+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILER*

  1. #11
    aka LAXguy LAGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_fan
    Well, we have to assume that only one person gets the champagne in the next episode. Have you observed the preview at the end of tonite's show where James looks at the 3 guys individually?...

    Anyhow I have to admit that I carefully reviewed my tapes (talk about Bravo making people detectives!) and the hand clicking glasses with James at the end is Wes'!!!!
    To paraphrase Wes: "You assumed that shot was from next week's episode. Why?"

    Seriously, the previews have been deceptive before and the editors could have easily used a "clicking champagne glasses" shot from almost any of the past episodes in order to throw us off.

  2. #12
    Music Fanatic Mr. Obvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    355
    The producers obviously were to take a huge risk of having no gay guys in the final three if they did not pair two of the remaining straight guys together in episode 4's elimination ceremony. However, the producers have consulted with James about every elimination decision. I've read in another thread that, despite how the suitors were arranged, the producers might have convinced James to pick a certain guy over this guy to make sure he gets into the final three, even if the straight guy wasn't paired with the other straight guy. They might have used this tactic to fool the viewers or something into thinking Franklin is straight, when Wes or Brian might actually be the fakers. The producers might have insisted James on picking Wes over Robb (because Andra said Robb and him had the least chemistry) or Brian over Darren (I'm not sure about the reasoning for this pairing).

    Or maybe the producers were just so obvious for putting Sean and Franklin together, that it's just an absolute no-brainer that Franklin's the straight guy?

    We'll all just watch next week's finale just to make sure.

  3. #13
    FORT Newbie SD_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    To paraphrase Wes: "You assumed that shot was from next week's episode. Why?"

    Seriously, the previews have been deceptive before and the editors could have easily used a "clicking champagne glasses" shot from almost any of the past episodes in order to throw us off.
    That may be true, however the previous ceremonies weren't held outside and James was wearing the same clothes he did when he said "I have to assume you're straight."

  4. #14
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55

    Check the backdrop

    Quote Originally Posted by SD_fan
    That may be true, however the previous ceremonies weren't held outside and James was wearing the same clothes he did when he said "I have to assume you're straight."
    True. And to prove your point even further, check out the backdrop for the two scenes - it is exactly the same. I rewound the tape four times to be sure of this.

  5. #15
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55
    I just saw the new promo with Andra saying "I chose you to be here" and something about making a mistake. They then cut to Franklin. Convenient editing?

  6. #16
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    I just saw the new promo with Andra saying "I chose you to be here" and something about making a mistake. They then cut to Franklin. Convenient editing?
    Remember in episode 2 when Andra got upset upon learning that the mates would be put in groups of four and James would have to eliminate one from each group? She said something like, "What if they put my favorites in one group? What if they put Franklin, Robb, Matt and Sean into one group? Who are you going to get rid of?" Three of those guys are now gone, so I submit that she was talking to Franklin.

  7. #17
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    Remember in episode 2 when Andra got upset upon learning that the mates would be put in groups of four and James would have to eliminate one from each group? She said something like, "What if they put my favorites in one group? What if they put Franklin, Robb, Matt and Sean into one group? Who are you going to get rid of?" Three of those guys are now gone, so I submit that she was talking to Franklin.

    Does anyone have a list of all the selection time groupings so far? It would be interesting to see (now that we know who is straight), whether there was a 'randomness' to the groupings or there was a straight/gay pattern, or if the pattern had to do with James's preferences for specific guys (ie. the producers knew who he was most likely to choose beforehand, and grouped accordingly).

  8. #18
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,196
    Yes, it's been examined here on FORT. You can look for the specifics, but they were as follows:

    Grouping 1:
    S,S,S,Franklin
    S,G,S,Wes
    G,G,G,Brian

    Grouping 2:
    S,S,G
    G,G,G
    S,S,G
    (assuming Franklin is the Straight)

    And you remember grouping 3.

    -- Joe

  9. #19
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    Yes, it's been examined here on FORT. You can look for the specifics, but they were as follows:

    Grouping 1:
    S,S,S,Franklin
    S,G,S,Wes
    G,G,G,Brian

    Grouping 2:
    S,S,G
    G,G,G
    S,S,G
    (assuming Franklin is the Straight)

    And you remember grouping 3.

    -- Joe

    thanks much, Joe! I guess it's true, then -- they definitely had the selections so that the outcome would always have gay and straight mixed in to the next choice. I figured as much, but it's interesting to see it listed out.

    thanks again

  10. #20
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban
    The producers have been playing that "keep the straight guys on the show" since week 2.

    Week 2:
    Jim (S) Franklin (?) Sean (S) Dan (S)
    Wes (?) Michael (S) Robb (G) Paul (S)
    Matt (G) Brian (?) Marc (G) Darren (G)

    If you want to be sure you have plenty of straight guys and gay guys going forward, have one group of all straight guys and one group of all gay guys.

    Week 3:
    Michael (S) Sean (S) Robb (G)
    Darren (G) Brian (?) Matt (G)
    Franklink (?) Dan (S) Wes (?)

    Want to make sure that you have at least two straight guys going into week 4, put two straight guys together into two separate groups. That way even if James eliminates a straight guy from each of those groups (which he did by the way), you will still have two straight guys left.

    Week 4:
    Brian (?) Darren (G)
    Wes (?) Robb (G)
    Franklin (?) Sean (S)

    As Malan36 pointed out, the producers can guarantee a straight participant in week 5 by pairing two straight guys up together.

    The producers have been playing a game with their groupings since the second week. James was devastated because he had mistakenly chosen a straight guy to continue into week 5. He had no choice. In fact he's done a remarkably good job of eliminating straight guys every time the producers have given him a chance. In any grouping that had both straight and gay guys, he has *always* eliminated a straight guy.
    Here's another way to break this down.

    The producer's of the show probably figured that people would watch the pairing situations, since it's a new twist to the dating reality show genre. This, inturn, would open the door for accusations that they "fixed" the outcome, if they had an entirely straight group in each round.

    To prevent any such criticism, they could have decided to place at least one gay guy in a predominantly straight group, therefore assuring that several straights made it through to the next round. They could then argue that they never set James up to end up with a straight suitor, because he always had a gay choice.

    This theory. and I'm not saying it's right, would work if Wes is the straight guy, and Franklin is the gay one.

    It would then work out like this...

    Week 2:
    Jim (S) Franklin (G) Sean (S) Dan (S)
    Wes (S) Michael (S) Robb (G) Paul (S)
    Matt (G) Brian (G) Marc (G) Darren (G)

    Here, we have 2 predominantly straight groups...where one was let go, assuring straights make it through.

    Week 3:
    Michael (S) Sean (S) Robb (G)
    Darren (G) Brian (G) Matt (G)
    Franklink (G) Dan (S) Wes (S)

    Again, it works. The producers could claim they always had a gay guy in each group. Plus, if stereotypical gay guys were James appeal, he would have probably gotten rid of Franklin in this round, leaving 2 straights.

    Week 4:
    Brian (G) Darren (G)
    Wes (S) Robb (G)
    Franklin (G) Sean (S)

    Again, there's always a gay guy in the group. This is where the disclaimer at the end of the show comes into play. They have consulted with James prior to the eliminations, but the choices were James. The producers would have known, based on James' and Andra's statements, that he had little chemistry with Robb, so Wes would make it through, and that he couldn't figure Sean out, so he'd pick Franklin...allowing a 2 to 1 gay/straight finale.

    I know this is looking way into it, but no more so than the all gay group assumption. I just feel that the show, and it's producers, would be setting themselves up for major criticism far beyond what they've already heard, not to mention potential law suits, had they made it impossible for James to not wind up with a straight guy in the final 3.

    They also focussed so much attention on the date with Wes, that it's strange to think he'll be the ultimate winner. It was too leading for a reality show...in particular this one. Also, the kiss...James said to Wes specifically how important kissing is. If Wes wanted the money, of course he would kiss him...

    Just my two cents. Any thoughts about this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.