+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Trails

Montmorency!

And thank you for your intelligent posts.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Montmorency!

And thank you for your intelligent posts.
    And thank YOU for kindly terming them "intelligent"!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Didn't Brian A. do a limp wrist thing when meeting James? I knew he was straight as soon as he did that. I knew Dan was straight when he made up the story about having a boyfriend in New York. It was like he thought James knew there were straight guys there. I also agree Montmorency. I think the main motivation for the guys was the money. But guilt may have set in. With Sean I think he was playing the game as he would if he were courting a woman. What I mean by that is he gave him a CD, kissed his hand in the beginning... That's kind of something you would see on the Bachelorette. I don't know if gay people do that sort of thing... But whatev... Did that post make any sense? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    With Sean I think he was playing the game as he would if he were courting a woman. What I mean by that is he gave him a CD, kissed his hand in the beginning... That's kind of something you would see on the Bachelorette. I don't know if gay people do that sort of thing... But whatev... Did that post make any sense? Haha!
    Gay people do a lot of the same things straight people do, and just like straight people, the gesture depends on the person making it, and the meaning depends on the person receiving it. We're not that different, you know.

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Didn't Brian A. do a limp wrist thing when meeting James? I knew he was straight as soon as he did that. I knew Dan was straight when he made up the story about having a boyfriend in New York. It was like he thought James knew there were straight guys there. I also agree Montmorency. I think the main motivation for the guys was the money. But guilt may have set in. With Sean I think he was playing the game as he would if he were courting a woman. What I mean by that is he gave him a CD, kissed his hand in the beginning... That's kind of something you would see on the Bachelorette. I don't know if gay people do that sort of thing... But whatev... Did that post make any sense? Haha!
    I have never watched one of these reality shows before so I don't know the kinds of things people do, but what you say makes sense.

I never heard the term "happy trail" before, I always thought it was called "treasure trail."

Yeah, and Dan called it a "nature trail" on the show, too, which is another term I hadn't heard (and which made me further think he was straight)...

-- Joe

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    Gay people do a lot of the same things straight people do, and just like straight people, the gesture depends on the person making it, and the meaning depends on the person receiving it. We're not that different, you know.

-- Joe
    Okay, I didn't mean to make it sound like that. But this is the first gay dating show I've seen (maybe because it's the only one so far...), and no one else did that. Thanks for setting me straight. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    Yeah, and Dan called it a "nature trail" on the show, too, which is another term I hadn't heard (and which made me further think he was straight)...

-- Joe

Oh yeah, nature trail. heh I figured it must've been a West Coast saying like pop is a Southern saying and since i'm from the N.E. I always said soda and treasure trail. **rambling**

I remember Dan from NBC's Lost so I had figured out he was straight from the start which kinda spoiled the guessing game for me about his sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMate
    I never heard the term "happy trail" before, I always thought it was called "treasure trail."
    LOL, LOL, LOL! Let's mix the two. A happy trail to the treasure!

I like "hiking and nature trails", thus my first signature line. Smooth is good too.
    Last edited by eldee; 08-25-2003 at 11:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast