+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would YOU have done?

What would YOU have done?

Imagine you're James:

You've just spent a couple weeks doing this whole "Ground-breaking Gay-Dating Reality Show" thing. You're down to 6 mates -- all of whom you now like and trust. Real "connections" are forming and there are NO "players" left (you think). Then, after oh-so-painfully booting 3 more of them off, you're told by the producers' mouthpiece that one of the remaining 3 mates is straight!!!

Now James, apparently in a state of shock, only says, "Wow..."
    But, you're NOT James.
    So, the question is: What do you think YOU would have done???

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Imagine you're James:

You've just spent a couple weeks doing this whole "Ground-breaking Gay-Dating Reality Show" thing. You're down to 6 mates -- all of whom you now like and trust. Real "connections" are forming and there are NO "players" left (you think). Then, after oh-so-painfully booting 3 more of them off, you're told by the producers' mouthpiece that one of the remaining 3 mates is straight!!!

But, you're NOT James.
    Hmmmmm, I would've sayed WOW, then YOU GUYS SUCK. All James has to do is get in some hot and heavy lip action. That should let him know who the straight guy is. It's one thing to pretend you are gay, its another thing to makeout with a gay guy on national tv. I think Franklin would cave in on this one.

Rab
    I would strangle Dani in my head and say, "It's time for a little Frenching with the guys ^_~" Whoever freaks out first is probably not ready for love or is straight.

Well, If I were in the situation, I've would have already made my mind up on who I'm picking (Brian). If Sean, Darren and Brian were my final 3, I would have assumed Darren was the straight one more than Sean but my bachelor choice would still be Brian and if he turns out to be the straight one, I'd have no more faith in my gaydar and relinquish my membership to the dating world. My thought reaction to being told would be "well, I've already decided I want Brian and I'm pretty sure he's gay" and my verbal response probably wouldn't have been much more than James.

After the show wrapped and I had time and distance to let it sink in, I'd probably be pretty ticked as I hear James has been.

btw, Hi. First post

YankeeMate

I think we all feel for James.

FORT Regular

What I would have done. . .

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    YankeeMate

I think we all feel for James.
    How can we not feel for the poor guy? Half of the men he was selecting from were straight.

I knew exactly what I would do if things went down the way they did for James:

I would let ALL of the guys go with my apologies, but being deceived the way he was - to the extent he was, I would have no other choice but to say forget the whole thing. Screw the trip and screw Bravo.

Okay, so I am bitter. Wouldn't most people be in this situation? Bravo has, as James so aptly stated, (not an exact quote, but close) provided entertainment at the expense of the gay community.

JMO, but no trip or amount of money is worth the humiliating experience he has been put through.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Imagine you're James:

But, you're NOT James.

i have mixed feelings on the arrangement

#1. it is INSULTING and really quite pointless except to feed the american appetite for observing people put thru the grinder

#2. i think any injury to James is temporary at worst-- not only do i think he'd be able to call up gay contender #1, but the Boy is bound to be having 1,000's of opportunities now based on his celebrity status (a mixed bag, obviously, but you and i should be so lucky to have those opportunities)
    can you help me OUT?

Chase 1291

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    i have mixed feelings on the arrangement

#1. it is INSULTING and really quite pointless except to feed the american appetite for observing people put thru the grinder

#2. i think any injury to James is temporary at worst-- not only do i think he'd be able to call up gay contender #1, but the Boy is bound to be having 1,000's of opportunities now based on his celebrity status (a mixed bag, obviously, but you and i should be so lucky to have those opportunities)
    #1 Is a HUGH yes!
    #2 IMO, it's a double edge sword. With his brief TV notoriety, many more "mates" and pirates might try to get with "the guy from TV". He doesn't strike me as the more the merrier type. However, if the right guy was able to see James for his sincerity and interest in a serious relationship, he might have opened himself up to that opportunity.--I hope that will be the case. I also hope he can over come any trust issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast