+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 08/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Now I'm so suspicious of the producers that I'm beginning to wonder if they cut out specific scenes that may have been of interest to us but were too in favor of one theory. Like if someone slipped up and said something that hinted at them being straight, or footage of more intimate conversations and scenes that would have given us too accurate an idea of how things would turn out...? I wish we could have seen more of each date -- I don't even care if they were a little boring! At this point I want to dissect everything that's been said! ARGH.

Quote Originally Posted by chase1291
    For example, when Franklin talked of "made up girfriends and coming out of the closet" it just did not seem like natural. It sort of reminded me of Sean's "Gay Revolution" comment. Any one else notice this?
    My problem with what he said is that, I would have thought a gay guy would have said "coming out" to another gay guy as oppose to "coming out of the closet" as I would to a straight or mixed audience. In other words, gay people automatically know what "coming out" means. There was no reason for Franklin to say "closet" then if he is indeed gay.

sean

FORT Regular

Resist the temptation!

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    Now I'm so suspicious of the producers that I'm beginning to wonder if they cut out specific scenes that may have been of interest to us but were too in favor of one theory. Like if someone slipped up and said something that hinted at them being straight, or footage of more intimate conversations and scenes that would have given us too accurate an idea of how things would turn out...? I wish we could have seen more of each date -- I don't even care if they were a little boring! At this point I want to dissect everything that's been said! ARGH.
    Trust me, I tried this earlier in the show foody. It will drive you absolutely freaking nuts! Nearly went blind trying to get close to the TV with scenes on freeze frame!

Resistance is futile! The producers have us exactly where they want us!

FF

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean
    My problem with what he said is that, I would have thought a gay guy would have said "coming out" to another gay guy as oppose to "coming out of the closet" as I would to a straight or mixed audience. In other words, gay people automatically know what "coming out" means. There was no reason for Franklin to say "closet" then if he is indeed gay.

sean

I totally noticed that too! It's like people in a certain biz speaking the lingo or using acronyms instead saying the entire thing.

I have read all that was said in this thread and I'm of a different opinon. I watched last night's episode twice and I now believe that the fauxmo (mate) is Brian H. Why you might ask? Two words -- BODY LANGUAGE. That is something that I believe editing can't really change.

Sent the show has started I have never seen any chemistry between James and Brian. The only time we are reminded the Brian is attracted to James is in voiceovers. James' dates with Franklin and Wes were pretty similar, but the one with Brian was totally different. They just looked like two guys just hanging out. I didn't even buy them as friends let alone lovers. Brian seemed extremely standoffish the entire time and defensive when James asked him questions for which he had no answers for. Now some of you were saying that about Wes' reaction to the ex-bf question, but that was different, because Wes had something to say almost immediately. He didn't want too much of his dating history to be broadcast on national TV. I would have reacted the same way.

As far as Wes being "on" all the time, do you all see how much alcohol is consumed on this show? Maybe, that's why he appears to be all over James a lot.

Now back to Brian. Boy, sure looks like he doesn't want to win James' affection to me. When has he tried? Ok, you could say that James hasn't been coming on to Brian either, but I think James is very going along with the vibes (aka body language) that he is getting from him.

Remember when Andra is told about the twist? She said "I sense there is something between Dan and Brian". Now, we know that Dan and Brian have been seen out in public together recently. Would Dan, a straight guy be really comfortable around a gay who has the hots for him? Maybe? But, I think the truth is that they are straight buddies and all the stuff we heard or were shown about them we made up.

Just my theory. Sorry to be so wordy.

Sean

I can't really figure out Brian right now, but thanks for you insight mrsean. It would be a surprise if he's the straight guy.

However, why would Brian openly admit he had a crush on Dan? Is it some sort of strategy? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    I can't really figure out Brian right now, but thanks for you insight mrsean. It would be a surprise if he's the straight guy.

However, why would Brian openly admit he had a crush on Dan? Is it some sort of strategy? ...

Exactly, I think that if Brian is really gay, he would have shown some concern about James finding out about his crush on Dan. Of course, this could have been lost in the editing. I think the whole crush thing was made up along with shower stuff in order to make Brian and Dan appear gay to us and the other mates.

Sean

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean
    Exactly, I think that if Brian is really gay, he would have shown some concern about James finding out about his crush on Dan. Of course, this could have been lost in the editing. I think the whole crush thing was made up along with shower stuff in order to make Brian and Dan appear gay to us and the other mates.

Sean
    I have to admit, I thought Brian was gay all along especially with the Dan thing going on, but now I'm thinking they were friends before the show started.

There is also the rumor that Brian is dating Shawna Landon, which I thought he was dating her gay brother Chris but I think I may have been wrong.

This is my prediction for the future: Dan and Brian are the biggest closet cases I've met and they'll end up together in the end. Bravo needs to work on a reunion show about 6 months from now.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by stopthemadness
    This is my prediction for the future: Dan and Brian are the biggest closet cases I've met and they'll end up together in the end. Bravo needs to work on a reunion show about 6 months from now.
    yay! reunion!

I've ALWAYS thought Brian was straight and Franklin a socially inept dater (alas I can painfully relate to that status) so I too found Brian's seeming indifference more evidence to go on the pile but its also true that the editors are completely in control of what you see so who knows. I'd offer one more arg for why it could be Brian- I've always found the hardcore bar people to be into a lot of fantasty roles (where you get to change your occupation, your dating history, in many ways even your personality you present to the outside world) so a bartender would be well qualified to go onto a dating show and be a whole new...Brian. I'll drop dead of shock if Wes isn't gay so I guess I better have some cpr equipment on hand just in case. The whole needed to pair two straights up thing does really disturb me and Brian was NOT a shoo in so the odds on Franklin have to still be pretty good but the last two shows I've just gotten the vibes that this is a sheltered rich kid who has ZERO clue on how to literally win someone's affection but realllllllllllllllly wants to.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast