+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holding my breath

Okay, I just wanted to follow up to my own post:

I'm better now. Somehow tonight managed to calm me down and get me over the evilness of the setup. I think watching the reactions and then watching James moved on eased my mind on things a lot. So I can breathe again!

So if Franklin is the straight one, I'll be annoyed with him for deceiving James, but if Wes is I'll have some serious respect for him. Why? Because from day one I've been watching Wes for signs of straight-ness and never seen any. So if he really is straight he deserves to be paid for those acting skills! How cynical is that?

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    So if Franklin is the straight one, I'll be annoyed with him for deceiving James, but if Wes is I'll have some serious respect for him. Why? Because from day one I've been watching Wes for signs of straight-ness and never seen any. So if he really is straight he deserves to be paid for those acting skills! How cynical is that?

-- Joe
    Strangely, I'd be more mad at Wes than at Franklin for turning out to be the straight ringer. (Although I would certainly agree that he has excellent acting skills.) The reason is that he clearly has gay friends, has worked in a gay-friendly setting, etc. If he hangs with gay people and yet is willing to try to fool one of them for money, I find that really objectionable. He should know better than that.

All the same, I'm pretty sure he's gay. But the comment that he doesn't appear to have female friends is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    All the same, I'm pretty sure he's gay. But the comment that he doesn't appear to have female friends is worrisome.
    ???

Not every gay man has female friends. I have one woman I'm friends with, but she's not a fag hag by any means -- like my other friends I see her from time to time and do stuff with her. The rest of my friends here in CA are male (of both orientations). You're falling prey to the same stereotypes that the show's pointing out aren't always true....

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12