+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 08/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    As James said, if Wes is straight, he really is a helluva actor; and I would despise him deeply. At least from what we are shown, he has been the most aggressive in trying to get a real romantic response from James. To do such a thing to someone for $25000 both chills the heart and turns the stomach.

The logic, though, still says that Franklin is the straight guy, having been paired with Sean in the final pick. Not only would the producers not have risked having an all-gay final three, but they would also not have risked having two straight guys there; and the choice of Franklin over Sean was not a sure bet. Franklin would be out for the money too, but he can't be accused of overplaying the role.

FORT Newbie
    I thought the episode was just okay, but I still think Wes is the straight one. He has made so many comments about gay karaoke, and how he wants viewers to see what real gay men are compared to the stereotypes. Would the producers have showed this, if he was gay?...I don't know my gadar isn't really that dependable.

FORT Newbie

Thru the eyes of a slut

I actually have enjoyed the show tremendously.. I think back , could i have ever been able to retain enough innocence to be able to participate in such a show ...sure if i were still 11

If i were James i would have been all over those last 3 and the truth would not have to be spoken ...except the gutteral groan from the cameraman for having been subjected to it all. (i remember i did click "agree" when i signed on, i have not gotten explicit :p )

I really think in my own minds eye that Wes is as gay as they come. His pretense for emotional expansion is a bit overwhelming but he is genuine. I think he would become bored very quickly with a partnered life. Until perhaps he manages to find someone much more excitable than himself.

The real straight man is Brian... too too easy to fall for a Bartender and be fooled by "Last call" ..a shirtless bartender no-less.

I am rooting for Franklin. He carries that feeling of "20 years from now it felt like just yesterday" Sure the hair is still a mess, a slight belly now, more wrinkles.....but something about that quiet nature lets you know he is home and is not intending to be anywhere but where you are.

I relish this show because at 40 years of age i still wonder what a gay date would be like

It seems like the producers/editors were trying to raise the audience's suspicion about Brian this evening...ultimately they failed miserably...to me he came off as the most sincere and the only "sure thing" at this point...and I found it ironic that we weren't privy to a close-up of their brief kiss when they got out of the limo at the end of the date, while (in contrast) the camera lingered lovingly on the smooch between Wes and James...I have a feeling that whoever the straight guy is, his interaction with James will get the most camera time because that seems to be the purpose of the show...to see how convincing the straight guy is at winning over the poor, unsuspecting gay guy...like one of the other posters mentioned...the magic's in the editing and from my observation, I felt that the entire episode was framed around James' date with Wes, while the other two dates subsequently paled in comparison (they may not have been designed that way, but that's how they were presented)...

At any rate, I'm not completely sold on Wes and I'm still hesitant about blindly assuming that Franklin is the remaining straight guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    It seems like the producers/editors were trying to raise the audience's suspicion about Brian this evening...ultimately they failed miserably...to me he came off as the most sincere and the only "sure thing" at this point...and I found it ironic that we weren't privy to a close-up of their brief kiss when they got out of the limo at the end of the date, while (in contrast) the camera lingered lovingly on the smooch between Wes and James...I have a feeling that whoever the straight guy is, his interaction with James will get the most camera time because that seems to be the purpose of the show...to see how convincing the straight guy is at winning over the poor, unsuspecting gay guy...like one of the other posters mentioned...the magic's in the editing and from my observation, I felt that the entire episode was framed around James' date with Wes, while the other two dates subsequently paled in comparison (they may not have been designed that way, but that's how they were presented)...

At any rate, I'm not completely sold on Wes and I'm still hesitant about blindly assuming that Franklin is the remaining straight guy...
    WOW...I had no idea I was thinking the same exact thing until I read what you said...and it makes total sense to me now! They DID try and portray Brian as the least likely to have a winning connection with James, but I do think that he was quite sincere and genuine, and James' comments on Brian and his date with him were nothing less than positive. Andra was also quite excited to find out that James and Brian had kissed...To me, he seems like a sure bet, and even James admitted that it would be fun to have a vacation with Brian...With everyone picking Wes and Frankling...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Brian wins James' heart next week.

Franklin did come off as less of a straight guy to me in this episode. James had his suspicions early on, like the rest of us, automatically thinking that of the 3, Franklin HAD to be the straight one. But Franklin, during his date with James, did come off as sincere and I think that Franklin's intentions are feelings are genuine when it comes to James. Both enjoyed their time and the spa and during their dinner. It would be hard to believe that Franklin was putting on an act...I think that Franklin will in fact, be revealed as gay next week, and that he will be disappointed when James does not choose him in the finale...

And finally it comes to Wes...As much as I like to say how adorable he is and what a great match he COULD make with James...I am highly suspicious that our favorite Wes will be the straight mate...Throughout the episode, it just seemed more and more as if he were putting on an act, and that he was hiding something. He totally blew that one question about his last boyfriend, I think, and that even his reaching out for James' hand and the kiss at the end of the date were hard to believe after watching the other 2 dates...Although it would be very easy and believeable for James to pick Wes, I think the viewing public will be disappointed to find that Wes will be the straight guy, but I think James also will come to his senses, and not give Wes that 25 grand. Sorry Wes, we all love ya, but James deserves true love, and that is something I don't think you can offer him!

It's funny how my opinions change between every episode isn't it? But I'm sticking to my guns this time

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie
    People talk about the "cruelty" of putting James in this position but how many of the millions who watched last week would have done so had all the participants been gay? The viewing public doesn't want to see a nicey nice everything is wonderful type show. They want a Garden of Eden where pleasure and risk coincide much as they do in real life.

i agree that brian is james' "safe" pick-- but the show sure hasn't shown the "connection" there

i just don't dig Wes at all-- i'm hoping our newbie daysfan is correct-- by th way, days, you make-a me laugh
    can you help me OUT?

FORT Newbie
    a couple of things:

1)if wes is straight, the producers were taking an epic chance by not putting him with a straight guy on the last eliminations-- do you really think they would take the risk of having the big twist be "uh, well, there were some straight guys here, but they're gone now. carry on."? it seems unlikely to me (of course, i also love wes, so i'm biased)...

2)am i the only one who was really annoyed with andra for making the big twist all about her? what was with that?! "i'm the one who is being made a fool of on tv! not you!" um, he's dating a straight guy, andra, i think his problem is slightly bigger than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter7777
    People talk about the "cruelty" of putting James in this position but how many of the millions who watched last week would have done so had all the participants been gay? The viewing public doesn't want to see a nicey nice everything is wonderful type show. They want a Garden of Eden where pleasure and risk coincide much as they do in real life.
    Not for me thanks. Because pleasure, risk, hardships, and cruelty coincide in real life, I would like a little relief from it when possible.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sakana
    a couple of things:

2)am i the only one who was really annoyed with andra for making the big twist all about her? what was with that?! "i'm the one who is being made a fool of on tv! not you!" um, he's dating a straight guy, andra, i think his problem is slightly bigger than yours.
    I have to side with Andra on this. At this point I don't think James had told her he didn't know about the twist until just then. Also, when you think about it, the winners both get something. No matter what, James gets a trip, or a trip and 25K, and if the straight guy wins, he gets 25K. Andra gets nothing. She's been used, and doesn't get compensated for anything.

Though, I will admit, it was a little too much about her. Then again, who knows how I'd react in a similar situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast