+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiss

Kiss

So many have talked about the good night kiss or the lack of. In my opinion I think it would be up to James to make the decision of a good night kiss, after all he picked them up and dropped them off, so it would be up to him to kiss them good night.

For me, it would be whoever was in the mood. No role playing or rules necessary.

FORT Regular

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod
    So many have talked about the good night kiss or the lack of. In my opinion I think it would be up to James to make the decision of a good night kiss, after all he picked them up and dropped them off, so it would be up to him to kiss them good night.
    Thank you, Jarod! James should have had his tongue down each of their throats if he wanted to really find out who was straight! Kissing WAS allowed - I never read a stipulation prohibiting French kissing.

BTW, James told Andra that HE "kissed Brian" - not vice-versa! He made no attempt to kiss Franklin. Therefore, I think he made up his mind before the dates. Franklin's date was also not shown as being discussed with Andra, the other two were. :mad:

FF (who is now willing to concede that Franklin was likely eliminated by James - straight, gay or bi - and he could be any of these orientations - that I will not yet concede)

Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    Franklin's date was also not shown as being discussed with Andra, the other two were. :mad:
    The Mates discussed Wes' date with James, but James himself didn't discuss it with Andra. The only one I remember James talking to Andra about was the date with Brian.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    The Mates discussed Wes' date with James, but James himself didn't discuss it with Andra. The only one I remember James talking to Andra about was the date with Brian.
    That's true. What do you think the producer's are trying to pull off by this episode???

1. We saw very little of the date with Franklin, and no discussion afterwards with Andra. This date also took place right after James found out the twist...he told Andra he had to run to a one on one date just before he told her the twist...so he might have been on guard even more than in others. Why didn't we see him talk to Andra about it? Also, it was Franklin who asked James to walk him to the door. Would the straight guy have asked him to do this??? James was the awkward one here, not necessarily Franklin.

2. Brian's date didn't feature the kiss James talks about. Strange, don't you think??? Maybe it was a very awkward looking kiss, that would have been a dead giveaway. I mean, of all things not to show, they chose this??? Then, of all the dates, we hear his comments on this one, which in my opinion, was the least exciting of the bunch. All I can say is...interesting.

3. Wes' date was definitely featured more than the others. It appeared the most romantic. We saw them interact quite a bit. We saw the kiss. It still wasn't a great kiss by any stretch of the imagination.

ARGH!!! This show is driving me crazy.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod
    Hi All! I'm new. Of course I didn't think to find this forum until the second to last ep... better late than never...?!

About the goodnight kiss/scenario -- I was thinking that although we have not idea how much or what they cut/edited out of each of the dates, the one thing we pretty much only needed to see highlights of was the goodbye scene. It was interesting -- in Franklin's case, he was pretty laid back as is his character, but he had his hand on the door knob quite fast, and didn't make to keep eye contact going for very long. In Brian's case, James didn't insist on 'walking him to the door', but basically hugged/kissed him right out of the door of the limo -- Brian looked a little like he lingered after James got back in the car quickly. But with Wes, they both kissed (and it wasn't a quick fly-by kiss, but one that you saw them both slowly reach for it) and hugged, but the REALLY interesting part was after this. Did anyone else notice how both guys immediately stepped back and shoved their hands in their pockets? I took a soc/anth course back when, and I remember learning about 'mirroring' or some term I can't pull out of my head, where humans show acute interest in each other (on dates, for example) when they do certain actions simulatneously.... like sip from their drink, etc. And the shoving the hands in the pockets also gave me the impression that they both would have liked to do more, but knew that they had to 'control' themselves. They just LINGERED, swaying their bodies towards each other but without doing anything more. To me it was quite telling.

I know some of you aren't happy with Wes as the chosen, but I think as chemistry goes, this seems to be it in my eyes....

Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    That's true. What do you think the producer's are trying to pull off by this episode???

1. We saw very little of the date with Franklin, and no discussion afterwards with Andra. This date also took place right after James found out the twist...he told Andra he had to run to a one on one date just before he told her the twist...so he might have been on guard even more than in others. Why didn't we see him talk to Andra about it? Also, it was Franklin who asked James to walk him to the door. Would the straight guy have asked him to do this??? James was the awkward one here, not necessarily Franklin.

2. Brian's date didn't feature the kiss James talks about. Strange, don't you think??? Maybe it was a very awkward looking kiss, that would have been a dead giveaway. I mean, of all things not to show, they chose this??? Then, of all the dates, we hear his comments on this one, which in my opinion, was the least exciting of the bunch. All I can say is...interesting.

3. Wes' date was definitely featured more than the others. It appeared the most romantic. We saw them interact quite a bit. We saw the kiss. It still wasn't a great kiss by any stretch of the imagination.

ARGH!!! This show is driving me crazy.
    1. Good point. Since James had just found out about the twist before his date w/ Franklin, he was probably more guarded than he would have been had he not been told the news.

2. Actually, they did show the Brian/James kiss. It was right after they got out of the limo and it was brief, but it was shown.

3. It may not have been a kiss that will go down in the annals of history, but it was definitely the most intimate of the three, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    I know some of you aren't happy with Wes as the chosen, but I think as chemistry goes, this seems to be it in my eyes....
    Foody!

We don't know for sure about Wes being "the chosen" yet...

ant
    FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    Kissing WAS allowed - I never read a stipulation prohibiting French kissing.
    i think wes wanted to go for another dip, but as he leaned forward james sorta held back - pushed little wes away. i was fumbling why he what he did. maybe james did it to allow for fair competition. i don't know or they had too much garlic in their food

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    i think wes wanted to go for another dip, but as he leaned forward james sorta held back - pushed little wes away. i was fumbling why he what he did...
    kissing once is a nice kiss. but going back for more -- that would have definitely led to full-blown make-out. James hasn't even kissed a guy in front of Andra yet, so I just thought he wasn't going to do the 'real' kissing on the first time, or in front of cameras.... Wonder if he'll go all out smooching at selection time...when/if he gets his guy? Will he let his hair down?
    Last edited by foody; 08-27-2003 at 01:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast