+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey have you noticed this...

FORT Newbie

Hey have you noticed this...

I was watching the show with a straight friend and he noticed something that I hadn't. When it comes to the elimination round he noticed that the guys were hugging James differently. Based on that, he correctly guessed that Dan and Michael were straight and Matthew was gay.

Dan, Michael, Wes, and Shawn hugged James with their chins on his shoulder looking straight back (with a little pat on his back). On the other hand, the others nuzzled their noses into his neck. Based on this little observation, Wes and Shawn are the straight guys that are left and all the others are gay.

I don't now if this topic has shown up here yet, but I thought it was interesting observation. If anyone has any of the old eposides to watch again, see if this holds true for all the other eliminated men.

Quote Originally Posted by RTVU2
    IWhen it comes to the elimination round he noticed that the guys were hugging James differently. .
    Don't know about that but I noticed that the gay men were much more warm towards James even when they said they didn't feel a "spark". The straight guys seemed kind of detached. Which is what I suppose you'd expect.

FORT Newbie
    That's actually a very good observation. Your friend must of had trianing in CJ or extensive social Psychology. I go by a persons eyes; it might not 100% but you can pretty much tell. Much like what your friend said about their eyes being focussed elsewhere during physical contact.

Actually, it IS very interesting. That might just work.

Personally speaking, I am a warm hugger so I would hug many people in a big way, but it wouldn't always be sexual.

If he picks Wes and he's straight, I would be very disappointed for him.

FORT Regular
    Hi everyone, been lurking for a bit -- it's my first post here.

I think your friend is really on to something, RTVU2. I kind of noticed them hugging differently but I couldn't quantify exactly what it was.

I was thinking Darren was straight, based on him being so shy and the way the preview made it look (he looks uncomfortable kissing James, and is speaking right after "the truth gets harder to hide") but by the hug test, he's definintely gay. Probably just edited that way to make the reveal more surprising.

Franklin, on the other hand, looks pretty into kissing and dancing for James, and also is gay by the hug test.

It looks like the groups next week will be:
    Franklin, Sean, Brian H.
    Robb, Darren, Wes (I got this from watching the preview and commercials closely - you see all six [in the commercial] assembled for elimination, then you see just Franklin, Sean, and Brian H. left [in the preview].)

It looks like either Darren or Robb gets eliminated - you see a shot of a very tall thin guy going out the door.

I also notice that Dani looks really delighted when she gets to tell him that there's a straight guy left in the bunch. Sickly delighted!

I think she's going to tell him this AFTER the elimination when it's down to the last 3. I'm sure they manipulated it this way to make it more interesting. Wouldn't be much fun if he'd weeded out all the straight guys before the last round.

Jenn

Flotsette/Jenn.

I'm glad you lurk no more!

FORT Regular
    thanks eldee!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot
    Your friend must of had trianing in CJ or extensive social Psychology. .
    He actually graduated with a psych degree and will be attending grad school for Social Psych.

He also has way better gaydar then I do.

Quote Originally Posted by RTVU2
    He actually graduated with a psych degree and will be attending grad school for Social Psych.

He also has way better gaydar then I do.
    Good luck to your friend in school! Mmm, there probably is a field for social phych and the media/TV. Let's see if the rest of his predictions are on the money. Are you taking bets?

FORT Regular
    Yes, I noticed the hug too. The straight "pat" is a dead giveaway. I never noticed Wes' hug, but now I'm starting to question him after reading what you guys are saying (I was sure he was gay before). Franklin has the gay hug down definitely and that cute little tatoo on his arm is as gay as can be. But some of his mannerisms and things that he's said are questionable, so I'm only about 50% sure about him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast