+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How the "twist" would affect viewing

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    You know, everyone is so brilliant on this forum -- you guys have picked up everything, considered all the manipulations by producers, etc. Probably they should have you guys producing the show!!

BUT

WHAT IF???

What if, we're just making it all too complicated? What if, indeed Franklin is the straight guy -- obvious #1: is most 'masculine' of the group, and obvious #2: was paired with straight Shaun on the last selection. ???

What if, Wes is the object of James's affections? Obvious #1: because Bravo has been allocating a majority of the so-leaning footage to this pair, Obvious #2: We have seen footage of them connecting, kissing, etc ??

What if?

Would you be angry? cheated? happy? satisfied?

I'm getting a sneaking feeling that the producers of this show really didn't plan anything except the pairing-off manouveur with Shaun/Franklin. I'm getting a sneaking feeling that they just didn't think we'd notice!

quel horreur! or not?

I would think it was all rather pointless. The claim is that they are trying to breakdown sterotypes and if it turns out that the sterotypes worked for this batch of guys then they have reinforced the opposite point of view. Also, even if there was no twist and all three guys were gay, it still would be a real yawn to telegraph the final choice before the final selection. Mostly though, this show seems to have been poorly designed and poorly edited. There has been very little opportunity to get know the Mates enough for me to really have an oppinion on who is right for James. The handful of other reality show episodes I've seen did a much better job and differentiated all of the players from the start and made it easy to get wrapped up in the drama.

At the end of the day, it was probably a bad concept. If they rigged it to let James easily detect who the straight guy is and end up with a gay Mate then the twist was dull and pointless. If they rigged it to make it likely that James would end up with the straight guy then it was cruel to James. If they rigged it so James would mistakenly eliminate a gay guy he really liked, but incorrectly guessed was straight then it is cruel to not only James but the unsupecting gay guy who though he had a connection but was merely choosen as a straight looking prop. This show is like a trainwreck. It is ugly, but I can't look away.

FORT Regular

Hook, Line, and Sinker

Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    (heavy edit) This show is like a trainwreck. It is ugly, but I can't look away.
    I completely agree, but I am hooked too. Guess they got what they wanted, didn't they?

Already knowing that James was not happy with the way it turned out, I should have avoided it. I had no idea there would be so many straight men on the show. I figured maybe 3 or 4 at the most. But 7?!

I'm already disappointed, they really couldn't do much more.

FF

DFE
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    I completely agree, but I am hooked too. Guess they got what they wanted, didn't they?

Already knowing that James was not happy with the way it turned out, I should have avoided it. I had no idea there would be so many straight men on the show. I figured maybe 3 or 4 at the most. But 7?!

I'm already disappointed, they really couldn't do much more.

FF

Unless there is a final and even more ugly final twist next episode. But I'll admit it's hard to think of anything much worse.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    Unless there is a final and even more ugly final twist next episode. But I'll admit it's hard to think of anything much worse.
    that James is really a straight woman? :p

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    that James is really a straight woman? :p
    how about that James is really straight. now that would be a twist.

Or if James had planned it with the contestants and would split the money (just day dreaming).

ant
    FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Or if James had planned it with the contestants and would split the money (just day dreaming).
    it is after all a game right. if bravo can strategize, why can't he? i say if the oppty is out there do it because in the end it's only him, and the series is about him.
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123