+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: OK then-- give your batting avg &final pix

  1. #1
    FORT Newbie Oh! Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    37

    OK then-- give your batting avg &final pix

    i have pegged all but 3 to date; 2.5 or 2 to be more accurate, IMO

    i missed Dan, Matthew & Michael-- however, i missed part of that episode when deciding at the end and think i would have guessed Matt right had i seen his little tramride which is part that i had missed

    i think michael is at least bi (more gay-bi, if you ask me), so that oughta count for a .5 as well

    (so that's how i justify 2; but 3 is still not a bad average out of the 12 eliminees)

    i've no doubt that brian is gay and i definitely lean toward the argument that franklin is straight but i am intrigued enough by all the Wes arguments... i'll just say that no straight guy wants his hair looking as ridiculous as Wes and say he's gay and frankie's "straight" but i think we'll see franklin come toodling out of the closet soon enough
    can you help me OUT?

  2. #2
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    i have pegged all but 3 to date; 2.5 or 2 to be more accurate, IMO

    i missed Dan, Matthew & Michael-- however, i missed part of that episode when deciding at the end and think i would have guessed Matt right had i seen his little tramride which is part that i had missed

    i think michael is at least bi (more gay-bi, if you ask me), so that oughta count for a .5 as well

    (so that's how i justify 2; but 3 is still not a bad average out of the 12 eliminees)

    i've no doubt that brian is gay and i definitely lean toward the argument that franklin is straight but i am intrigued enough by all the Wes arguments... i'll just say that no straight guy wants his hair looking as ridiculous as Wes and say he's gay and frankie's "straight" but i think we'll see franklin come toodling out of the closet soon enough
    MY FINAL PICKS
    Wes is straight
    Franklin and Brian are gay
    *See my breakdown, and reasons for in SPOILERS thread*

  3. #3
    FORT Newbie Oh! Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    37
    smatty, your episode 2 grouping is one of the main reasons for my doubts... i hope you are right 'cuz i'm just not too fond of ol' wesley and won't mind villifying him in the end....
    can you help me OUT?

  4. #4
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    smatty, your episode 2 grouping is one of the main reasons for my doubts... i hope you are right 'cuz i'm just not too fond of ol' wesley and won't mind villifying him in the end....
    why is there no love for my boy wes? (he better be gay - dammit) villify is such a strong word. so what if he's a little cocky or 'on' as some have put it. he's confident because he knows he's all that - you go wes. my only issue is my crooked gaydar and if he turns out str8 then we'll villify him together...
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

  5. #5
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    why is there no love for my boy wes? (he better be gay - dammit) villify is such a strong word. so what if he's a little cocky or 'on' as some have put it. he's confident because he knows he's all that - you go wes. my only issue is my crooked gaydar and if he turns out str8 then we'll villify him together...
    I actually like Wes -- he's sort of that guy who could walk into a party full of strangers and have some fun conversations, meet your parents and make a good impression, etc. It's funny that people have a strong reaction against him b/c this country really rewards people like him -- they like people who are socially flexible, confident, open, and ambitious. I don't think he's evil because he's able to function well. But it would say something about people in general if he was the straight guy -- and James picks him: that charmers are charmers, and we fall for the whole shebang when we meet one, regardless of what our sexual orientation is. It's easy to see him as this 'on' guy when we watch it all edited on screen and judge him for it, but I think if we actually met him in person just randomly through friends, we'd be just as taken.

    But he's not just 'on'... I have the impression that he's actually quite sensitive (which also makes him so good at working people) and tuned in. He spends all day spending so much energy on people, that it might open him up to a lot of hurt and disappointment as well.

    If he is straight, though, I think it would really upset him when he's confronted by James and the whole thing gets out. You go into it thinking it's just a game, I get to win money. But then you get to know people and there's a lot of good in the bonds that people make with each other (esp at the house). It ain't gonna be pretty!

  6. #6
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,330
    I've gotten all of them but Jim right so far. Now, some of them didn't get enough airtime to give me a read until the episode they left on, but that's my average.

    And I'm still with Franklin as the ringer.

    If Wes is the ringer, they owe him a lot more than $25K because acting that good for scale is way more!

    -- Joe

  7. #7
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    i have pegged all but 3 to date; 2.5 or 2 to be more accurate, IMO

    i missed Dan, Matthew & Michael-- however, i missed part of that episode when deciding at the end and think i would have guessed Matt right had i seen his little tramride which is part that i had missed

    i think michael is at least bi (more gay-bi, if you ask me), so that oughta count for a .5 as well

    (so that's how i justify 2; but 3 is still not a bad average out of the 12 eliminees)

    i've no doubt that brian is gay and i definitely lean toward the argument that franklin is straight but i am intrigued enough by all the Wes arguments... i'll just say that no straight guy wants his hair looking as ridiculous as Wes and say he's gay and frankie's "straight" but i think we'll see franklin come toodling out of the closet soon enough
    I actually have done pretty well, suprisingly, since in real life I'm not that good. I thought Marc would be straight, but I got Michael, Jim, Dan, and Sean. I missed BrianA and Paul -- I thought they were gay.

    I'm going to guess that James gives the champagne to Wes, and picks Franklin as straight.

    The real straight guy is probably Brian, though I've been looking at the whole breakdown of the strategizing process of the selection groups, and that has almost changed my mind to think the straight guy is Wes, but it's not my gut reaction, mostly just a logic/numbers conclusion. So I'll stick with Brian.
    Last edited by foody; 08-28-2003 at 06:40 PM.

  8. #8
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13

    my flawless gaydar

    I've been 12 for 12. Marc had me very confused, I didn't know which way to go with him so I (literally) tossed a coin.
    My final answer is Franklin is the breeder.
    James will pick Wes.
    James will realize Wes is an imp sent up from Hell (or San Diego) to torture all gay men.
    James will dump Wes.
    Brian will meet a gorgeous, rich, available guy and live happily ever after.
    Franklin will do some soul searching and decide he likes weiner after all.
    I will be walking down the street in WeHo.
    I will bump into James.
    James will fall madly in love with me, we will set up house, adopt a Chinese orphan girl, James will insist on naming her Andra, which I will allow because James is so sweet.
    I will start to get bored.
    I will bump into Franklin, we will have a torrid affair.
    James will dump me for breaking his heart.
    James and Franklin will finally get together, both wiser for having known me, and raise baby Andra.

    The end.

  9. #9
    FORT Fanatic ilean4clay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    627
    Only 2 missed. I was wrong about Jim & Darren.

    I hope he picks Wes. I think Franklin is straight.

  10. #10
    FORT Newbie Jarod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7
    Brian-Gay (His eyes say it all, sincere and real)

    Wes-Straight (The crying when reading the letters gave him away, way over-board for the situation.)

    Franklin-Gay (Real, sincere, and happy with who he is)

    If I had to choose it would be Franklin all the way. Him and James look like a great couple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.