a gay guy do that??? FRANKLIN is GAY.

FORT Newbie
    From viewing the segment, I'd have to guess that the straight guy is Brian. There's a couple of reasons for this...

1. Wes just seems too gay...holy waxed eyebrows. (stereotype...yes, so get over it)

2. When all of them stood up, joking about who was straight, they all sat down, and Franklin rubbed Brian's thigh, comforting him. It's pure body language, but it seemed to say, "It's okay. Hang in there." (Yes this is reading into things, but it just seemed to say something.)

For the record, I was picking Wes as the straight one up until that moment.
    Could it have been a congratulatory thigh rub. Kind of a way of saying "good job"?

FORT Newbie

BMB Today Show Segment

There's been much said on other sites about the lack of verbage from Franklin. His lack of enthusiasm for promotion, etc. Excuse me, did I miss something? Didn't we all see a very short, clean, concise interview for promotional use? That pretty much tried to convey nothing except viewer promotionals? What could we possibly get from that, that we didn't get from yesterday's marathon? I've also tried dilligently to ascertain the str8 guy, but that's because I'm sooooo cheerleading for Franklin. He's getting a bad blast for his lack of "femanisms". Please!!! Please!!! What century am I living in?
    Anyway, this is a great site, plus I haven't watched a reality show for a year or more and this one has captured my attention, greatly. And I can't even say why. I think because it wasn't what I thought Bravo would show. I like the fun everyone is seemingly having on the show. Wes is a cute puppy, but probably the str8 guy, he's really selling and trying to "close the deal". I'm just such a Franklin fan. Robb, James and Franklin were the "visions" that peaked my interest in watching the show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    Could it have been a congratulatory thigh rub. Kind of a way of saying "good job"?
    I don't think so. The lleg rub happened right after all the guys stood up, joking they were ALL straight. When they sat back down, Franklin looked to Brian, then rubbed his inner thigh. It seemed like a "it's going to be alright" kind of thing.

From viewing the segment, I'd have to guess that the straight guy is Brian. There's a couple of reasons for this...

2. When all of them stood up, joking about who was straight, they all sat down, and Franklin rubbed Brian's thigh, comforting him. It's pure body language, but it seemed to say, "It's okay. Hang in there." (Yes this is reading into things, but it just seemed to say something.
    I agree, I think Brian is the straight one.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mscnny
    There's been much said on other sites about the lack of verbage from Franklin. His lack of enthusiasm for promotion, etc. Excuse me, did I miss something? Didn't we all see a very short, clean, concise interview for promotional use? That pretty much tried to convey nothing except viewer promotionals? What could we possibly get from that, that we didn't get from yesterday's marathon? I've also tried dilligently to ascertain the str8 guy, but that's because I'm sooooo cheerleading for Franklin. He's getting a bad blast for his lack of "femanisms". Please!!! Please!!! What century am I living in?
    Anyway, this is a great site, plus I haven't watched a reality show for a year or more and this one has captured my attention, greatly. And I can't even say why. I think because it wasn't what I thought Bravo would show. I like the fun everyone is seemingly having on the show. Wes is a cute puppy, but probably the str8 guy, he's really selling and trying to "close the deal". I'm just such a Franklin fan. Robb, James and Franklin were the "visions" that peaked my interest in watching the show.
    You are so right. Franklin has been selected at the hetero by most people due to his masculinity. Considering most of us here on this site are gay, why are we falling prey to such stereotypes?

Think of people out there like actor/comedian Eddie Izzard. He's living in heteroville. And he's a cross-dresser. Would anyone have selected him, or someone like him, as the straight one had he been on this show???

Stereotypes, which derive from generalizations, don't represent an entire group of people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast