+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Analyzed BMB Date and Selection Groupings

Analyzed BMB Date and Selection Groupings

Just something interesting to consider, assuming that Franklin is the last straight boy and both Brian H and Wes are gay. I took a nice long look at all of the groupings the boys have been paired into from episode 2 (8/5) and came up with this. S stands for straight, G for gay, and (S) and (G) as presumed gay and straight.

8/5
    Date Dancing:
    Jim-S
    Franklin-(S)
    Robb-G
    Dan-S
    Michael-S
    Marc-G

Date Climbing:
    Matt-G
    Wes-(G)
    Paul-S
    Brian H-(G)
    Darren-G
    Sean-S

The pattern of straights and gays follows (just reversed) for each group.

Selection Ceremony Groups:
    Jim-S
    Franklin-(S)
    Sean-S
    Dan-S

Wes-(G)
    Michael-S
    Robb-G
    Paul-S

Matt-G
    Brian H-(G)
    Marc-G
    Darren-G

There is one group of straights, ensuring that at least three are left to advance to the next round, one group of gays, and a group of half and half. Again, the patterns coincide.

The third episode (8/12) is as follows:

Date Zoo:
    Darren-G
    Brian-(G)
    Matt-G
    Dan-S
    Michael-S

Date Singing:
    Sean-S
    Franklin-(S)
    Robb-G
    Wes-(G)

Selection groups:
    Michael-S
    Sean-S
    Robb-G

Darren-G
    Brian H-(G)
    Matt-G

Franklin-(S)
    Dan-S
    Wes-(G)

Again, one group of all gays, and two other groups containing two straight boys, to ensure that at least one from each group advances to the next round.

And finally, the fourth episode (8/19)

Selection groups:
    Darren-G
    Brian-(G)

Sean-S
    Franklin-(S)

Robb-G
    Wes-(G)

And, it was a sad day when I had to see Robb go just because he was paired with Wes... Oh well. Again, another clever ploy to ensure the straights one more chance at glory. Though, why they decided to pair the straights together so that there would only be one left... Well, I suppose they only wanted one in the final three, and that would ensure they got what they wanted.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopfans
    And, it was a sad day when I had to see Robb go just because he was paired with Wes... Oh well. Again, another clever ploy to ensure the straights one more chance at glory. Though, why they decided to pair the straights together so that there would only be one left... Well, I suppose they only wanted one in the final three, and that would ensure they got what they wanted.
    That's exactly what I thought also. They just had to keep at least one straight guy in the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopfans
    Though, why they decided to pair the straights together so that there would only be one left... Well, I suppose they only wanted one in the final three, and that would ensure they got what they wanted.
    They wanted the reveal of the twist (which means you can't have all straight or all gay), but I'm sure that if they'd have said to James "but only ONE of the guys is actually gay!" he'd have bolted from the show. They were playing a careful line on that one, and I think they HAD to make sure that only one straight guy was in the final three in order to keep some semblance of a dating show for the final episode.

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread