+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

It's really a shame that James was always attracted more to the straight guys, than to the gay guys. He was really attracted to Sean, Dan, and Franklin, even though Dan was trouble.

Poor James. I would be so p.o.'d by now with this whole social experiment thingy. He must also be devasted to find out that Franklin is straight (I mean any decent gaydar - no matter how bad it is - can pick that one out). And I think Franklin is still pretty high up on James' wish list.

On the plus side, at least Dani will stop saying, "And what James doesn't know is that some of the mates are straight."

Goodbye, Robb, you were definitely the life of the party. We'll miss you.

FORT Newbie

Note: Spoiler speculation within!!!

Did someone catch what that letter was that Franklin was reading? I couldn't hear who wrote it, and it didn't seem like he was really close with anyone but I could have sworn it said for him to get someone's number or something.

And, I am furious. My two favorite guys---Franklin and Wes---are the two contenders for possbily straight. Now, I know Wes' former place of work, so yes, that says something, but Franklin has been really strong and passionate about his feelings. I dunno really who I want to be straight---well, neither really. But I think Wes/James make a good match, and he's always been my favorite from day one, so I'd be so upset if he was straight. However, with that said, Franklin has been making a HUGE drama show over the recent events (the kiss, the letter, etc). So if he's straight, I will be utterly enraged at Franklin.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

This show is driving me up the wall.

Oh, and hi! *waves*

FORT Newbie
    At this point James must have been thinking "Who cares who my heart is aching for? -- just lead me to the most obvious gay among the 3". That would be a two way tie between Brian and Wes. Brian is cute and sweet, but Wes has the upper body and personality that are beyond anyone else -- anyone that is except for Franklin who has that "I am a straight man" look all over his eyes. Oh what an upper body and smile that man has -- pity he's playing for the other team.

Sean wrote franklin the letter.... they became friends since the last elimination, Brian, wes, and robb were good friends, and franklin and sean bonded
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I dont think you have to worry about Wes... the *only* person that could be straight is Franklin, because if it were either of the other two, and he would have no picked them... then there would have been no straight people left... so it *HAS* to be franklin, that way no matter if he picked franklin or sean, there would be a straight guy in the finals
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Sean wrote franklin the letter.... they became friends since the last elimination, Brian, wes, and robb were good friends, and franklin and sean bonded
    If the elimination hadn't been manipulated who do you think would be left?
    And straight on towards morning

FORT Newbie
    Had a wonderfully delicious thought.

I'm hoping really badly that the last "straight" guy Bravo manuevered to be in the final 3, fooled them, and is actually gay.

Nothing would make me happier. It's not gonna happen, but still.

I think it would be Robb, Franklin, and Wes, if James had gotten to have just a general pick of the litter instead of the group manipulations.

FORT Newbie

Affirmative Action for the straight guys

That's right. J should be able to tell for other reasons, but the audience knows for sure it's F because he was paired w/ S to make sure 1 straight guy would be in the final 3. Obviously the groupings were done with that in mind from the beginning. It's a form of affirmative action to assure the diversity they want for the sake of the dramatic intention of their program. I don't see anything wrong with that, but I guess we should expect an outcry from all the right-wingers who will be upset about giving "special rights" to heterosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    I dont think you have to worry about Wes... the *only* person that could be straight is Franklin, because if it were either of the other two, and he would have no picked them... then there would have been no straight people left... so it *HAS* to be franklin, that way no matter if he picked franklin or sean, there would be a straight guy in the finals

FORT Fan
    Well it does seem obvious that its Franklin because the producers coordinated the eliminations so that there would definitely be at least one straight guy left. All the pre-show publicity that said there were five straight guys was obviously false - when you look at it, almost half of them were gay. If I were James I would have been really angry too, and felt played like a fool. So far from what theyve aired, they only had Dani telling him that one of the final 3 were straight - not th at half of the g uys who have been there with him were. Andras response in the preview is what would be appropriate. I think it just goes to show you beware if you go on any of these shows with any goal except for getting publicity and your 15 min. of fame. Today I saw a report on the news that even said the new edition of THE BACHELOR will have a twist... Jeez Louise - I already read there are a pair of identical twins in the batch so I wonder if thats it or theyre planning even more stupid tricks. The one thing Im impressed with is my gaydar which usually isnt that great in real life has worked pretty good on this show in picking out the heteros.

+ Reply to Thread