+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

Potential Spoiler - Wes' hand

Hi I am a newbie and your board is fun!!! Anyhow I know this appears obsessive and I never thought that I would be a realitytv fan, but here we are!

Well, we have to assume that only one person gets the champagne in the next episode. Have you observed the preview at the end of tonite's show where James looks at the 3 guys individually? (by the way I agree with whoever said that he looked at his eye level ie Franklin when he said "I have to assume you are straight" and lower ie Wes most likely when he clicked the champagne glass).

Anyhow I have to admit that I carefully reviewed my tapes (talk about Bravo making people detectives!) and the hand clicking glasses with James at the end is Wes'!!!! In addition, like a good sommelier, Franklin has always held his glass at the bottom of the stem, and Wes has a wide grip at the top...

I have to say that I am slightly disappointed if I am right, because Franklin would have shattered some stereotypes and frankly I feel that up until James found out about the 'twist' he was most likely to choose Franklin.

Oh well, at least it has been a fun diversion for the last few Tuesday nights.

SD Fan

I'll have to watch out for those hints!

well you could certainly tell it was someone with a smaller hand, i didn't know if it was brian or wes but i'm 95% certain he figures franklin for the straight guy
    can you help me OUT?

FORT Newbie
    SD, i was about to post the same thing too heh, about the whose-hand-was-on-the-glass-of-wine-in-the-previews. I didn't record the show, but if anyone did or remembered, did they show James saying "Your the straight one" (or something like that) and then CUTTING off the scene, to Franklin. or was it a non-cut off scene, with James saying that to Franklin?

FORT Newbie

Back Up to the End of Episode 4 ...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFV
    SD, i was about to post the same thing too heh, about the whose-hand-was-on-the-glass-of-wine-in-the-previews. I didn't record the show, but if anyone did or remembered, did they show James saying "Your the straight one" (or something like that) and then CUTTING off the scene, to Franklin. or was it a non-cut off scene, with James saying that to Franklin?
    Hello All ..

I have watched from the beginning and it's interesting to hear about the ending that everyone is concluding, great detectives =)

Remember that editing is everything and the editor is probably doing his/her best to trick us ... with that in mind, here's something to think about.

At the end of episode four, 6 guys were lined up in groups of 2. We know that in that group that 4 were gay and that 2 were straight. That was the night that Frankin and Sean were lined up together .. so one of that HAD to be eliminated. So, that night it was either Sean or Franklin .. and Sean got the ax. Later that same night it was revealed that ONE of that "mates" was straight.

Here's my theory ...

It would make sense to me that they would want to end the show with 2 gays and 1 straight and not the other way around (2 straight and 1 gay). So I think that she intentionally lined up the two straight guys to purposely get rid of one of them. As I think about it, that probably was done in earlier episodes to keep it interesting. Since we found out that Sean was straight "gay revolution" .. who says that? ...that leaves Franklin EASILY as the straight guy. Franklin has tried too hard throughout the series and the HAIR thing, what is that! .. please.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this ...

FORT Regular
    You know it's entirely possible that James tells this to Franklin and he replies "What? You're wrong, I'm not straight!" *crossing my fingers*

Malan36, read around. That's a pretty popular theory! While not the only evidence I have, it is one of the factors in my view that Franklin is the heterosexual...

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFV

Kevin, they didn't go that far...all they did was to show James saying 'I have to assume you are gay' and then the next scene is James clicking his glass with a hand that is unfortunately after much reviewing of previous footage, Wes'.

I agree however with a lot of other threads and posts that the producers have done a great job making me suspect each of the final 3 in turn to be straight (exhausting!) in the last 2 weeks. Incredible psychological manipulation! So (fingers crossed) although I am 95% sure Wes' hand is holding that last glass, it will turn out to be: hey, now that I have chosen Franklin, champagne all around, no hard feelings type of toast

I still don't think so but one can hope. In any case if he chose Wes that still doesn't guarantee a gay man...I have read all sides on the posts and I think viewing characters in a short series easily lead our minds to do what they do best: categorize. Appreciation for the complexity of our friends does not come in less than an hour a week, for the last five weeks. Naturally given the contrived circumstances we categorize, stereotype. So Brian is blandly straight, Franklin is masculinely straight, and Wes is 'I am so on all the time I have to be' straight. It may be much easier to speculate whose hand is in the promo than the cornerstone of someone's sexuality.

Sigh...having said all that, I still wish that Franklin's long fingers and not Wes' tapered ones were holding that glass. I wanted to see Franklin claw the bottom of the stem like he has always done in wine tasting.
    Last edited by SD_fan; 08-27-2003 at 06:33 PM.

ant
    FORT Fan
    let's just say that the toast coincide with the winner (agreeing with your careful review that it is wes), but now it boils down to is is that bastard str8? omg he better be... i mean if it's wes.
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Malan36
    At the end of episode four, 6 guys were lined up in groups of 2. We know that in that group that 4 were gay and that 2 were straight. That was the night that Frankin and Sean were lined up together .. so one of that HAD to be eliminated.

...SNIP...

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this ...
    The producers have been playing that "keep the straight guys on the show" since week 2.

Week 2:
    Jim (S) Franklin (?) Sean (S) Dan (S)
    Wes (?) Michael (S) Robb (G) Paul (S)
    Matt (G) Brian (?) Marc (G) Darren (G)

If you want to be sure you have plenty of straight guys and gay guys going forward, have one group of all straight guys and one group of all gay guys.

Week 3:
    Michael (S) Sean (S) Robb (G)
    Darren (G) Brian (?) Matt (G)
    Franklink (?) Dan (S) Wes (?)

Want to make sure that you have at least two straight guys going into week 4, put two straight guys together into two separate groups. That way even if James eliminates a straight guy from each of those groups (which he did by the way), you will still have two straight guys left.

Week 4:
    Brian (?) Darren (G)
    Wes (?) Robb (G)
    Franklin (?) Sean (S)

As Malan36 pointed out, the producers can guarantee a straight participant in week 5 by pairing two straight guys up together.

The producers have been playing a game with their groupings since the second week. James was devastated because he had mistakenly chosen a straight guy to continue into week 5. He had no choice. In fact he's done a remarkably good job of eliminating straight guys every time the producers have given him a chance. In any grouping that had both straight and gay guys, he has *always* eliminated a straight guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast