+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, so when the show's over?

ant
    FORT Fan
    i'm so glad for bmb success. it's an entertaining show!

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    James must also cope with the fact that one of the remaining three mates are actually straight, without revealing the twist to any of them -- or directly asking about their sexually orientation
    I wonder who thought up that ridiculous stipulation? Isn't the whole point of James going on the show is to find a compatible mate? Perhaps the producers liked it best when James stuck to asking inane questions of the bachelor's like what their favorite music was or what they'd pick to have while stranded on a deserted island. Hopefully James will just throw conservatism out the window, lock lips and french kiss the final 3. If he wants to find out someone's true motives he should just privately whisper to each suggesting he's ready to quit the game and offer the other guy to do the same and they ride off into the sunset sacrificing the prize for their love. It might indirectly reveal who would go to what lengths for love and who would rather "win." Enough pussy footing James!

Yankee Mate has got a point. From what I've seen, that doesn't seem to fit his character, but it sure would work. I wonder if there is anything in the contract re: the leading man giving a "real kiss" to the contestants. A little lip locking and form molding would just do the trick! Seriously, he did tell Wes how kissing was very important to him.

ant
    FORT Fan

it's his nature

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMate
    I wonder who thought up that ridiculous stipulation? Isn't the whole point of James going on the show is to find a compatible mate? Perhaps the producers liked it best when James stuck to asking inane questions of the bachelor's like what their favorite music was or what they'd pick to have while stranded on a deserted island. Hopefully James will just throw conservatism out the window, lock lips and french kiss the final 3. If he wants to find out someone's true motives he should just privately whisper to each suggesting he's ready to quit the game and offer the other guy to do the same and they ride off into the sunset sacrificing the prize for their love. It might indirectly reveal who would go to what lengths for love and who would rather "win." Enough pussy footing James!
    yeah james is too accomodating, but lest we forget it's his training. that's how he deals with people. he's mastered the art of public relations. he's not an HR exec for nothing.

I wonder if there is anything in the contract re: the leading man giving a "real kiss" to the contestants.
    For some reason I still have this saved in my fave folder...

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20030527_21.html

Bravo to Keep Gay Reality Date
    May 27
    — By Andrew Wallenstein

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC-owned Bravo will court viewers this summer with American television's first primetime gay-themed reality dating series.

Similar in format to ABC's "The Bachelor," "Boy Meets Boy" features an eligible man looking for love in a pool of 15 potential mates. But in a twist worthy of the bogus baron on Fox's "Joe Millionaire," some of the suitors are actually heterosexual men who were paid by the program to pretend to be gay -- unbeknownst to the eligible bachelor.

"I think this will be truly groundbreaking television," said series executive producer and co-creator Douglas Ross. "One of the reasons we decided to take the basic dating format and throw in this twist is that we wanted the show to appeal to a broader audience."

The six-episode "Boy" will premiere on Bravo in July at a date and time to be determined. In each episode, the bachelor will interact with the other men on group and one-on-one dates and gradually eliminate those he isn't interested in until one winner remains.

While the actual sexual orientation of at least one contestant will be disclosed at the outset to viewers -- but not the bachelor -- the identity of some of the others will not be revealed until the bachelor himself finds out. The exact number of heterosexual suitors was not divulged by Bravo, nor was the sum the network paid.
    Any sexual intimacy beyond kissing was strictly prohibited on "Boy," which was shot from May 9-17 in a pair of homes in Palm Springs.

The bachelor was identified as a 32-year-old from southern California who works in the human resources division of a law firm. "Boy" is hosted by Dani Behr ("Extra").

Ross believes "Boy" is a fun but serious sociological exploration of male stereotypes that enlightened the show's participants and will do the same for viewers.

"Several of the straight men have very intense experiences," he said, declining to divulge specific behavior. "We anticipate a lot of both gay and straight viewers will have their assumptions challenged about what it means to be gay and what it means to be straight."

Homosexual dating has been featured in segments on several syndicated dating series, but there has never been an exclusively gay dating series in primetime.

Bravo has explored gay themes in past programming including "Gay Weddings," which was also produced by Ross' Evolution Film & Tape banner. Another new series coming to the cable network's schedule in July is "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," which follows a team of gay males as they counsel fashion-challenged straight men.

In other Bravo programming news, a batch of new specials will premiere in July and August. "The 34th Annual Songwriter's Hall of Fame" will be broadcast for the second consecutive year on Bravo, with honorees including Clive Davis, Van Morrison and Little Richard. "Songwriter" airs July 9 at 9 p.m.

On July 27, the two-hour documentary "Singing in the Shadows: The Children of Rock Royalty" profiles the struggling progeny of such acclaimed musicians as Carly Simon and James Taylor, Ozzy Osbourne, Arlo Guthrie, John Lennon and Aretha Franklin.

On Aug. 24, "Desilu" examines how the professional and personal lives of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz intersected. Another two-hour special, "The Animated Century," chronicles 100 years of cartoon films ranging from Disney classics to Japanese anime.

FORT Regular

Another vote for serious liplocking

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMate
    For some reason I still have this saved in my fave folder...
    http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20030527_21.html
    I have to second that idea, YankeeMate. That would have given James the best indication he could get from these guys. And without being too vulgar, I don't see anything there prohibiting a kiss in the form of a vertical tonsilectomy. :slobber

That would certainly have told him who was into what, and whether or not he even liked kissing them - which he said was important.

Yes, that would have been just the ticket. Some serious face sucking and genuine romantic hugging.

Guess we'll see which tactic James chose tomorrow - or maybe next week.

FranFan

you know, james was described in episode 1 as "very competitive", which of course a shy boy can still be.... and he has shown flashes of it in questioning... don't count on him not wanting to win ... both the right boy and the money [altho' the money i would agree is very secondary, the "twist" will most likely bring out more of his competitive nature-- he won't want the "deceiver" walking away with the 25 G's]
    can you help me OUT?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12