+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple logic on who's straight

DFE
    FORT Newbie

Likely, but not for sure

[QUOTE=danpaul]I think the shows producers knew there were two straight guys left last week so they paired them off together (Sean and Franklin) in the elimination so James would have to leave one straight guy in the final three. This is the only way they would be able to play on the "twist", otherwise why wait to the final three to drop the bomb.

It does seem the most logical. But yet, where is the drama for the audience? It may be this simple or may not be. Plus there is one factor that you are over looking. The producers had a pretty good idea of who James was going to keep. At the end of every episode it clearly states that the producers have discussed the choices of elimination with the leading man but the actual choice was his. That means to me they had a pretty good idea of who the top 2 guy were in Jame's mind. For example lets assume that James told them that his two favorits were Wes and Franklin. The producers would then know that they were going to be in the last group no matter who they were pared with, as long as it wasn't each other. If either Wes or Franklin is straight, then they knew they were going to get one of each and the only question is who the third guy would be. Therefore the producers might have choosen to split them up so they would have at least one straight and one gay guy left. Everyone assumes that they were trying to keep one straight guy, but I think it is the other way around, they were trying to keep at least one gay guy. I don't think they would have had any trouble telling James that two of his finalist were straight and he had to figure out the one gay guy who was genuinely interested in him.

FORT Regular
    Straight or not, IMO, it seems like James doesn't have a connection with any of the remaining three.

I think the straight guy is Brian, the fundraiser/bartender

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dottie20
    Straight or not, IMO, it seems like James doesn't have a connection with any of the remaining three.

I agree with BOTH points Dottie20! I've been thinking it's Brian too, for a while now. But after reading the "Brian" thread.....I'm not too convinced it's him. I think I'll stick w/him as the str8 guy tho.

Also, I think James isn't interested in any of them. He'll be nice to them, and say nicity-nices about them...but deep down, he won't end up with any of them 3.

FORT Newbie

I also think the straight guy is Brian because both Wes and Franklin cried when they read the notes from the guys who departed, but Brian did not cry. My guess is that gay men are more sensitive and cry easier than straight men.

FORT Newbie
    I've thought alot about Wes and Franklin crying-- I was thinking that maybe the straight guy was feeling a little guilty about what he's doing. How could they not-- James seems to be such a nice guy and they are totally misleading him, esp. if the straight is Wes.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by prolisa
    I also think the straight guy is Brian because both Wes and Franklin cried when they read the notes from the guys who departed, but Brian did not cry. My guess is that gay men are more sensitive and cry easier than straight men.
    ... my brother cries at Walt Disney movies and he's straight!

I too think Brian is the straight guy... A lot of people have expressed their frustration that Brian hasn't DONE anything. With Brian being the personality type that he is, maybe this is his way of not actively being a horrible person by deceiving James. Sort of 'lying by omission'. He's asked James about how he's dealing with the 'game' and sympathized that it was a "difficult decision". This attitude sounds like someone who is watching from the sides, but not participating. He doesn't sound like he's engaging in the conversation, but more reacting to james's advances/questions. He couldn't come up with an answer to James question about what his secret is.

Quote Originally Posted by prolisa
    Puullleeease.... I cry no more than a straight guy would. Heck, my father is more weepy than I am a lot of the time.

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    Puullleeease.... I cry no more than a straight guy would. Heck, my father is more weepy than I am a lot of the time.

-- Joe
    I know that straight men cry but my guess is that most gay men would cry more easily. Wes and Franklin were really overcome with emotion and crying quite a bit whereas straight men tend to try to hide their feelings, especially in public, and at the most have tears in their eyes but rarely sob in public, especially over a note from a male friend. There are always exceptions, of course.

FORT Newbie

Get Real

not all gay me cry Gee

Not all gay men cry GEE
    I think Franklin is Gay. He has done more natutral gay things, not the Sterotype. He put his hand across the table so that it might be taken the other night. He held his had up to his mouth the other night when surprised. Bryan could be straight ,but I don't think so. He did say (when I came out of the closet, NO gay says when I came out of the close, It's when I came out. He has those gay eyes and smile. Wes is the one he will pick. If you remember the sceen where James was told about the str8 one, well remember his tone of his voice. The same tone of Jame's voice you hear when he hands the guy (whom ever it is that he pick at the last show ) is the same tone. SO what I'm saying is he picks the striaght guy and its WES. I hope that no gay man really acts like that. I know I dont and none of my friends.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    My simple logic on this point, after watching the marathon all day, is that there is no logic and there is no way to figure it out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast