+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 296

Thread: Wes

  1. #181
    FORT Regular alixtheweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Age
    71
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMate
    Heh, I'm still amazed how many people claim Wes is the straight one. Maybe I had a different audio portion set on my tv, but I do remember Wes saying to James that he was gay after James asked him to reveal a secret at dinner.

    I hope i didn't disclose a spoiler I shouldn't have as my tv may have been tuned to a secret frequency Bravo didn't want us to listen on.

    I heard it, too. I wonder when the gay mates found out there were straight mates. We know that the straight guys knew from the first.

  2. #182
    FORT Regular alixtheweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Age
    71
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    Thanks! I would have never caught that.

    So I guess they had bread, milk, eggs, fruit, and juice in the fridge. Did James actually eat it?

    I seem to remember him eating some. I'll have to watch again to be sure.

  3. #183
    FORT Regular jcboltfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    jcboltfan

    I see Wes the same way you do. I bet he could add a spark to any type of relationship. If he is the fake, then I will be very disappointed that such a nice guy was really a snake for money. I hope that will not be the case.
    Thanks for the welcome. Great posts in here and some good insight/dialogue. I agree with most posters that the ultimate twist would be if Wes was straight, but I don't buy it. My gaydar is pretty good and Franklin screams breeder. I've read the interpretations of WESboymeetsboy's comments on the board, and I take them as other readers have--the gay/straight stereotype relating to current t.v. and reality dating shows. He talks about romance and showing gay men in love on t.v. furthing the gay cause. Also, he mentions "our demographic". How would a straight man winning $25K fooling a gay guy on t.v. further our cause even in the most diluded mind? You read the articles in the SD Center where he did charity work; working with the gay & lesbian community, the youth, aids victims, etc... all points to someone who would not find the benefit in hurting a gay man's feelings. His reaction to James' comment about not wanting to get hurt was sincere and confused--not someone who knew there was a game to be played. I'm glad Wes is gay, part of Dorothy's team, family, whatever, because seeing younger people (ie. 40 here) more secure today in their sexuality, exuding confidence in public and on television, is reassuring and inspiring. I think Bravo ends up taking the high road here in the end; keep in mind, this is the channel which brings gay weddings to America's living rooms, this is not shock/Fox T.V..

  4. #184
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    He talks about romance and showing gay men in love on t.v. furthing the gay cause. Also, he mentions "our demographic". How would a straight man winning $25K fooling a gay guy on t.v. further our cause even in the most diluded mind? You read the articles in the SD Center where he did charity work; working with the gay & lesbian community, the youth, aids victims, etc... all points to someone who would not find the benefit in hurting a gay man's feelings. His reaction to James' comment about not wanting to get hurt was sincere and confused--not someone who knew there was a game to be played.
    You mean you arenít going to call Wes gay or straight depending on whether you like him or not, jcboltfan?! *mock shock* Seriously, thank you for your use of insight and reason... these boards need more of it.

  5. #185
    DFE
    DFE is offline
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27
    It's interesting how most assume that it was only the straight guys that were on the show for fame and money while the gay guys were just looking for love. I would think anyone awfully naive to think they were likely to find true love on a TV show. I would guess that the gay Mates had their own reasons for participation, with a chance to be in the lime light ranking pretty high. I seem to recall someone posting that Wes has appeared in several plays. If this is true, they even if he is gay, romance may not have the big motivator for him being on this show. I think James mentioning several times prior to learning the big twist his fear that some of them were playing games, speaks to his awareness that there were many possible motives for participating on this show. In the end, James may end up with a gay Mate, but he still may have picked a phoney.

  6. #186
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by DFE
    It's interesting how most assume that it was only the straight guys that were on the show for fame and money while the gay guys were just looking for love. I would think anyone awfully naive to think they were likely to find true love on a TV show. I would guess that the gay Mates had their own reasons for participation, with a chance to be in the lime light ranking pretty high. I seem to recall someone posting that Wes has appeared in several plays. If this is true, they even if he is gay, romance may not have the big motivator for him being on this show. I think James mentioning several times prior to learning the big twist his fear that some of them were playing games, speaks to his awareness that there were many possible motives for participating on this show. In the end, James may end up with a gay Mate, but he still may have picked a phoney.
    An excellent point, DFE... thanks for the reality check. (That is reality as in real).

  7. #187
    FORT Regular jcboltfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    121
    In the end, James may end up with a gay Mate, but he still may have picked a phoney.[/QUOTE]

    Good points and agree looking for love on reality t.v. could probably bring some questionable characters. But I think Wes in the last episode did say on the buggy ride that "I had a thousand things I wanted to accomplish on these dates, but I couldn't think of one of them. I just started to really enjoy my date with James." Wes is an actor, but that doesn't ultimately mean he's only there to further his career. Don't get me wrong; he probably felt if things didn't go well, he didn't have chemistry with James, he could at least say I had a good time, I like that gay men portrayed romance on t.v. even though I wasn't the recipient of the final glass of champagne, I created some visibility for gay charities I promote, or I had some visibility for my acting resume and maybe an agent may call. But at the same time, I think the body language, the one-on-one dialogue and the general interest in James genuinely appears on camera. Most of the gay guys on the show have been pretty sincere; Matthew pretty much told him "Let me go, not interested" and Robb seemed pretty much there for the romance too. Jason's agenda may have been "the don't ask don't tell" policy, but I don't think a potential romance would have turned him off. Kicker in the deal. I think James is there only for love. I haven't got the vibe that the gay guys are there for anything more than a potential mate and if worse came to worse, a good time in Palm Springs on someone else. Maybe a cruise if picked after the show. On the other hand, the straight guys were told they would get a cash reward if James picked them. And the show did turn the tables on the remaining straight guy giving James the heads up in the final decision without their knowledge that he knows there's someone lying. Everything I've read is James/gay guys only thought there would be a trip for two--no money. I would like to hear the positive spins each of the seven straight guys give at the end of the show because "theyz got a lots of esplaning to do".

  8. #188
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    30
    It is precisely the possibility that one or more of the gay guys could have less than romantic motives for being on the show that makes the ugly 'twist' unnecessary.

  9. #189
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    ......... I think Bravo ends up taking the high road here in the end; keep in mind, this is the channel which brings gay weddings to America's living rooms.......
    They will re-air Gay Weddings in September. Check out Bravo's schedule. It was very relatable and touching. It's worth a viewing or a second helping!

  10. #190
    FORT Newbie MrsDarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    It is precisely the possibility that one or more of the gay guys could have less than romantic motives for being on the show that makes the ugly 'twist' unnecessary.
    Bravo!! OOps I mean Excellent point!
    And straight on towards morning

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.