+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun Speculations & hidden hints.

FORT Newbie
    I understand from sources that Wes used to work at the Gay and Lesbian Center in San Diego and Brian works as a bartender at Here (an establishment in the heart of BoysTown, West Hollywood) and anyway, they’re big G I R L S!

[QUOTE=richard]More speculations: All of the cast members that have posted here and on the Yahoo forum that we know the sexual orientation have been gay, excluding Andra: Robb, Matt and Darren. Wes has posted here and Brian has posted on the Yahoo site. But none of the straight contestants have posted publically. This adds more to the theory that Franklin is the straight one.

Yep, that makes sense. If Franklin is in fact the straight one (and I'm betting he is) then I bet he's gone into hiding and practically wants to forget the whole experience altogether.

FORT Fan
    B-I-N-G-0

That plus the so called 'groupings' should solve the riddle for you - Take the odds to Vegas and make some moolah

Quote Originally Posted by cruzforgov
    I understand from sources that Wes used to work at the Gay and Lesbian Center in San Diego and Brian works as a bartender at Here (an establishment in the heart of BoysTown, West Hollywood) and anyway, they’re big G I R L S!

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    My observations of the final three. First of all, I am not a psychologist, I'm an accountant. (one of my sons-in-law is the psychologist major) My thoughts come from 60 years of watching and observing people.

Franklin: A spoiled prima donna who pouts if the spotlight is on someone else. In episode 4: 1) When the mates come in the door of James and Andra's house, the look on Franklin's face when James and Wes are hugging. 2)When Robb makes his remark about "I,m great, aren't I?" the glare Franklin give him. 3)As several people have noted, the look on Franklin's face over the kiss between James and Darren.

Brian: If the personality shown on the show is anything like the way he acts at the bar, it's a wonder that he gets any tips. He is a quiet watcher. He waits to see what is going to happen.

Wes: (Don't think I'm calling Wes a dog, I think he is adorable!). He reminds me of a cute little puppy who runs up to you, not only wagging his tail but wriggling all over. Saying, "Please, please, please, pet me and play with me and we'll have a lot of fun together. Oh, you don't want to run and play right now? OK, I'll just lie here and adore you with my big brown eyes until you're ready to play."

Last edited by alixtheweaver; 09-01-2003 at 12:36 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Ya gotta wonder what kind of women are going to date the straight 'mate' after this airs. The phrase, "How can I trust anything you tell me?" is one that he is going to be hearing for a while.

FORT Newbie

Let's Give Franklin a Break

Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    My observations of the final three. First of all, I am not a psychologist, I'm an accountant. (one of my sons-in-law is the psychologist major) My thoughts come from 60 years of watching and observing people.

Franklin: A spoiled prima donna who pouts if the spotlight is on someone else. In episode 4: 1) When the mates come in the door of James and Andra's house, the look on Franklin's face when James and Wes are hugging. 2)When Robb makes his remark about "I,m great, aren't I?" the glare Franklin give him. 3)As several people have noted, the look on Franklin's face over the kiss between James and Darren.

Brian: If the personality shown on the show is anything like the way he acts at the bar, it's a wonder that he gets any tips. He is a quiet watcher. He waits to see what is going to happen.

Wes: (Don't think I'm calling Wes a dog, I think he is adorable!). He reminds me of a cute little puppy who runs up to you, not only wagging his tail but wriggling all over. Saying, "Please, please, please, pet me and play with me and we'll have a lot of fun together. Oh, you don't want to run and play right now? OK, I'll just lie here and adore you with my big brown eyes until you're ready to play."

There seems to be a trend here to write Franklin off, but that may be too obvious. Of course, it's all highly subjective personal opinion, but my partner and I think that Milwaukee's contribution is one helluva package. Hell, I wish I could have found one around like that when I was 23. As people like to say "he's drop-dead gorgeous". And, if he acts like he knows it, more power to him.

He certainly comes across as one of the brightest of the whole troup, and actually is pursuing a rather specialized trade. Well-educated, and well-bred, as someone has allowed elsewhere on this site.

So he gave Robb a dirty look during the dinnertime conversation. Hey, if I had been Franklin I'd have probably given him some dirty words to go along with the look. That remark was pretty darned tacky.

I also recall Andra making a remark that "he sure wears his heart on his sleeve". Huh? Did I miss something? I don't see where she's coming from based upon what we'd been shown up to that point.

So, it will be real interesting tomorrow evening if the obvious does not turn out to be the truth. As someone else has noted, isn't this show supposed to be about shattering stereotypes? If James rejects Franklin because he thinks he's straight (and, he probably will), then guess who's buying into the stereotypes?

Of course, it could all be a good act. So? Maybe he (Franklin) should pursue the dramatic arts rather than oenephlia.

Just an opinion.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    2)When Robb makes his remark about "I,m great, aren't I?" the glare Franklin give him.
    You need to rewind your tape and view that scene again. That was the magic of editing. That "look" was not directed at Robb at all. Franklins lips are moving, he's talking, but they muted the sound. It was just edited to make it LOOK like that was a look Franklin was giving Robb in response to what Robb said, but that is not what happened.

You're being manipulated.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Matson
    You need to rewind your tape and view that scene again. That was the magic of editing. That "look" was not directed at Robb at all. Franklins lips are moving, he's talking, but they muted the sound. It was just edited to make it LOOK like that was a look Franklin was giving Robb in response to what Robb said, but that is not what happened.

You're being manipulated.
    Yes, I agree there's a lot of editing magic going on here. Sometimes you'll see the same scene edited and chopped up for one of the promos, and they make the scene seem more dramatic than it actually is, b/c when you see the full scene, you see that they cut out the middle part. Same goes for the Wes/James hugging scene where they made it look like Frankling was 'glaring' at them too, which I don't think he was.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Speaking of editing. In episode 5, during and after the date with Wes, James was wearing 3 different shirts in the interviews. The interviews do not coincide with the timing of the dates at all. Who knows when they were taped and in what context.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12