+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad BOY/S Bravo execs!

ant
    FORT Fan

Bad BOY/S Bravo execs!

I think James is very level headed and sincere with his intentions about finding Mr. Right; unfortunately this is not so with Bravo. All those pariahs taht they are, who are after ratings and profit. I do love the show. Don't get me wrong. I just feel very bad to be in Jame's shoes. The poor guy had no clue.

At first, I thought that it would be a good twist to have in the game. Then I started watching the show, and the problem I have now is that with all the "dead" possibilities among the mates (combined with the quick timeframe) nobody's really clicking with James in any interesting way. What hooked me on the Bachelor/ette was seeing those glimmers and sparks, and until this week we hadn't seen anything at all. I think the fact that some of the guys are straight limited James' pool too far for the show format to handle well. I also have a beef with how many of the guys are straight. We're at minimum 6 now, which makes this a lot more of a "find the needle" Game show than a "find a suitor" Match show. James is just the mechanism by which the straight guys are eliminated on their way to the prize. This too is an angle I don't like.

Still, I'm enjoying the show despite the cruelty, so I guess I can't complain too loudly. I'd love to meet some of these guys in real life.

-- Joe

I don't think this show needed a "twist" beyond being a dating competition for gay guys. But I think it's interesting, anyway.

ant
    FORT Fan
    I second your thoughts jsciv. Yes, James was made to be a tool for a very vile experiment.

FORT Newbie
    Don't feel too bad for them. These guys still got paid for being on the show. It just wasn't 25,000 dollars. However I will contend that it was infact cruel of them to do that, but in a lighthearted way. Now I'm wondering what theme the next Boy Meets Boy will be based on now that everyone pretty much knows the premise of the show.

I wouldn't go as far as "vile." My main objection is that they went too far, not that they were trying to make lab rats out of the guys.

John: I agree with you on the twist. The procedural twists in the show (the friend involved deeply in the process, the grouped eliminations, etc) were more than enough. All I meant to say above was that I thought at first that the inclusion of "some" straight guys would be okay, but they just took it too far.

Poot: no kidding. I'm sure the producers are thinking of another season since the show is successful, but how do you un-taint the pool? For Love or Money only managed it because they recorded the second run before the first aired.....

-- Joe

I think one way they could make the next Boy Meet Boy interesting is to create a mystery around the leading man: Let everyone wonder if HE'S straight. And better yet, let men AND women compete for him.

Of course, they could fool everyone and play things "straight," so to speak, by simply having all gay men compete for a gay man next time and let the audience wonder if there's going to be tricks played.

Or better still, make the leading man Canadian and let the contestants think he's going to propose marriage and have a wedding in Toronto or something ...

Quote Originally Posted by Clif
    I think one way they could make the next Boy Meet Boy interesting is to create a mystery around the leading man: Let everyone wonder if HE'S straight. And better yet, let men AND women compete for him......
    Great, let's make it "laterally" bad or worse. I agree about feeling sorry for James and that the producers went too far. The only reason I started watching was because of an article posted on FORT re: James.

On a more positive note:

A big to Ant, Jsciv, Poot, and Clif.

Thanks eldee!

Me, I'd love the idea of all gay trying to find a gay match. I wouldn't even mind the pseudo-rigged eliminations as long as we got to see some real chemistry. I'm such a romantic....

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Thank you very much eldee

Lolasdad I had no idea that they didn't plan on doing another BMB, which saddens me. Would they really not embark on a show that pulls in such good ratings though?

Oh Clif, I love your 3rd idea!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast