+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 08/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

I can't believe Franklin is straight

I am such a big fan of Boy Meets Boy and I wanted James and Franklin to end up together but after reviewing my vcr tape of the last episode, I believe Franklin is straight, James is looking at someone at his eye level , This really sucks, I think Franklin is adorable, I guess Wes get the last champaign glass unless he is a good actor, I can't wait until next week

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    i know! but the thing is that james just says that he had to assume that he (we're assuming franklin based on the eye level observation) was the straight guy, it doesnt necessarily mean he was the straight mate, but it most likely means he wasn't chosen in the end.

FORT Newbie
    OMG realKen, no you didn't LMAO. I'm not laughing at Brian, but the fact that someone other than myself saw this. I had to break myself down and say 'tiny human imperfections' though.

Quote Originally Posted by realKen

BRIAN:
    He is cute enough,
    but I noticed on one of his last interviews about the one-on-one
    that much more white of one eye shows than the other, which
    is squinty. I've noticed this before, but not as markedly as
    this last interview.

I adore James and Franklin together so I'm really hoping that he isn't the straight guy. I really can't tell if Franklin is the straight one yet because to me, his sexuality is very ambiguous. So now I'm just waiting for Tuesday's finale to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    If Wes is in fact the straight guy...he has the most to gain from being "on", demonstratively affectionate, and emotionally expressive, because as we all the know, the straight guy has been aware of the "twist" from the very beginning...Wes is the only one of the remaining three that seems to genuinely play it up for the camera (and subsequently James)...which leads me to believe that his motivations aren't solely to connect with the "leading man", but rather to "perform" as much as possible with film crew in tow...perhaps that's just his personality...Wes adores the lens, Franklin seems indifferent to it (perhaps that's because he's got his eyes solely on the prize?), and Brian seems genuinely inhibited by the presence of a camera (as if it's a minor road block preventing him from establishing a deeper rapport with James)...so of course the straight guy is going to be the most telegenic and endearing, which, in turn, makes the show all the more riveting...

As far as the selection process for the final three goes...I originally assumed that Franklin was the straight guy by default because he was paired with Sean...but keep in mind...the producers do consult with James before he makes his selection (or at least have some kind of input)...Wes was paired with Robb...now Robb also has a big personality and James could have very well picked him...but as Andra mentioned, Robb seemed to be the least compatible with James and she's been a very influential element in James' decision making process...not to mention the fact that he never got to spend any real uninterrupted time alone with Robb as opposed to Wes, who got way more one-on-one time in very romantic situations (hello?...breakfast in bed anyone!)...it was obvious that James would choose Franklin over Sean seeing as how James was the most physically attracted to him from the get-go (James is no saint, he's shallow like the rest of us!!)...a classic no brainer!!!... if I'm not mistaken, Brian was paired with Darren...now this was the most surprising choice because it appeared that James and Darren had some raw chemistry...but he slipped by quite a few gaydars on this board (mine included) and it would make the final set-up that much more confusing...it's a lot easier for James and the audience to have two of the remaining guys seem like the more stereotypically obvious gay men so that they can establish Franklin as "the straight guy"...so I get the impression that the final three were chosen beforehand and grouped accordingly so that they would be chosen...in short, they could have paired Franklin and Wes with anybody but each other and they would have made it to the final round...

How's that for a conspiracy theory?!

(keep in mind...I'm probably all wrong...but that's my overwhelming assumption thus far!)

Hey Rio Pacheco...it's AMAZING how smart you are and how much you think alike!! Haha...its actually scary that I can read what I'm about to say before even posting it! But yeah, great minds think alike I guess! Hahahaha...that soooo doesn't apply to me, but we can all pretend right

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellaluna
    I adore James and Franklin together so I'm really hoping that he isn't the straight guy. I really can't tell if Franklin is the straight one yet because to me, his sexuality is very ambiguous. So now I'm just waiting for Tuesday's finale to see what happens.
    He is the straight one... He's always been grouped with other straight mates by the producers.

Besides... watch his body language. He's putting on a good act, but...

FORT Newbie

I think you are right

Quote Originally Posted by fizban
    He is the straight one... He's always been grouped with other straight mates by the producers.

Besides... watch his body language. He's putting on a good act, but...

I was watching him on the tape and when Wes came in and said they kissed he said good for you, and in the last couple of episodes he seem to be jelous, and when Wes was walking away instead of thinking he was reading a book

FORT Newbie

Wow, who would have known

I was watching my tape and I observed several things., I think that Franklin was the only one who did not kiss James, he just hugged and walked away, I believe Brian and Wes both kissed James, after Wes was telling them about his date, and walked away Brian looked like he was thinking about what Wes said and Franklin was sitting there reading and finally, when Wes told them about the date and he told Brian and Franklin he kissed James, Franklin said, good for you, and the previous episodes it seemed like he was jealous of the others, Boy what a mystery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456