+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple logic on who's straight

Simple logic on who's straight

I think the shows producers knew there were two straight guys left last week so they paired them off together (Sean and Franklin) in the elimination so James would have to leave one straight guy in the final three. This is the only way they would be able to play on the "twist", otherwise why wait to the final three to drop the bomb.

James could have eliminated both straight guys with the last elimination and they could not take that chance. (Unless James has been in on it.) They have been somewhat in control from the very beginning. I hate this show but can't help watching cause I wanna know too. Hope they do it right next time by just playing it queer and leaving the straight guys at home.

If I was James or the other non-players, I would walk off the show then and now. It may take awhile but I can make my own $25K and get to New Zealand someday! Just that kind of a queer!

DanPaul! I agree with your reasoning re: making sure a straight guy will make it to the final three. I had suspicions re: Wes when he was very convincing in his conversation with James during breakfast re: choosing the person with the best potential. That also just could have been to win anyway. (I don't like deception. Because I can be trusted, I want to be able to trust the other person. Of course, that's not the way it always work )

We shall see what they give us tonight.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=danpaul]I think the shows producers knew there were two straight guys left last week so they paired them off together (Sean and Franklin) in the elimination so James would have to leave one straight guy in the final three.

I've been following this line of thought as mentioned in various threads, and I pretty much agree with it. However, for the first time I'm also wondering if a second motive might also have been possible. What if Sean and Franklin (assuming that Franklin is straight) were paired together to reduce the risk of James picking TWO straight guys for the final 3, and the only way to prevent THAT from happening was to pair both straight guys together.

Actually, I still agree with your original theory, but as insidious as it is that the producers manipulated the groupings to insure that one straight guy made it into the finals, imagine how much worse it would be if two of the final 3 ended up being straight. Eeeek!

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    the only thing is that the gay guys dont know there is a straight amongst them and the straight and gay guys dont know that james knows! did that make sense?

FORT Newbie
    Hollywood finish: James picks Wes. Wes tells everyone, "I told the producers I'm straight. But I fooled them; did you know I'm an actor? I'm also a fund-raiser, and this $25K goes to AIDS research. James, would you still like to go to New Zealand together?"

Okay, I'm an incurable romantic. That's why this show hurts so much. What horrible people could conceive of such a thing?

Phlex, that is so cool!!! It also made me LOL at this miserable situation. Thank you!

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=FoolMeOnce]
    Quote Originally Posted by danpaul
    I think the shows producers knew there were two straight guys left last week so they paired them off together (Sean and Franklin) in the elimination so James would have to leave one straight guy in the final three.

I've been following this line of thought as mentioned in various threads, and I pretty much agree with it. However, for the first time I'm also wondering if a second motive might also have been possible. What if Sean and Franklin (assuming that Franklin is straight) were paired together to reduce the risk of James picking TWO straight guys for the final 3, and the only way to prevent THAT from happening was to pair both straight guys together.

Actually, I still agree with your original theory, but as insidious as it is that the producers manipulated the groupings to insure that one straight guy made it into the finals, imagine how much worse it would be if two of the final 3 ended up being straight. Eeeek!
    Agreed on just about every point. IMO, there were two straight guys (at least) last week because the producers specifically made certain of it.

The reason I feel that Franklin must be the straight one is that the producers probably couldn't have taken the chance of splitting up the straight guys (Sean and Franklin) last week. It would have been completely crappy for James to have two straight guys in the final three. But I just don't trust Wes for some reason. Last night he said something about the type of "person" he would go out with, or be attracted to (I don't recall the sentence) - and somehow I think a gay man would have used the word "guy" or "man." Since it appears obvious that Wes really is the fundraiser from the Center in San Diego (where I knew people years ago), he could certainly be a gay-friendly person who is a great actor. But if that's the case, and he continues blithely to try to fool a nice guy like James, then he's a toad.

While I don't see Brian as all that great a match for James, he is sweet and he doesn't seem so competitive as the other two. I guess that's what bothers me about Wes and Franklin - their overwhelming desire to WIN. Not to win James, but to win the game.

I keep hoping that Andra and James figured out the producers' motives and how they manipulated things. Early in last night's episode, Andra and James were wondering how James' gaydar could have failed him. Other than the obvious reason that he was led to believe (or possibly told outright) that they were all gay - so why should he be suspicious? - the producers forced James to keep straight guys in the mix by making him pick amongst groups selected by the producers.

Personally, I would have watched this show without this mean twist, and I'll bet a lot of other people would have, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    But I just don't trust Wes for some reason. Last night he said something about the type of "person" he would go out with, or be attracted to (I don't recall the sentence) - and somehow I think a gay man would have used the word "guy" or "man."
    As a gay man, I think I can speak to this point. I say "person" sometimes and "guy" sometimes. We don't have to PROVE our homosexuality by saying "guy" every time we talk, and many of us ARE careful about saying it in public places where it may not be so safe to say, so sometimes even in private we can say "person" just because we say it all the time anyway. So I don't think you can really read anything into the use of the word. If there's an uncomfortable pause before the use of the word you might have something, but I don't recall Wes having that sort of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    Since it appears obvious that Wes really is the fundraiser from the Center in San Diego (where I knew people years ago), he could certainly be a gay-friendly person who is a great actor. But if that's the case, and he continues blithely to try to fool a nice guy like James, then he's a toad.
    What would make a straight Franklin or Brian any less of a toad than a striaght Wes? At this point WHOEVER the guy is, he's been pretty deceitful... I just hope that in the end whatever he has to say about WHY he did it makes me feel better about him.

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    What would make a straight Franklin or Brian any less of a toad than a striaght Wes? At this point WHOEVER the guy is, he's been pretty deceitful... I just hope that in the end whatever he has to say about WHY he did it makes me feel better about him.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    [QUOTE=jsciv]As a gay man, I think I can speak to this point. I say "person" sometimes and "guy" sometimes. We don't have to PROVE our homosexuality by saying "guy" every time we talk, and many of us ARE careful about saying it in public places where it may not be so safe to say, so sometimes even in private we can say "person" just because we say it all the time anyway. So I don't think you can really read anything into the use of the word. If there's an uncomfortable pause before the use of the word you might have something, but I don't recall Wes having that sort of problem.

And remember that Wes said he found it romantic when a "GUY" cooked for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast