+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

  1. #21
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    Here's another way to break this down.

    ...SNIP...

    Week 4:
    Brian (G) Darren (G)
    Wes (S) Robb (G)
    Franklin (G) Sean (S)

    ...SNIP...

    Just my two cents. Any thoughts about this?
    I was willing to consider the possibility that your analysis was superior to mine until you got to week 4. In order for the "twist" to work, the producers had to have a straight guy coming into week 5. In your theoretical pairings for week 4, there was the possibility that James would eliminate all the straight guys -- hence, no "twist".

    So... I'm sticking with my theory about the pairings.

  2. #22
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban
    I was willing to consider the possibility that your analysis was superior to mine until you got to week 4. In order for the "twist" to work, the producers had to have a straight guy coming into week 5. In your theoretical pairings for week 4, there was the possibility that James would eliminate all the straight guys -- hence, no "twist".

    So... I'm sticking with my theory about the pairings.
    Here's the other side of this that people are ignoring: not pairing the straight guys would ALSO leave open the possibility of having two straight guys in the final, which would not only probably cause James to walk, but would also be a total mockery of the show's purpose (leaving the issue of if 1/3 is a mockery aside). So that to me is even more evidence that the straights would have been paired.

    -- Joe

  3. #23
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    Here's the other side of this that people are ignoring: not pairing the straight guys would ALSO leave open the possibility of having two straight guys in the final, which would not only probably cause James to walk, but would also be a total mockery of the show's purpose (leaving the issue of if 1/3 is a mockery aside). So that to me is even more evidence that the straights would have been paired.

    -- Joe

    I stand by the disclaimer at the end of the show. The producer's already knew who he was going to eliminate, or had a good idea.

  4. #24
    Chatty Mute YankeeMate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    To prevent any such criticism, they could have decided to place at least one gay guy in a predominantly straight group, therefore assuring that several straights made it through to the next round. They could then argue that they never set James up to end up with a straight suitor, because he always had a gay choice.

    This theory. and I'm not saying it's right, would work if Wes is the straight guy, and Franklin is the gay one.
    I love to play Devil's Advocate so suppose, just suppose for a moment, in the last grouping's that the bold mates below were James' picks:

    Day 4:
    Brian (G) Darren (G )
    Wes (S ) Robb (G)
    Franklin (G) Sean (S )

    Knowing that Franklin had said in the Limo when James asked him if he'd be disappointed if he didn't pick him, Franklin replied he'd seek him out after the show so he chose Sean to get to know further since he was sure if things didn't work out, Franklin would be a fall back. James could have thrown the producers a wrench in picking two straight guys for the final 3, I think that would have caused much more of an uproar and backlash than the safety net of pairing the two straight guys together. Suppose, if going by the disclaimer, they had talked to James and he said he was leaning toward keeping Sean because he was reassured he could persue something with Franklin so he was going to dismiss him. The producers may have realized the potential disaster and decided to pair F & S together.

    I'm am nearly 100% sure Wes is gay. I had my doubts before but from rewatching the episodes, I've come to the conclusion he's gay.

  5. #25
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMate
    I love to play Devil's Advocate so suppose, just suppose for a moment, in the last grouping's that the bold mates below were James' picks:

    Day 4:
    Brian (G) Darren (G )
    Wes (S ) Robb (G)
    Franklin (G) Sean (S )

    Knowing that Franklin had said in the Limo when James asked him if he'd be disappointed if he didn't pick him, Franklin replied he'd seek him out after the show so he chose Sean to get to know further since he was sure if things didn't work out, Franklin would be a fall back. James could have thrown the producers a wrench in picking two straight guys for the final 3, I think that would have caused much more of an uproar and backlash than the safety net of pairing the two straight guys together. Suppose, if going by the disclaimer, they had talked to James and he said he was leaning toward keeping Sean because he was reassured he could persue something with Franklin so he was going to dismiss him. The producers may have realized the potential disaster and decided to pair F & S together.

    I'm am nearly 100% sure Wes is gay. I had my doubts before but from rewatching the episodes, I've come to the conclusion he's gay.
    That's fun to think about. If only James was that savvy -- but from what we've seen of Andra's reaction and James's general temperence, I don't think it even occured them to manipulate things like this. It would have been a last great hurrah for James if he turned things around on the producers, but...

    Anyway, I think James was at first intrigued by Sean's mystery, then pleasantly surprised (to take Wes's quote) by his dancing grooviness, then turned off by his reticence and unengaging conversation.

  6. #26
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Miami, Fla
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10

    Franklin's Date Not Discussed

    I believe that there is a reason why Franklin's date wasn't discussed between James & Andra on the most recent Boy Meets Boy. James probably decided that Franklin was straight and no matter how the discussion between James and Aundra was edited, it probably would have given that fact away. That's why I think Franklin's date wasn't discussed, while the dates with Brian and Wes were.

  7. #27
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBFan835
    I believe that there is a reason why Franklin's date wasn't discussed between James & Andra on the most recent Boy Meets Boy. James probably decided that Franklin was straight and no matter how the discussion between James and Aundra was edited, it probably would have given that fact away. That's why I think Franklin's date wasn't discussed, while the dates with Brian and Wes were.
    That's a good point. They do have to edit out footage that tells us too much probably.

    I don't remember Andra and James talking about Wes, though. When was that? -- oh you mean, when Wes comes home and tell Franklin and Brian about his night... that was an interesting scene they chose to edit into the episode. It didn't tell us anything new about Wes's date, but it was one of those scenes where Franklin and Brian's reaction can be interpreted in so many ways, to mean so many things. I wonder if they put it in there to illustrate a point, or to mislead us.

  8. #28
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Miami, Fla
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    That's a good point. They do have to edit out footage that tells us too much probably.

    I don't remember Andra and James talking about Wes, though. When was that? -- oh you mean, when Wes comes home and tell Franklin and Brian about his night... that was an interesting scene they chose to edit into the episode. It didn't tell us anything new about Wes's date, but it was one of those scenes where Franklin and Brian's reaction can be interpreted in so many ways, to mean so many things. I wonder if they put it in there to illustrate a point, or to mislead us.

    I could have sworn that James and Aundra discussed Brian and Wes...I have to check that tape again. Did you notice how Franklin congratulated Wes his date with James? I may have read too much into that brief exchange, but it seemed to me that Franklin knew he was out of the running and was genuinely wishing Wes his best.

  9. #29
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBFan835
    I could have sworn that James and Aundra discussed Brian and Wes...I have to check that tape again. Did you notice how Franklin congratulated Wes his date with James? I may have read too much into that brief exchange, but it seemed to me that Franklin knew he was out of the running and was genuinely wishing Wes his best.
    from what i remember, James went home, sat in his living room and just stared at the floor for a while, then got ready to go to bed, and turned the light off. There was no Andra discussion that they showed.

    I tell ya, that last mates' scene is really a puzzler -- it just could mean so many things... depending on how trustful or suspicious one is!

  10. #30
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55

    James' date discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    from what i remember, James went home, sat in his living room and just stared at the floor for a while, then got ready to go to bed, and turned the light off. There was no Andra discussion that they showed.

    I tell ya, that last mates' scene is really a puzzler -- it just could mean so many things... depending on how trustful or suspicious one is!
    You are absolutely correct. The only date that we saw discussed was Brian's. Could that be telling us something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.