+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Orinos
    Goody question, Foody.
    If I didn't know that there was a straight man amoung them, then I probably wouldn't have thought him striaght. I would have thought him ingenuine and just trying to win dispit any true attraction. But since I DO know that one of the mates is straight, I have to put my guess foward that it's Wes.
    I believe that Brian is gay. Of him, I have no doubt. But I also believe that Brain also has no attraction to James. I believe that he thinks James is a nice guy and attractive, just not his type, per se.
    Brian: gay...not attracted to James.
    Wes: straight...pretending to be attracted to James
    Franklin: gay....wants to make beautiful music with James.

Speaking of Music -- has Frankin played that guitar AT ALL during the series. If he would play James a tune, that would tell all -- so I think.

FORT Newbie
    And as to Wes' supposedly non-obvious flirting, if you see it, then you are better then I am. You even spoke about being taught on how to go on a job interview. Firm hand shake, eye contact......these are all taught methods of communication. They are drilled into us. They speak nothing of our real personality. And this is what I get from Wes. Rehearsed, well thought out ploys to get James attention. This is a game to him. He has been prepped to go out and get James. A firm hand shake is not a subtle comment from a potential employee. Everyone know what it means and what it's saying, and that it should be done. It's just like saying "how are you?" when most of the time you say it you really don't want to sit there are find out how a person has been doing or hear along story as to what's up with them. All you want back is the accepted "fine, and you?"
    His actions are calculated to get a correct response from James, not as a means of testing the waters to see if it's ok to come in or will he get hurt.

FORT Fan
    And as to Wes' supposedly non-obvious flirting, if you see it, then you are better then I am. You even spoke about being taught on how to go on a job interview. Firm hand shake, eye contact......these are all taught methods of communication. They are drilled into us. They speak nothing of our real personality. And this is what I get from Wes. Rehearsed, well thought out ploys to get James attention. This is a game to him. He has been prepped to go out and get James. A firm hand shake is not a subtle comment from a potential employee. Everyone know what it means and what it's saying, and that it should be done. It's just like saying "how are you?" when most of the time you say it you really don't want to sit there are find out how a person has been doing or hear along story as to what's up with them. All you want back is the accepted "fine, and you?"
    His actions are calculated to get a correct response from James, not as a means of testing the waters to see if it's ok to come in or will he get hurt.
    you have great points, and I do see what you mean. One of my best friends is just like this 'on' personality. She is so on all the time, and could impress dignitaries, college deans, jocks, taxi drivers, women and men; she isn't naturally a genius but has worked her way to Wharton and dean's lists. There is an inherent charm and flirtiness in the way she acts, and can remember most of what people have said to her months ago; and I see that Wes is like that. But I know my friend well, and although sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by watching her with others and sometimes having moments of envy and doubt about how she can be there for me if she's so on for everyone, she is true to me even when we are just the two of us. I have to have faith that Wes may be just like this. It's not something I'm ready to judge someone badly on...

But you're right -- Wes is a personality that IF he was straight, or gay and uninterested in James, he could still pull it off if he wanted to succeed at this game. And fittingly he's a fundraiser and/or politically active, right? These are good qualities for that. It definitely leaves some room for uncertainty on James's part. I wonder whether Wes's personality if a plus or minus in James's head?

FORT Regular

Wes

And as to Wes' supposedly non-obvious flirting, if you see it, then you are better then I am. And this is what I get from Wes. Rehearsed, well thought out ploys to get James attention. This is a game to him. He has been prepped to go out and get James.
    He's over rehearsed, IMO. That's a large part of why I do not trust him.

FranFan

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    He's over rehearsed, IMO. That's a large part of why I do not trust him.

FranFan

I'm new to this type of thing -- what does IMO mean? I keep seeing it.

FORT Regular

IMO - In My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    I'm new to this type of thing -- what does IMO mean? I keep seeing it.
    Oh, crap.

IMO = In my opinion. And I promised John I wouldn't use lingo anymore.

Sorry John!

Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    Oh, crap.

IMO = In my opinion. And I promised John I wouldn't use lingo anymore.

Sorry John!
    Thanks! It just proves that you are never too old to learn something new!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    Thanks! It just proves that you are never too old to learn something new!
    so true! last week I was instant messaging with some younger friends (a few years younger) and one of them typed: BRB. I was like, huh? I found out that it means "be right back" -- and they gave me a really hard time about not knowing it! Now I do feel old!

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    so true! last week I was instant messaging with some younger friends (a few years younger) and one of them typed: BRB. I was like, huh? I found out that it means "be right back" -- and they gave me a really hard time about not knowing it! Now I do feel old!

Well, when you consider that I have a granddaughter the same age as Robb and Franklin, I have a few years on most of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345