+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Only one more? Which one? (SPOILERS)

First off, I'm shocked that of 15 "elligible gay bachelors", half of them were straight. (7 of 15, not technically half, but as close as you can get with an odd number). But since he's eliminated 6, and it comes down to Wes, Brian, and Franklin, I'm not sure. Wes is gay, no question. Either that, or he is an awesome actor. He has been so sincere every time he's with James and I hope James picks Wes. Now, out of Brian and Franklin, Franklin would get my vote. Except for the conversation James had with Brian tonight and Brain kept talking about how some guys could pretend to be this perfect guy for you and be just playing a game, and he was almost hinting at the fact that there were straight guys in the mix and since only the straight people knew that, I got suspicious. But out of overall actions, I say Franklin's the straight one.

FORT Newbie

Shell Shocked

I must admit when we first heard the premise of the show my partner and I were pretty upset. "How unfair!" we thought. But we watched and we were hooked. The weekly drama of trying to figure out not only who the best fit was for James but doing so while trying to pick out the straight ones. I was wrong on two and my partner on three. I was pretty surprised to find out that Dan was straight but after examining it I realized that the only reason I pegged him as gay was because he hit all the stereotypes. I realized that I was doing what straight people have been doing for eons. But when it comes down to it stereotypes don't tell you a damn thing. I happen to be alot like Darren. What we call "straight acting". I am not attracted to femme guys. Most of my friends are straight. Most people are pretty shocked when they find ot I'm gay. It just goes to show that even in our community there is huge diversity. It is not our "nature" to be one way or another. This show has just reminded me that its pretty useless to try to label people.

Hmm, with that said, I really believe that Franklin is the straight one just because of the obvious manipulation. If it weren't for that I would have thought that there weren't any straight guys left. I was sure Sean was gay. Actually I was more hoping that he was. I ahve a strong feeling that James is going to choose Franklin which will be tough to watch. I am interested to see how Franklin feels after the experience. Doing that to another human being. He doesn't strike me as a cruel person but then again if he is straight he is one fine actor.

I have to say I'm happy with James' selection for the final 3... hated to see Robb go, but I do love Franklin, Wes, and Brian a lot... It hurt to see Darren so disappointed, as I really think he liked James... I'm sure there are tons of guys going for Darren anyway, he's such a cutie. =)

Franklin will definitely be the straight one... with all the manipulations and watching his behavior (not whether he's fem or can dance or anything, just how he acts...). He seems like a straight friend I know well... very passionate, cultured, and often thought of as gay... but definitely straight...

Still, I hope he comes out as gay at the end of the show, haha... a boy can only dream...

Is it wrong that I'm more upset now that they've made it so obvious that Franklin is the straight one? I don't think that anything Franklin has done on the show would make me believe that he's straight. But with the way they did the eliminations, they've made it obvious. Unless Wes is the best actor in the world, the only choice is Franklin.

In the first groupings they put 4 straight guys in one group. Franklin, Sean, Dan and Jim. One group all gay- Brian, Matt, Marc and Darrin and split the other group, Michael, Paul, Robb and Wes. This assured that 4 straight guys would continue.

In the next round it was Franklin, Dan and Wes. Matthew, Brian and Darrin. Than Michael, Sean and Robb. This assures that 2 straight guys stay.
    In this last round they put Franklin and Sean together to assure that 1 straight guy would make it into the finals.

I understand why they wanted one straight guy in the finals, but it bothers me that they were so blantant about it. Anyone who is paying attention to this stupid show would be able to see this pattern.

It's shitty enough that they felt the need to trick James, but manipulating it to make sure a straight guy was left is really horrible. They are trying to claim it's a social experiment, but when they stack the decks, the experiment is null and void. If they would have just let James pick the guys without the manipulation, that would have been an experiment. And really, I don't think they needed this manipulation, because I think Franklin would have made it to the finals no matter what. James told Andra before the selection that Brian was basically his #4, so if they had let him just pick, it probably would have been Franklin, Wes and Robb.

So in conclusion, unless Wes is a great actor, this show sucks on all levels.

Well my gaydar has been kicking major ass during this show! I'm 10/12! Not bad! lol And I think that I would have gotten the last three right even if they hadn't made it so obvious.. Wes is gay, the only doubt that I had *ever* had about that was due to the teaser that they aired over and OVER again with him saying "You assumed I was gay... *beat*.... WHY?!" then of course, after thinking about it I realized they wouldn't have given that away, and it was editing... I think brian is obviously gay, and the fact that I knew where he worked before the show started kind of gave that away... and I have thought franklin was straight for a while.. he just seemed to fumble through his first one on one date, and I thought he seemed nervous, and kind of off... Glad that I was right about him too... although it kind of sucks that he acted to be so upset about things, like things were so serious, and it was just buillshit for money... but oh well *shrugs* Hopefully James knows better and will pick wes (and I think he will, and maybe the clip from them eating, and wes asking why James assumed he was straight is *after* james chooses him.. just a thought)
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Well my gaydar has been kicking major ass during this show! I'm 10/12! Not bad! lol And I think that I would have gotten the last three right even if they hadn't made it so obvious.. Wes is gay, the only doubt that I had *ever* had about that was due to the teaser that they aired over and OVER again with him saying "You assumed I was gay... *beat*.... WHY?!" then of course, after thinking about it I realized they wouldn't have given that away, and it was editing... I think brian is obviously gay, and the fact that I knew where he worked before the show started kind of gave that away... and I have thought franklin was straight for a while.. he just seemed to fumble through his first one on one date, and I thought he seemed nervous, and kind of off... Glad that I was right about him too... although it kind of sucks that he acted to be so upset about things, like things were so serious, and it was just buillshit for money... but oh well *shrugs* Hopefully James knows better and will pick wes (and I think he will, and maybe the clip from them eating, and wes asking why James assumed he was straight is *after* james chooses him.. just a thought)
    Congrats on your gaydar!

When the show started, I just wouldn't have believed that out of Brian, Wes and Franklin one was a straight guy preteneding to be gay... As the episodes aired, Franklin became more and more suspecious. I like your theory on the "You assumed I was gay..." statement.

On the Bravo site, the voting is as follows:

Brian: 78% gay, 22% straight
    Wes: 79% gay, 21% straight
    Franklin: 54% gay, 46% straight

If Franklin's not the straight guy, then Brian or Wes deserve an Emmy nomination....

Jordy

Quote Originally Posted by carson
    Is it wrong that I'm more upset now that they've made it so obvious that Franklin is the straight one?
    How has it been made "so obvious" that Franklin is the straight one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Well my gaydar has been kicking major ass during this show! I'm 10/12! Not bad! lol And I think that I would have gotten the last three right even if they hadn't made it so obvious..
    The only one I got absolutely wrong was Jim. Some I didn't actually figure out until the episode during which they were eliminated (due to not enough airtime to actually get a read on them), and to be honest, by the time he was eliminated I didn't even care about Michael, but there you go. By the end of last night's episode, I knew which two were straight before they paired them up (assuming, of course, that Franklin is the last remaining hetero in homo clothing...). So I'm pretty happy with my 'dar. Especially considering that when I moved to CA three years ago I had practically NOTHING (rural life will do that for 'ya!).

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    How has it been made "so obvious" that Franklin is the straight one?
    Within the constraints of the show, he's expressed his "attraction" to James differently than the other guys. While this past episode, Brian and Wes both gave interviews about how the game was less important and they were connecting with James, Franklin was all about the competition -- from the comments about his dancing to his competitiveness regarding the kiss with Darren, he is reacting fundamentally differently than Brian and Wes. The social grouping among the final six was Wes/Robb/Brian, and Darren/Sean/Franklin, a kind of self-selecting sample. Brian expressed a crush on Dan, as well. And finally, assuming the producers rigged the thing with enough straights to get one to the final 3 so that Dani could break the twist at exactly the time she did, Sean had to be paired with the other straight guy to insure that at least one makes it. While no one point above is absolute proof, taken as a whole, it's a pretty strong case.

Outside the constraints of the show, we know Wes' and Brian's places of employment, both of which have HEAVY connections to the gay community. We know that Wes and Robb hang out together. We know that people claim to have had moments with both Wes and Brian, but not a soul has said they've seen Franklin at a gay bar. Again, all circumstantial, but a pretty good case.

So that's why (to me, anyway), it's pretty evident that Franklin must be the straight one.

-- Joe

ant
    FORT Fan

the strategy

the pairings or rather groups are just genius. it's cunning and amazing.

+ Reply to Thread