+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boy Meets Boy in Los Angeles

Robbie
    My first post. I have mixed feelings about the show. James and Andra seem like such wonderful people.....I hate to see him (them) get hurt through the cruelty and deceipt of the producers. There was a brief article in this week's People magazine. It said that James was really shocked and angry when he learned there were straight mates, and that he considered walking off the show. I don't blame him! At this point, I don't think I'd let myself get attached to any of the remaining 3 mates. Call it self-protection. If James feels the same way, the next two episodes could be rather "contrived." My son (gay) and I (straight) think that Franklin is straight.

FORT Regular

Welcome Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    My first post. I have mixed feelings about the show. James and Andra seem like such wonderful people.....I hate to see him (them) get hurt through the cruelty and deceipt of the producers. There was a brief article in this week's People magazine. It said that James was really shocked and angry when he learned there were straight mates, and that he considered walking off the show. I don't blame him! At this point, I don't think I'd let myself get attached to any of the remaining 3 mates. Call it self-protection. If James feels the same way, the next two episodes could be rather "contrived." My son (gay) and I (straight) think that Franklin is straight.
    Hi Robbie,

See my post in the "What would YOU have done?" thread on this board. I read James was extremely angry about how things were handled. He has spoken negatively already to the press about it (Newsweek).

Welcome!

FF

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRA_BMB
    The boys are even cuter in person (and actually really nice guys).
    Thank you guys for watching,

All the best!
    Andra
    Hi, Andra!
    Well, this is a 1st for me!! BMB hooked me because I grew up 35 miles from James, also competed in track and field (yes, I know James holds the 9th fastest all time record for Oregon High School 110 meter high hurdles, 1990), attended the same University and just wanted to see "one of our own" on tv. What a ride! I had no idea reality tv could/would turn so cruel.

From articles already published, it looks like many of the cast "recovered" just fine. Very strong individuals and lots of support, I trust. You and James strike me as very solid individuals with strong values and commitments.

I am one of the calculating types that now suspect Franklin as the straight mate left. (Looks like the producers forced James' hand by pooling straights with straights during the eliminations.) Franklin's only 23!!! If true, to press him to be "gay for pay" is unscrupulous of the producers. I cannot imagine the weight of deceipt and guilt that "leading James on" must have brought upon Franklin. I hope he has people "there" for him!

All I really want to know in the end is that EVERYONE is emotionally okay after this. This show may have taken the "fun" out of reality tv...at least for me. By "EVERYONE", I'd especially appreciate a status update (when appropriate to comment) from you about yourself, James, Franklin and if known, James' family in Oregon. I know James stated in an interview that he and his family are not as close as they once were ("the gay thing"), but they deserve consideration in all of this too. They are from a very small town and I'm sure this puts a magnifying glass on them, although to tell you (and James) the truth, I have not heard or seen anything about BMB on the local news up here. James' parents can be very proud of him, his values, his character. I'm sure they had a lot to do with it! Maybe his University did too...then I might have some of the same traits!!!!

Here's hoping everyone is just fine!!!

-duckfan

DuckFan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123