+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, so when the show's over?

OK, so when the show's over?

what happens?

1. how soon before re-runs?
    2. some kind of tour? hopefully not karaoke-- maybe cowboy dancing parties
    3. how long before Pt. II? new city right? hopefully not NY, probably Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, i'm betting
    4. where do you folks go to MsgBd wise? i watch QEye for entertainment, but otherwise i'm not really a Reality Show guy... i'd like to find a good grl discussion msg bd as an outlet tho
    5. How long before Franklin discovers i'm perfect for him and shows up at my door? be nice
    can you help me OUT?

1) There's only about two more reruns for each episode. Go to Bravotv.com and check the schedule for BMB. (I still need to record the first four episodes! Agh)

2) Tour? Maybe. Some of the guys already gave interviews and stuff, like Robb, Wes, Brian A., Jason, and Dan went on a 3 hour radio tour.

3) Who knows. There might be a Girl Meets Girl if BMB is successful.

4) What message boards? I go to any. I joined this board 'cause of BMB, because this was the only place I could find discussion for it.

5)

I don't know if this is true or not but this was posted by Billy Masters, a gossip columnist on Filth2Go:

"I don't know if BMB will be back for another season, but Bravo has announced that they will do a straight version of the show, with the exact same twist - EXCEPT that the bachelorette will be told in advance that some of the guys are gay. "

Gee, seems kind of unfairs doesn't it, unless of course, half of her mates are gay. I've also heard, through the grapevine, that Bravo, at this time, does not expect to do another season of BMB.

There's a poster on here that had said as much (that there are no plans for another BMB).

I've also heard about the show you're talking about. It was mentioned on advocate.com. Here's the article, but it was for Fox, not Bravo:

-------------------------------------
    New dating show on Fox to feature gay twist

The Fox network is preparing a new reality dating show with a twist reminiscent of Bravo's Boy Meets Boy, reports Variety. While Boy features a gay man looking for love and not knowing right away that some of the potential mates are straight, the new Fox show (set on a dude ranch) will feature a single woman choosing from a pool of single men, some of whom are gay. If the woman--who is aware that some in the dating pool are gay--chooses a straight guy, she wins the cash prize; if a gay man fools her, he wins it. The show, tentatively titled Who Will She Choose? has been in production for several months. No airdate has yet been scheduled.
    ----------------------------------------

-- Joe

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    There's a poster on here that had said as much (that there are no plans for another BMB).

I've also heard about the show you're talking about. It was mentioned on advocate.com. Here's the article, but it was for Fox, not Bravo:

-------------------------------------
    New dating show on Fox to feature gay twist

The Fox network is preparing a new reality dating show with a twist reminiscent of Bravo's Boy Meets Boy, reports Variety. While Boy features a gay man looking for love and not knowing right away that some of the potential mates are straight, the new Fox show (set on a dude ranch) will feature a single woman choosing from a pool of single men, some of whom are gay. If the woman--who is aware that some in the dating pool are gay--chooses a straight guy, she wins the cash prize; if a gay man fools her, he wins it. The show, tentatively titled Who Will She Choose? has been in production for several months. No airdate has yet been scheduled.
    ----------------------------------------

-- Joe
    I find two men kissing funner to watch than your average dating reality show. Down with this bachelorette.

Bleah, BMB ripoff. I don't know if I'll watch it, because the twist is just like BMB.

I was trying to decide if I would do something like that. I mean, I think we have more practice acting like we're attracted to the opposite sex than straight guys have acting like us, so it could be interesting to do. I can't decide if it'd be more like "going back in the closet" (which I don't want to do) or "acting in order to get a prize" (which wouldn't be so bad). Still, it's an interesting idea.

Will I watch? Probably. But that's just because I'm a reality TV junkie and only end up NOT watching reality shows that I've watched once and not liked.

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    4. where do you folks go to MsgBd wise? i watch QEye for entertainment, but otherwise i'm not really a Reality Show guy... i'd like to find a good grl discussion msg bd as an outlet tho
    The one board I've been going to before coming here to discuss BMB and other shows is:

http://www.dreamcapsforums.com/forums/

It's sort of a gay themed/cute guy pics admirer forum but there's some known str8 grls there and a lot of different shows are discussed (usually cuz there's a cute guy in it).

thanks, yankee mate
    can you help me OUT?

Gay TV Fan

Press Release from Bravo:

Press Release from Bravo:

'BOY MEETS BOY' LEADING MAN JAMES CHOOSES HIS MATE DURING BRAVO SEASON FINALE ON SEPTEMBER 2

BURBANK, Calif. -- August 25, 2003 -- James, the handsome leading man on the Bravo’s Network’s “Boy Meets Boy,” -- television’s first gay-dating reality show -- will finally choose his mate during the finale episode on Tuesday, Sept. 2 (9-10 p.m. ET) on Bravo.

Over the past five weeks, James has narrowed down his choices from 15 potential mates, to three: Franklin, the wine steward from Wisconsin; Wes, the fundraiser from California, and Brian, the music coordinator/bartender from Colorado. In the end, James must choose only one. As if that decision wasn’t hard enough, James must also cope with the fact that one of the remaining three mates are actually straight, without revealing the twist to any of them -- or directly asking about their sexually orientation.

Throughout the entire summer series, the audience at home has been able to see which mates are gay or straight as were eliminated from the show. However, in episode 5, James and Andra, his friend and adviser, finally find out that some of the mates are straight. If James selects a gay man in the finale, the couple will win an all expense-paid dream vacation, and James will receive a $25,000 cash prize. However, if James selects a straight “mate” the straight man will receive a $25,000 cash prize.

The August 19 episode of “Boy Meets Boy” generated its highest results in three weeks - 958,000 viewers among adults 25-54, 1.0 million viewers among adults 18-49, and 1.2 million viewers overall with a 1.29 household rating. “Boy Meets Boy” improved by 20 percent among adults 25-54 over the previous week and by 17 percent in overall total viewers.

"Boy Meets Boy" is produced by Evolution Film & Tape, Inc. in association with Bravo. Douglas Ross is co-creator and executive producer and Tom Campbell is co-creator and co-executive producers for Evolution with Kirk Marcolina as co-executive producer. Ross and Evolution produced the series "Gay Weddings" for Bravo last year.

Bravo, an NBC Cable Network since December 2002, is currently seen in more than 70 million homes and was the first service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. Today, Bravo offers innovative arts and entertainment programming with a unique point of view featuring original series, feature films (both independent and mainstream), theater, dance, music and documentaries. Bravo boasts critically acclaimed original programming -- including “Inside the Actors Studio” hosted by James Lipton, “Cirque du Soleil Fire Within” and this summer’s breakout hit “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.” For more information visit www.bravotv.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast