+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

I watched Episode 5 again tonight, and specifically watched the way the Mates held their wine glasses. (They sure drink a lot on this show!)
    Anyway, Franklin and Brian both held their wine glasses by the stem, and Wes held his by the globe part of the glass. If you look at the preview for next week, when all you see is the 2 hands, each holding a glass, the glass is being held like Wes holds it, by the globe, not by the stem. I'm not saying for sure that Wes is gay, but I am saying that I feel James picked Wes for his date. I'm just hoping that Wes is gay.

FORT Newbie

pattern on bravo website

wonder if any have seen the pattern that seems to develope on bravos website in the bio page the pictures of the 15 mates have been grouped into groups of 3. With all but three known there is a pattern of 1 straight on the first group provideed that Brian is gay. second group if Franklin is straight then there is 2 in the second group. 1 in the third group. 2 in the fourth group. then 1 in the last group provided that Wes is gay. the assumtion that Franklin is striaght also based on the news artical that durning the country western hoe down a 6ft 4 inch striaght guy was paired with another striaght guy that thought what if my mother see's this. only 3 known straight guys were at that one couple was Dan and Micheal. Micheal beening the tallest of the two that would make Dan saying that with his personallity that would not be a thought of his. Only other known straight was Jim paired with Franklin. Franklin beeing very tall. Jims from what you can get from his personality may be the one that thought about what if his mother saw this. Any thoughts?

FORT Regular

Give this man a cigar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    I watched Episode 5 again tonight, and specifically watched the way the Mates held their wine glasses. (They sure drink a lot on this show!)
    Anyway, Franklin and Brian both held their wine glasses by the stem, and Wes held his by the globe part of the glass. If you look at the preview for next week, when all you see is the 2 hands, each holding a glass, the glass is being held like Wes holds it, by the globe, not by the stem. I'm not saying for sure that Wes is gay, but I am saying that I feel James picked Wes for his date. I'm just hoping that Wes is gay.
    Very good, Rick!

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the wine glasses. I have been waiting all week for someone to post about this.

When I first saw that promo, I went back to every episode on tape and watched how Franklin, Wes, and Brian held their glasses - when eating and (even noted how they accepted the glass) during the eliminations.

BTW, when drinking chilled wine from stemware, Brian and Franklin hold their glasses properly. Franklin would know this, as he knows wine. Brian would know this, as he's a bartender.

If we haven't been duped again, I agree that Wes is the one he picks. I am not yet ready to state my opinion on whether Wes is gay or straight. I am still building my case, but got some great info that a mate let slip.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    Very good, Rick!

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the wine glasses. I have been waiting all week for someone to post about this.

Maybe you should read post #1 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    Maybe you should read post #1 in this thread.
    You are right, and I would like to apologize to SD_fan for not catching what was said in the first post. I really didn't mean to steal the idea of the way the guys were holding the glasses, from someone else.

FORT Regular

I REALLY have to apologize...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    You are right, and I would like to apologize to SD_fan for not catching what was said in the first post. I really didn't mean to steal the idea of the way the guys were holding the glasses, from someone else.
    I didn't fully read what SD_fan wrote about the hands and glasses. MY APOLOGIES SD_fan! I even posted a reply to what was written.

Sorry, SD! ish!

FranklinFan (until proven otherwise)

FORT Newbie
    =SD_fan
    ... Have you observed the preview at the end of tonite's show where James looks at the 3 guys individually? (by the way I agree with whoever said that he looked at his eye level ie Franklin when he said "I have to assume you are straight" and lower ie Wes most likely when he clicked the champagne glass).

Anyhow I have to admit that I carefully reviewed my tapes ...the hand clicking glasses with James at the end is Wes'!!!! In addition, like a good sommelier, Franklin has always held his glass at the bottom of the stem, and Wes has a wide grip at the top...

...I feel that up until James found out about the 'twist' he was most likely to choose Franklin.

Oh well, at least it has been a fun diversion for the last few Tuesday nights.
    I tend to agree. had James not discovered that there was a gay twist he would have chosen Franklin.
    And I agree, after re-re-re-re-reviewing the pairings, the producers delibertaly set James up for more intrigue, and kept (at least) one straight guy in the mix for the end.
    Finally, I have to say about the mysterious wine glass.
    While Wes' DOES indeed take his glass and hold it with his hand (heathen!) He tends to use his left hand most of the time. And the person holding the glass appears to be right handed. Ssssoooooooo...
    who knows!!
    God this has been great!!!
    Last edited by JdInSd; 08-30-2003 at 06:33 PM. Reason: condense quote, word correction/adjustment

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JdInSd
    God this has been great!!!
    it's so much fun, isn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by JdInSd
    had James not discovered that there was a gay twist he would have chosen Franklin.

You think? That makes the twist even worse!! That means he's not picking who he wants but who makes him look less stupid on national TV. Ugh. I hope if he does pick Wes, it's because Wes is the one who's in his heart. Yes, Franklin may be cute, but isn't Wes more interesting all-around?

Great sleuthing people!!

FORT Fan
    The talk about potential lawsuits is so ridiculous - lawsuits for what? Having worked in TV with these types of shows, I can tell you t hat contestants sign contracts that give all control to the producers - everything up to their first born child.

I totally believe that the groupings were done to ensure that a straight guy would make it to the end - If not, the whole show has no purpose... Plus why else have the groupings if not to manipulate the outcome.. Its genius.

For the conspiracy theorists out there, a commerical promoting the final episoe has the voiceover saying 'and he finds out who is straight' right as they put the camera on Franklin.

If Franklin is not the straight guy, a lot of people will be surprised based on the groupings and other things... Wes is obviously gay just by his mannerisms - plus he used to work at the San Diego gay and lesbian center... Im not saying everyone who works there is gay but most are... and Brian works at a gay bar in Hollywood - Again, that doesnt necessarily make him gay as straights sometimes work in gay clubs to make extra money - but he doesnt seem the type.

Ive also just personally thought that James would pick Wes from weeks back - just a hunch from their interactions and the type of people I think they are.

Supposedlysome of the gu ys are on the TOday show on Tues morning so you can look for more clues then as well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast