+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Only one more? Which one? (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Talea
    I had Dan figured out w/in the first few minutes of seeing him (just started watching tonight.) He was obviously "acting" gay and trying too hard.

Sean and Darren are both gay.

Franklin I think is gay, but that could be wishful thinking because I'm dead behind him for the win. And if he doesn't win, boy do I have some friends who would like to meet him. Those eyes!

Wes creeps me out. Waaaaayyy too eager to win, so I think he's straight.

Robb creeps me out, too, but I think he's gay.

Brian has no personality whatsoever, so I think he's straight.
    Not to be offensive (as I try not to be) but you have most possible the worst gaydar ever! What is your reasoning behind the thought that Sean and Darren are gay? As far as I'm concerned, they've both not shown any inclination as to a certain sexual preferance whatsoever. Franklin (Shady John) gay? Yeah, I thought that at first to, but as the episodes progress I really get this shady feeling from him. He was not only uncomfortable on his one-on-one with James, but he also really "creeped" me out with his dance/singing on the 8/12 episode. And Wes, way to eager to win? He seemed really genuine on his date with James, and especially when he made that comment on how the game was over (although that could be interpurated as a shady comment). Also, with the obsessive ironing? My scales have been shifted to the gay side for him. Why would Robb creep you out? Hey, but at least you had his sexual preferance right. I'll give you brownie points there. Oh, and Brian H? No personailty? You must jest! And that thought of him being straight is enough to make me, well... laugh very loud and rudely. He not only had an honest crush on Dan, but also... Check out my icon! I'm sure he's dated a lot of women!

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=realKen][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=indigo]Well, ANY straight guys having been included in the group of "elligible"
    gay bachelors is cruel. Apparently the producers felt this was
    necessary to give the show an edge.

I'm going to forgive them, though, because DAN pressing his butt up
    against the shower door has been the gayest thing about the show
    so far!!! KEN

OK, I have revised this opinion. I think it is unforgivable to have included
    six or seven (depending on the number left) straight men to foil James'
    chances of finding MR Right. I still don't believe Dan is straight, but
    unless polygraphs were given, we have to give him the benefit of the
    DOUBT. KEN

Calm down, guys. Let's try to keep this thread on topic, K?

FORT Newbie
    What is your reasoning behind the thought that Sean and Darren are gay?
    Simple logic as to the intents of the producers. If they're going to throw in some straight guys who act gay to throw us off, then they're going to throw in some gay guys who act straight for the same reason.

That, and I've known plenty of gay guys who act just like those two. Darren is exactly like a bunch of gay geeks I know, and Sean is part of the new breed of men who just happen to like having sex with other men.

Robb creeps me out because he obviously spends way too much time on his appearance. Fake n bake tan, god-awful taste in fashion, etc. He strikes me as someone who would spend more time reading Details and and preening than being an actual human being.

Franklin I think is gay but in a very early stage of coming out. He's only 23, after all. This may well be the first time in his life he's spent this much time exclusively around other gay men (ostensibly, at least.) He doesn't seem shady to me, just young and inexperienced and more than a little shy.

FORT Newbie

"Gaydar"

Good gosh how complicated can this be? If you people would spend more time listening to what these guys really say and how they really act rather than what they look like or trying to psych out the producers or whether or not you are attracted to them we might have a chance at a reliable assessment.

Refering to the above and without going into detail, here is my assessment:

Darren - Gay
    Sean - Gay
    Robb - Gay
    Wes - Gay
    Brian - Gay
    Franklin - Straight

Gay TV Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteBrain
    Good gosh how complicated can this be? If you people would spend more time listening to what these guys really say and how they really act rather than what they look like or trying to psych out the producers or whether or not you are attracted to them we might have a chance at a reliable assessment.

Refering to the above and without going into detail, here is my assessment:

Darren - Gay
    Sean - Gay
    Robb - Gay
    Wes - Gay
    Brian - Gay
    Franklin - Straight
    If there is indeed only one more straight guy, I agree with your conclusion.

However, for the final 3 my guess is: Franklin, Wes and Robb.

I have a feeling that the "twist" is told to James after the elimination round, even though it is a teaser for this week's show.
    Last edited by richard; 08-19-2003 at 04:54 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by richard
    If there is indeed only one more straight guy, I agree with your conclusion.

However, for the final 3 my guess is: Franklin, Wes and Robb.

I have a feeling that the "twist" is told to James after the elimination round, even though it is a teaser for this week's show.
    Logical assumptions and conclusions Richard (a rarity in these threads, I submit the Dan thread as the clearest evidence of this rarity) but I've just chosen to go off the evidence at hand. I'm a scientist so that's just my nature I guess.

FORT Fan
    I think this thread proves that the 'social experiment' aspect - which is just a PR spin for the ratings twist - was interesting because after reading most of the posts on this thread, I can see that most of them were wrong in who they thought were gay or straight. Id be interested to hear those peoples comments now that theyve been proven wrong.

ant
    FORT Fan

i would've walked out, but the show must go on

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    I think this thread proves that the 'social experiment' aspect - which is just a PR spin for the ratings twist - was interesting because after reading most of the posts on this thread, I can see that most of them were wrong in who they thought were gay or straight. Id be interested to hear those peoples comments now that theyve been proven wrong.
    which is just vile and vicious no matter how you spin it...

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    franklin is straight end of discussion!

+ Reply to Thread