+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Theories

FORT Regular

Theories

I'm new to the group. My obsession with the show just sank in this week.

Does anyone find it odd that Brian has been mostly under the radar??? We haven't really seen him much throughout the series, other than checking Dan's ass out in the shower...and he was the straight one. The other 2 finalists, Wes and Franklin, have been front and center from the get go. Strange, don't you think???

Brian, after all, is a shirtless bartender. Now, as we all know, many a straight man tends bar for the boys, because they know tips will be much better. And...if this is the case, he'd know better than anyone how to "fake" it enough, to pass off as gay. He did say he "studied" for his one on one. He did bring up if someone wasn't being honest when speaking with James. Etc. He also mentioned he has a "regular" job and just bartends for the extra money. That seems like a guy who'd go for the 25K.

I will admit that Franklin would be my final pick, because he's so damn cute, sincere, and seems the most interesting. So, yes, I'm biased. i don't want him to be straight. But, it all seems too easy for this tricky little show, to make him the straight one.

Also, don't you think they may have placed the Wes teasers, where he says "What makes you think I'm gay?" to throw you off, to think that he must be gay? I mean, after all, why would they show him...it would be obvious...so he can't be. Does that make sense?

Any thoughts???

To be honest, I just think Franklin's the straight one and I think at this point I've read all the arguments every which-a-way on this thing and still believe it's Franklin, so I'll just have to wait until Tuesday (or even the following Tuesday!) to find out.

I appreciate that you want him to be gay, as I do too. From the beginning, I thought he was adorable. But now that they've given him more airtime, I just don't see it.

As to Brian being mostly under the radar -- no, I think he's been just as prominent as the other two. I just think that since he's a quieter person you only feel that he's been flying under the radar. But they've given him plenty of screen time. I remember those blazing white teeth getting plenty of play.

-- Joe

FORT Regular
    Smatt,

I mentioned the same thing about Brian in an earlier post. A lot of straight guys both in NYC and DC bartend at gay bars because they know the tips are good. They definitely know how to play to their customers.

Smart
    No matter who James chooses, the whole thing already seems tainted.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Smart
    No matter who James chooses, the whole thing already seems tainted.
    Well, this put the nail in my theory's coffin. Check out these pics...

http://www.herelounge.com/images/hall51.jpg

http://www.herelounge.com/gallery3.html

I'm so pissed. I was really routing for Franklin to be gay. Now I have a tv crush on a straight guy.

Whoa! I would have liked to have gone to that party...just for the cheese and crackers. I could have said hot dog weinies, but I didn't.

FORT Regular
    I think Brian was heart-broken when Dan didn't pass the 4th elimination.
    The crush he had on him seemed pretty sincere. Which is why I don't
    think he is right for James. James eliminated his best possibilities early on. KEN

Quote Originally Posted by realKen
    I think Brian was heart-broken when Dan didn't pass the 4th elimination.
    The crush he had on him seemed pretty sincere. Which is why I don't
    think he is right for James. James eliminated his best possibilities early on. KEN
    Yes, Brian did seem heartbroken when Dan was eliminated...But as we know now, they seem like pretty good pals now! I think that's pretty kewl...But I also thought it was a good thing for Brian so he could "keep his eyes on the prize," so to speak...but I think he and James really clicked during their one on one time, and I think James had a good time with Brian, and Andra was delighted because I think she thinks well of Brian. Just my thoughts...

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie

Betting On Franklin

I am new at posting messages on the message board. This is my first attempt, but I really wanted to read other ideas and thoughts on the Boy Meets Boy thing!

Well, before last Tuesday's episode (#4), I wasn't sure if Franklin was straight or not. However, I look at it in this way: Bravo wants to make sure that at least one straight guy is left in the final three. The show arranges the groups for James when it comes to elimination time. In the last episode (#4), Sean (who we found out was straight) was paired up with Franklin when it came to elimination time. There were three groups of two people. If the Bravo staff wants to be sure that a straight guy is left in the final three people, then put both straight guys together in one group of two. This way when James has to choose one of the two in the group to leave (and it was Sean who had to go) the other straight guy is still left (who is Franklin). If Bravo didn't do it like this then they would risk having the last two straight guys possibly eliminated. However, (I am guessing by deduction) if the two straight guys are put together one of them has to go and one gets to stay. Bravo has to keep their ratings as high as possible. Does anyone else think the same thing?

My theory is that Franklin is almost absolutely the remaining straight guy. Tho, early on there was a insignificant clip show of Wes holding a rodeo shirt to his chest and saying to Robb "i'm a heterosexual" and Robb replies "yes you are." I wonder if the producer's aren't flat out telling us his sexuality. That and he, Darren and Sean hardly gave James a lap dance but mostly flashed their body like gay for pay go-go boys. Of course, we know Darren's gay but i've always wondered if Wes wasn't. I always tend to read more into what's show anyway so my money's still on Franklin but Brian's my fave hottie from the final 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast