+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: How the "twist" would affect viewing

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    The producers/network execs are rumored to have been going after the straight female audience. I suppose the twist means that straight women can hope Franklin really leans their way...

    -- Joe
    Joe, oh Lord No!

    It would have been a more enjoyable show without the twist.

  2. #12
    FORT Newbie Oh! Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    37
    ant:

    i think it's good that folks be free to post such things here... we all know there is still a large segment of the population that believes such things and it is their right to do so, no matter how wrongminded we may think it is

    we should always be mindful of it in seeking a way to finally bridge that gap some day

    ^my opinion only^
    can you help me OUT?

  3. #13
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopfans
    I happen to know a lot of straight women that watch the show. And trust me, they would be watching it even if straight guys weren't involved.
    A whole lotta straight women find that two cute gay guys are really hot. They're not watching because of Andra, and they're not watching to test their gaydar.

  4. #14
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    A whole lotta straight women find that two cute gay guys are really hot. They're not watching because of Andra, and they're not watching to test their gaydar.
    sounds like fag hag to me
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

  5. #15
    FORT Regular alixtheweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Age
    71
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    interesting that you should post that here.

    What I was trying to say is that the people who need to have their stereotypical ideas changed won't watch the show because of the fact that they are such bigots that they can't listen to any viewpoint but their own.

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    30
    I suspect that the 'twist' (as in 'twist the knife') does improve ratings. I don't think I would find it quite so objectionable if the show hadn't been so blatently rigged. If (as it initially appeared) a relatively small fraction of the initial group were straight, and the groupings had been genuinely random so that James had a fair chance of eliminating the straight guys just on intuition and 'chemistry', I wouldn't be nearly so angry.

    But the fact is, it _is_ rigged. I often draw the analogy to the rigged quiz shows of the '50s - it was not really necessary to rig the shows to produce well rated programs, as Jeopardy and 'Millionaire' later proved. It wasn't necessary to rig this show either.

  7. #17
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    It wasn't necessary to rig this show either.
    The whole structure of this show is so painful -- even more so than the catty deviousness of Joe Millionaire,etc., because all the groups are fragmented and keeping the secrets from their new pals, yet the people in it for REAL love interest (no million dollars, etc) are getting the biggest slam. Sure, they tell James he will get money, but only after they tell him the whole thing's not what he thought.

    And from the viewer side, the rigging by the producers (if this is indeed the case) makes us the viewers who are carefully watching things remain unrewarded for any of our own dedication to watching every word and action b/c everything we see and hear seems to not even be a semi-accurate depiction of things.

    I guess this is like people who go to a horror movie -- we have to go in with the attitude that we love getting manipulated and completely turned around. And, i suppose to some extent considering how sophistacted everyone on this forum has been about finding the clues and forming theories, this may have been the only way they could stay away from being 'predictable'. It's like the writers for concept/twist movies -- they have to try and come up with something no one is expecting.... though in this case the options are limited.

    Would it have been even crazier if they told us that there MAY or MAY NOT be a straight guy in the three?

  8. #18
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    You know, everyone is so brilliant on this forum -- you guys have picked up everything, considered all the manipulations by producers, etc. Probably they should have you guys producing the show!!

    BUT

    WHAT IF???

    What if, we're just making it all too complicated? What if, indeed Franklin is the straight guy -- obvious #1: is most 'masculine' of the group, and obvious #2: was paired with straight Shaun on the last selection. ???

    What if, Wes is the object of James's affections? Obvious #1: because Bravo has been allocating a majority of the so-leaning footage to this pair, Obvious #2: We have seen footage of them connecting, kissing, etc ??

    What if?

    Would you be angry? cheated? happy? satisfied?

    I'm getting a sneaking feeling that the producers of this show really didn't plan anything except the pairing-off manouveur with Shaun/Franklin. I'm getting a sneaking feeling that they just didn't think we'd notice!

    quel horreur! or not?

  9. #19
    FORT Newbie MrsDarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    sounds like fag hag to me
    Smile when you say those words.
    And straight on towards morning

  10. #20
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    sounds like fag hag to me
    You talkin' to ME?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.