+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Only one more? Which one? (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by carson
    I don't think that anything Franklin has done on the show would make me believe that he's straight.
    I've been suspicious of Franklin since his one-on-one with James at the two-step date. I don't remember the exact words, but he said something about loving a "person" -- not a "guy". The obvious use of an indefinite pronoun set off my gaydar alarms.

In the first groupings they put 4 straight guys in one group. Franklin, Sean, Dan and Jim. One group all gay- Brian, Matt, Marc and Darrin and split the other group, Michael, Paul, Robb and Wes. This assured that 4 straight guys would continue.
    In the next round it was Franklin, Dan and Wes. Matthew, Brian and Darrin. Than Michael, Sean and Robb. This assures that 2 straight guys stay.
    In this last round they put Franklin and Sean together to assure that 1 straight guy would make it into the finals.

I understand why they wanted one straight guy in the finals, but it bothers me that they were so blantant about it. Anyone who is paying attention to this stupid show would be able to see this pattern.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't paid much attention to the groupings until this last episode, but you're right. Blatant, unfair and -- ultimately -- cruel manipulation.
    It's shitty enough that they felt the need to trick James, but manipulating it to make sure a straight guy was left is really horrible. They are trying to claim it's a social experiment, but when they stack the decks, the experiment is null and void. If they would have just let James pick the guys without the manipulation, that would have been an experiment.
    I've had problems with the SOME OF THE MATES ARE STRAIGHT premise since the beginning. But, yeah, I've watched it to see how it would actually turn out. After last night, I can honestly say that I was sickened by the show. If Franklin is, indeed, straight, then the producers basically made James boot a gay guy he may have had a chance with (Darrin or Robb) and forced him to keep a straight guy, who was only there to try and win $25,000!

The whole "social experiment" spin is just the producers covering their collective ass from the heat they knew were going to get. And they even got the participants to espouse the Party Line. (Does anyone really believe the post-eviction testimonials from the straight guys about how they learned sooooo much? Yeah, during the whole three or four days they were pretending to be gay. Give me a f---in' break!!!)

But spin it though they try, it doesn't disguise the fact that this is really repulsive in so very many ways.

Thank gawd that "Queer Eye" comes on right after. It really helps wash the nasty taste of "Boy Meets Boy" out of my mouth.

[QUOTE=realKen........The fact that "straight guys," "closeted players," or
    "ambiguous bi's" were in the "game" at all was a
    cruel twist...."

Deduction: twist> corkscrew>screwed, and that's what they were, especially James.

"Who came up with that? A twisted sister? A bitter straight fish? A homophobic straight WASP?......."

Your suggestions must be the feasible ones. No way would a regular straight or gay man in the media business propose or take part of such a twist solely for ratings or a profit! (…And a foreign terrorist committed the Oklahoma bombing).

........ The theme of this "reality show" has apparently evolved into "gay guys go for straight guys." KEN[/QUOTE]

So, what if some of us agree with Ken? We don't work for Bravo and we must be wrong or haven't you heard?--This show is supposed to BREAK stereotypes, but I don't believe they ever gave a reason as to why they give a damn. BTW, did they see lab mice during the interviews instead of men?

Let's Talk About Andra ...

(And poor ANDRA, she invested so
    much emotion and hope into this venture!)

I think Andra is going to end up taking this harder than James ever will ... James' cool "Wow." when he heard from that cheesy Dani about the straight twist was typical of his sort of brain-dead attitude through most of this (if you can't guess, I think most of the guys are too good for him anyway).

I say the sequel to this show should be "Fag Hag Meets Boy" and the remaining gay guys get to compete to be Andra's permanent Will Truman.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    .......I've had problems with the SOME OF THE MATES ARE STRAIGHT premise since the beginning. But, yeah, I've watched it to see how it would actually turn out. After last night, I can honestly say that I was sickened by the show. If Franklin is, indeed, straight, then the producers basically made James boot a gay guy he may have had a chance with (Darrin or Robb) and forced him to keep a straight guy, who was only there to try and win $25,000!..."

Yup. LA Guy, that is just one part of the sewage seeping in the show.

The whole "social experiment" spin is just the producers covering their collective ass from the heat they knew were going to get. And they even got the participants to espouse the Party Line. (Does anyone really believe the post-eviction testimonials from the straight guys about how they learned sooooo much? Yeah, during the whole three or four days they were pretending to be gay. Give me a f---in' break!!!)"

Wouldn't we all like to give "them" a f*@(ing break?

"But spin it though they try, it doesn't disguise the fact that this is really repulsive in so very many ways."

Thank gawd that "Queer Eye" comes on right after. It really helps wash the nasty taste of "Boy Meets Boy" out of my mouth.
    I hope that show doesn't change much. IMO, it's good the way it is now. It doesn't need any jazzing or twists to make it more successful.

[QUOTE=Clif....I say the sequel to this show should be "Fag Hag Meets Boy" and the remaining gay guys get to compete to be Andra's permanent Will Truman.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you have such a way with words!

FORT Regular
    LAGuy and Real Ken, your posts were well thought out and written. I couldn't have said it any better myself. You never would have seen a gay guy thrown into the mix on The Bachelorette would you? It's one thing to add a few "straight" guys into Boy Meets Boy, but at almost 50%, it's downright mean. I feel bad for James because he stated he considers the contestants all new friends. Yet, how many people would you remain friendly with if you knew they knowingly deceived you? As I said in an earlier post, I hope after James found out about the one remaining straight guy that he would have done his best to kiss everyone of them to ensure that the deceiving party felt just as uncomfortable and humiliated.

I'm glad the show is almost over because I am really tired of Dani. Yuck.

Rooting out the straight guy...

"... I hope after James found out about the one remaining straight guy that he would have done his best to kiss everyone of them to ensure that the deceiving party felt just as uncomfortable and humiliated."

ROFL! That would be ideal,wouldn't it? Trouble is, I don't think ol' James would be creative enough to think of a solution like that, or pursue it even further, by offering to turn one of those one-on-one moments into something hotter and steamier, just to see if the straight guy is desperate enough for the cash to go all the way!

Maybe he'd do it if Andra thought of it first ...

Quote Originally Posted by Clif
    I think Andra is going to end up taking this harder than James ever will ... James' cool "Wow." when he heard from that cheesy Dani about the straight twist was typical of his sort of brain-dead attitude through most of this (if you can't guess, I think most of the guys are too good for him anyway).
    Don't judge how hard James is taking this from his initial reaction. That was a "game face" if ever I saw one -- I'm sure once he gets back with Andra and feels safer we'll see his real reaction.

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Clif
    "... I hope after James found out about the one remaining straight guy that he would have done his best to kiss everyone of them to ensure that the deceiving party felt just as uncomfortable and humiliated."

ROFL! That would be ideal,wouldn't it? Trouble is, I don't think ol' James would be creative enough to think of a solution like that, or pursue it even further, by offering to turn one of those one-on-one moments into something hotter and steamier, just to see if the straight guy is desperate enough for the cash to go all the way!
    Somehow, I don't think James is as vindictive as you would apparently be in this scenario. Remind me to date him instead of you should I get the chance. Aslo, don't forget that there are stated limits to what can be done (kissing and hugging are it), so the "weapon" of sexual contact isn't available to him anyway.

I feel awfully betrayed by the series, too, and although I can't decide if that's good TV or bad TV, my heart goes out to all of the gay men involved and to Andra.

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Here's what I don't get...

If Franklin comes from money, and is sophisticated enough to know wine really well (which he obviously does, given how he went off about it) why would he need $25k?

I agree that it's likely he's the straight one due to the pairings, and his body language is odd, but there's still something about him that seems off, which can't be easily explained just by him being straight. My feeling is that he's either a closet case, a rich kid who doesn't want to follow the family business after all but wants to be an actor (hence the move to LA) or he's got a habit to feed.

+ Reply to Thread