+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i haven't seen mention of this yet

i haven't seen mention of this yet

back to Wes's "this show is about breaking down stereotypes" speech-- with the backdrop of the gay karaoke chorus, complete with finger wagging, theatrical looks and poses and body grinding

i mean, how ridiculous was this? any thought that the producers were airing the show for benevolent reasons certainly took a major smack in the face during that mucked-up piece-- at least they weren't all in the red bandanas, but that's about it...
    can you help me OUT?

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    back to Wes's "this show is about breaking down stereotypes" speech-- with the backdrop of the gay karaoke chorus, complete with finger wagging, theatrical looks and poses and body grinding

i mean, how ridiculous was this? any thought that the producers were airing the show for benevolent reasons certainly took a major smack in the face during that mucked-up piece-- at least they weren't all in the red bandanas, but that's about it...

I forgot about that. Now that makes me think Wes might be the straight one as the only one who made a comment along those lines was Sean in his goodby speach where he talked about the gay revolution and being honored to be part of it while the rest of the mates looked confused as they thought they were just there trying to get picked by James.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy

That shot angered me. And I don't think Wes might be straight for saying that--he probably said it at an entirely different time during the week, but the producers decided to make fun of everyone at once (including gay viewers) by cutting it against the karaoke night. It was a slap in the face to anyone who appeared on the show.

Some of the activities they chose for the guys were ludicrous. They might as well have dressed them up in clown outfits for half of them...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiboi
    That shot angered me. And I don't think Wes might be straight for saying that--he probably said it at an entirely different time during the week, but the producers decided to make fun of everyone at once (including gay viewers) by cutting it against the karaoke night. It was a slap in the face to anyone who appeared on the show.

Some of the activities they chose for the guys were ludicrous. They might as well have dressed them up in clown outfits for half of them...
    It's hammy, true. But I think they tried to keep things light and silly. I think their intention for the show wasn't this deep intense thing with hearts breaking and people falling in love. Though I thought the karaoke/dancing and the cowboy dancing was pretty awful to watch, and not that interesting on the whole, there were a few things that came out of it. Like Sean getting some interest from James, Dan going too far with the cowboy hoedown, and some other things.

The strip night thing was quite awful to watch, and no interesting info came out of it. We just to got see all of them undress a little!

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiboi

It's interesting to watch the wardrobe differences in the shots of each of the mates and James. The shirts change from shot to shot even though they are trying to make you think the shots are continuous.

FORT Regular
    The strip night was very fun to watch. So was the country dancing.

+ Reply to Thread