+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Wes

Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    While looking at the website, I noticed that Bravo has a caption under Boy Meets Boy to look at the website for upcoming post interviews with the cast of the show. Maybe that's why many can't/aren't talking because they aren't allowed to until Bravo gets first crack at them.
    Good eye! I'm glad they will give more of the aftermath interviews. Of course, we are already familiar with how well Bravo knows how to edit. I think it will still be interesting to see.

It would be better if the interviewer was an independent and not affiliated with any station. If we watch, and I plan to see and hear those guys again, we will have to just take what they give us because there is little else to choose from right now.

Is anyone going to interview any of the contestants? I think that would be great to interview Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by garrick06
    Is anyone going to interview any of the contestants? I think that would be great to interview Wes.
    I actually really look forward to an in depth interview from Wes. Everyone seems to have concentrated on James and the straight guy twist, but one comment from the show lingers with me. On the fifth show, James confides to Wes that he knows he will be hurt at the end of all this. Wes says something like if an experience is so gut wrenching that it pulls your heart out, can you separate that from the experience and move on with someone at which James says he doesn't know. In short, I think that's where they are. I hope they can move forward, and maybe the trip being planned for the future is the best thing. Time to separate all of the show and reunite for a potential romance. But Andra said she didn't think Wes was ready for James; I think the opposite. Maybe James isn't ready because of the experience now. He needs to realize the experience wasn't that bad. It could have ended much worse with picking a straight guy--instead he has $25K, a trip and a potential romance with Wes. Least of all, he met a group of great guys. The show, for all of it's deception to James, did give him a great final selection. How many single guys out there would be hurt with a choice between Wes or Brian? I almost want to say to James "are you crazy--snap out of it."

It's reality t.v., but I think what surprised me is the caliber of gay guys the show recruited. I think most of us were passionate about the show because of these guys--James, Brian, Robb and Wes. You had Matthew who basically told James "not interested, pick someone else" so James wouldn't end up going on a trip with someone uninterested romantically. You had Jason risk all with his military career. Good guys. Saw it immediately the way the three guys, Brian, Wes & Robb, bonded and stayed up all night chatting. But I think Wes was the most charismatic. I think he brought out James' personality and calmed him down; I think he brought out the best in some of the other guys including Robb and Brian, and seemed to be "the life of the show". I really don't think the show would have been the same without him. So in short (yeah, right), I hope James doesn't sit on the fence too long waiting to e-mail or call Wes; he could blow something good while stressing about the twists and the straight guys' motives. It is L.A. and San Diego, but in reality a two hour drive. If it works, relocation wouldn't be unheard of, eh? Again, being reality t.v., what did we expect? But I do think everyone with a little matchmaker in them does see the potential that James/Wes could miss out on something special.

That aside, as the show's outcome begins to wane from my spinning mind, I do hope all of the guys (and Andra) much happiness, romance and great lives. Maybe people are so passionate because it was television's real first glimpse into gay romance from both sides, but I think it was more the quality of the people involved. You all did a great job breaking down stereotypes and creating visibility to middle-America. Thanks for the brief glimpse in your lives.

FORT Newbie

Boy Meets Boy DVD Set

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    yup! and I heard that they are basically unable to say much about the behind the scenes until a year after the show airs. Maybe if they do a dvd, they'll show more of the cut footage!
    I think someone is selling a 2 set DVD Boy Meets Boy. Not sure if it's licensed through Bravo or not. It's listed on Matt's Yahoo Boy Meets Boy board. If anyone's interested, I can look up the URL and post it. (Someone in another thread did post the URL already).

If there's a DVD of BMB, it's definitely unlicensed, and illegal to sell. If you post a link, it will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by garrick06
    Advocate.com has a great interview with both Wes and James. Posted the link in "After the show ended" thread. They were separate phone interviews, but the consistency of their answers and a few tidbits point to a potential future pairing for these two. Great interviews!

For anyone that may be interested, there is a very interesting, in-depth interview with James Getzlaff on gay.com.

Wes is going to host a book event (reading) at the LGBT Center he worked/works with this Wednesday 9/10 at 7:00pm. Actually, pretty cool book re: Queens in the Kingdom, Gay Guide to Disney Theme Parks. If anyone goes, let him know he has a lot of people rooting for him with James and in life. I lived in San Diego in the past and went to SDSU; love that city and glad people like Wes did and continue to do things to help the gay community there. FYI

http://www.thecentersd.org/cal01.htm

ant
    FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    Wes is going to host a book event (reading) at the LGBT Center he worked/works with this Wednesday 9/10 at 7:00pm. Actually, pretty cool book re: Queens in the Kingdom, Gay Guide to Disney Theme Parks. If anyone goes, let him know he has a lot of people rooting for him with James and in life. I lived in San Diego in the past and went to SDSU; love that city and glad people like Wes did and continue to do things to help the gay community there. FYI

http://www.thecentersd.org/cal01.htm

thanks for this fabulous post. i hate you westcoasters you all get the fun - lol. just to let you guys know that wes has posted on matt's website. the gorgeous winner is 'on'!
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    thanks for this fabulous post. i hate you westcoasters you all get the fun - lol. just to let you guys know that wes has posted on matt's website. the gorgeous winner is 'on'!
    yay! i saw his post. I can't help wonder what it would have been like if Wes was the leading man -- who would he have chosen? (oh, but I guess he wouldn't have an 'Andra' b/c he doesn't have female friends?)

+ Reply to Thread