+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMB Leading Man James Chooses His Mate On 09/02 Finale

BMB Leading Man James Chooses His Mate On 09/02 Finale

'BOY MEETS BOY' LEADING MAN JAMES CHOOSES HIS MATE DURING BRAVO SEASON FINALE ON SEPTEMBER 2

BURBANK, Calif. -- August 25, 2003 -- James, the handsome leading man on the Bravo’s Network’s “Boy Meets Boy,” -- television’s first gay-dating reality show -- will finally choose his mate during the finale episode on Tuesday, Sept. 2 (9-10 p.m. ET) on Bravo.

Over the past five weeks, James has narrowed down his choices from 15 potential mates, to three: Franklin, the wine steward from Wisconsin; Wes, the fundraiser from California, and Brian, the music coordinator/bartender from Colorado. In the end, James must choose only one. As if that decision wasn’t hard enough, James must also cope with the fact that one of the remaining three mates are actually straight, without revealing the twist to any of them -- or directly asking about their sexually orientation.

Throughout the entire summer series, the audience at home has been able to see which mates are gay or straight as were eliminated from the show. However, in episode 5, James and Andra, his friend and adviser, finally find out that some of the mates are straight. If James selects a gay man in the finale, the couple will win an all expense-paid dream vacation, and James will receive a $25,000 cash prize. However, if James selects a straight “mate” the straight man will receive a $25,000 cash prize.

The August 19 episode of “Boy Meets Boy” generated its highest results in three weeks - 958,000 viewers among adults 25-54, 1.0 million viewers among adults 18-49, and 1.2 million viewers overall with a 1.29 household rating. “Boy Meets Boy” improved by 20 percent among adults 25-54 over the previous week and by 17 percent in overall total viewers.

"Boy Meets Boy" is produced by Evolution Film & Tape, Inc. in association with Bravo. Douglas Ross is co-creator and executive producer and Tom Campbell is co-creator and co-executive producers for Evolution with Kirk Marcolina as co-executive producer. Ross and Evolution produced the series "Gay Weddings" for Bravo last year.

Bravo, an NBC Cable Network since December 2002, is currently seen in more than 70 million homes and was the first service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. Today, Bravo offers innovative arts and entertainment programming with a unique point of view featuring original series, feature films (both independent and mainstream), theater, dance, music and documentaries. Bravo boasts critically acclaimed original programming -- including “Inside the Actors Studio” hosted by James Lipton, “Cirque du Soleil Fire Within” and this summer’s breakout hit “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.” For more information visit www.bravotv.com.

ant
    FORT Fan
    wow... is there voting tonite though?

I know nothing - that was a direct press release from Bravo.

What would people vote on?

ant
    FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I know nothing - that was a direct press release from Bravo.

What would people vote on?
    damn them lol... these twists are maddening! well im off to see the wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by ant
    wow... is there voting tonite though?
    This would be where I go "see, I said that in my 'Has anyone considered this?' thread!

I have thought for a while that tonight will just get us TO the last elimination, and then cliffhang us there. Exactly where they stop it really depends on what they plan on doing in the last episode, though. But I don't think we'll see James eliminate anyone, nor will we find out who's gay and who's straight this week.

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Notice how the print reads "season finale" and not series finale!

+ Reply to Thread